Help again please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5377 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi ellen thanksfor all yhe help you gave me through my mortgage problem its been a year now and im mortgage free living in a coucil house,got more problems if you could possibly lead me in the right direction i have around 5 debt arreas with different dca,missed one payment this month on all of them (pay by standing order)well,they never stop calling im fed up sod it saying iva aggreed yes,but not signed anything,were do i start i can afford to pay them but had enough just want a little freedom enjoy the money i earn for a change please direct me thanks

Hi Sonic - good to hear from you again:) I've moved your question to a thread of your own.

I think the best course of action is to send them all a letter stating you have had unexpected household expense and things will be back to normal in a month. Also, advise them in the letter that you will not accept constant telephone harassment given that you have now taken the time to write and advise them of the situation. If you need help with the letter please let me know and I'll happily draft one for you.

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

please ,that would be great if you could help me with a letter,but do i need to tell them things will be back to narmal in a month someone told me you can offer them £1 token but who do you offer that to the dca or the original lender(i.e lloyds tsb)

The trouble with being taken to court is that you end up with CCJ's. If you miss payments on the CCJ's you get visited by a County Court Bailiff. Best to avoid the courts in the first place.

I'll post a letter on here later.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

If the OP has acknowledged the debt and wishes to repay it then I can see no reason to bring about a CCJ.

However, if the debt is disputed in that there is question as to whether it is in fact owed then no payment should be made until it is proved.

Hi Sonic, letter affixed. Make sure you send by recorded delivery, keep a copy of the letter with the receipt for posting and then check on the royal mail website in a few days to print off the signature receipt - keep this with the copy letter in a safe place.

A good idea when dealing with multiple DCA's is to buy a ring binder and clear pockets. Use a separate pocket for each DCA and put all correspondence from and to them in it (in date order). It will then be easy to find everything when you need to. :)

Hi Sonic, sorry - my fault, didn't affix the letter (doh!) It's there now.

You send it to whoever is chasing you for missed payments (assume it's DCA's ?)

Ell

Sonic 68 letter.doc

thanks ellen ,whilst am at i i will tell them i can only afford realistic amounts a month ,as i feel i was kind of pushed in to paying monthly amounts they requested,and some months i struggle a little,what with myhusband on incapacity benefit due o accident at work thats why the house went yourin te wrong job ellen thanks

HELLO MAYBE WE CAN HELP.

Start a new tread on each of of your issues. we all have experience in dealing with most of the DCA.

WE NEED TO KNOW HOW OLD THEY ARE, WHAT ARE THEY. ANY CHARGES PPI

OR ANYTHING YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND,

Or just do one at a time

the vert best regards lilly white

Hi Sonic, I've amended the letter for you advising of reduced payments.

Ell

Sonic 68 letter.doc

hi ellen wrote to these people sent them on friday morning people still phoning me,and got a letter from one saying action required saying not recieved a payment and they will pass it on to solicitors to take legal action or instruct a local collection agent to collect te outstadng balance shall i wait will they have recieved my letter,or what is the next step thanks

Did you send all the letters by recorded delivery? If so, check on the royalmail website and print off the signature receipt for each one. Put the receipts with your copies of your letters. Keep these safe in a folder, we may need to send them another letter showing the receipts to confirm they received them.

Ell

Anything you send to any DCA needs to be sent by recorded delivery - always keep a copy of letter and always print of signature receipts from royalmail. You may have to prove they got the letter at a future date.

If you don't send recorded they'll simply ignore and say they didn't get it!