DAS stopping wages arrestment??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5358 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Once the DAS becomes approved this should stop the arrestment. The exception would be if the arrestment is conjoined. (EG two creditors sharing the deduction) I suggest you speak to your administrator.

I hope this information is of assistance.

Thanks. I have an appointment soon but wanted a bit more information while I get my figures in order. So should I be including the arrestment money when calculating what I can afford? It's only one creditor (HFC Bank) would they then become part of the DAS and be paid pro rata like everyone else? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get my head round how it works.

Thnx

Hi,

There's some info here............

www.moneyscotland.gov.uk - DAS Homepage

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

If you are working, the money you owe can be taken from your wages/salary directly from your employer by an earnings arrestment.

An ordinary arrestment is a 'once-only' freeze of property. But earnings arrestment doesn't freeze anything. Employers make regular payments until the sum due is paid.

There are three different types of earnings arrestment: earnings arrestment, continuous maintenance arrestment, and conjoined arrestment. They all follow the same basic system.

Approval of a DAS programme will cancel an earnings arrestment.

taken from scott's link

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

taken from scott's link

Aye, see, now and again I find a good one :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

First of all when compiling the finacial statement include the arrestment in other expenditure. The Money Advice Worker will pick up on this and deal with it as appropriate. Remember, that adjustments can be made at the initial interview to ensure that you have adequate money to live on. At that stage a calculation will be made to determine the length of the DAS.(Cannot normally Exceed 10 years although there have been exceptions) Once all the informatiom has been collated an application for approval will be made.

I am working on the assumption that your proposed administrator works in the charity sector. If this is the case then He/She will clarify the entire process in easily understood terms.

I am unable to speak for companies who administer on a commercial basis.

I hope this information is of assistance

• 3 weeks later...

thanks, thats great. my advisor is making offers to the creditors at the moment although one of them has refused it and asked for more. he has told me to stick to whats on my plan cos thats what i can afford at the moment. so we'll see what happens..