You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Another thing, they say they have photographic evidence of the entry and exit times, but have not included it in the SAR. If they have photos shouldn't they provide them in the SAR? And if they don't have them now, how can they prove anything?    Should I ask OBS to produce the photos?
    • Is this any better?  I've resigned myself to losing. Admittedly, I don't quite know what I'm doing. I just hope I get a remote hearing, that should save me some embarrassment.      1) The Claimants pleaded case is that the Defendant entered into an agreement with Provident subsequently assigned to Vanquis Bank Limited under account reference xxx.    2) It is admitted I have had financial dealings with Provident in the past. However, have no recollection of the alleged reference number the claimant refers to.   3) In February 2019 I made a formal written request to the Claimant for them to provide me with a copy of my Consumer Credit Agreement as entitled to do so under sections 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.    4) On the 21 June 2019 the Claimant sent a response which enclosed a reconstituted copy of an agreement, default notice, notice of assignment Provident to Vanquis, notice of assignment Vanquis to Lowell. [EXHIBIT x, x & x].   5) On 30/07/19, I received a claims form from the County Court Business Centre, Northampton, for the amount of £369.84. The claimant contends that the claim is for the sum of £369.84 in respect of monies owing under an alleged agreement with the account no xxxx  pursuant to The Consumer Credit Act 1974 (CCA).   6) Contained within the claimants particulars the claimant states that the account was subject to assignment from Provident to Vanquis. The claimant states a further assignment to them occurred on 12/06/2017 with notice given.    7) It is denied notice of assignment from Provident to Vanquis and subsequently Vanquis to Lowell were ever received.    😎 The claimant states documents were received at both addresses. The claimant doesn’t appear able to confirm my address and therefore cannot say with certainty said documents were received. Furthermore, the client did not issue said documents and therefore cannot prove delivery.     9) It is denied any communication took place with myself and Vanquis Bank Limited. Any alleged legal assignment to part of the “Fresh Start” initiative had not been informed. I have no previous knowledge.   10) Under the consumer credit act 2006, until debts have been repaid, there is an obligation to send statements and notices to the debtor at prescribed intervals at no more than 12 months. The statement should explain the money borrowed, money paid, interest in all cases and the outstanding amount. Consequences of failing to make repayments and the opportunity of making minimum payments should be informed. The Claimant has submitted a statement of accounts dated March 2019. This having followed my request for a credit consumer agreement. It is denied this document and any such required statement of accounts required under section 77A during the alleged agreement were ever received.   11) The claimant states that a default notice was issued on 18thJanuary 2017. The payment date requested by Vanquis Bank Limited on said document is  28thFebruary 2017. The formal Notice of Default that was accompanying this letter displays a requested payment date, 28thFebruary 2019. (Exhibit x, x)   12) I argue that this is not in fact a COPY of an original default notice, that they state was issued during February 2017, but that this is a fabricated version of a default notice created by Lowell. Either way the default notice was not issued by the assigned creditor (Vanquis).   13) It is therefore contended that the original creditor failed to serve a valid Default Notice pursuant to section 87(1) Service of a notice on the debtor or in accordance with section 88 (a “default notice ”) is necessary before the creditor or owner can become entitled, by reason of any breach by the debtor of a regulated agreement.   14) The Claimant states a default notice was not required. If there is a default in payments during the fixed term a default notice must be issued. The Claimant states they were informed a default notice was sent on 18thJanuary. The Claimants case relies upon being informed and does not constitute fact.   15) It is denied a default notice was ever received.    16) It is admitted I responded to the Claimant’s pre-action protocol letter addressed in my name. I indicated I did not know if I owed the debt. I indicated as such having no recollection of affiliation with Vanquis nor Lowell. A default for the allege debt appearing on my credit file only November 2019.    17) I understand that the claimant is an Assignee, a buyer of defunct or bad debts which are bought on mass portfolios at a much reduced cost to the amount claimed and which the original creditors have already written off as a capital loss and claimed against taxable income.   As an assignee or creditor as defined in section 189 of the CCA this applies to this new requirement on assignment of rights. This means that when an assignee purchases debts (or otherwise acquires rights under a credit agreement) it also acquires certain obligations to the borrower including the duty to comply with CCA requirements (such as the rules on statements and notices and other post-contractual information). The assignee becomes the creditor under the agreement. This ensures that essential consumer protections under the CCA cannot be circumvented by assigning the debt to a third party.   18) Under Civil Procedure Rule 16.5 (4) Where the claim includes a money claim, a defendant shall be taken to require that any allegation relating to the amount of money claimed be proved unless he expressly admits the allegation. Therefore, it is expected that the Claimant be required to prove the allegation that the money is owed as claimed.
    • Ok I’m still thinking about this PayPal but only because ive been reading other forums and them saying that PayPal sells the debt to other companies and then they chase you for it .   Here are the other debts I have below and I’m still paying them all but now really struggling with it as I’m now full carer and no tidy income. None of these have I failed to pay yet to date and ive never been to court or anything and no criminal record ive always been clean & tidy and always paid things without fail but due to circumstances already said about ive now got deeper in owing more and just really struggling now and cant afford all the payments I’m paying plus then all the interest that keeps going back on them.   Nationwide building society credit card  £4,400 Nationwide building society overdraft £345 Capital 1  £2,594 Argos credit/store card £1,904   the wife also has   Nationwide credit card £1,600 Argos credit/store card  £1,875 Capital 1  £1,280   Its the Nationwide bank I’m really wanting to keep sweet as ive been with them since I was like 17 and I’m 50 now plus I use it for all direct debits and car insurance / life insurance etc etc plus I rely on the overdraft from month to month.   
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
George1958

Bombshell dropped today!! Advice urgently required

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3718 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Good evening

All was going well, or so I thought until I took a call in the late afternoon from solicitors in Edinburgh. I live and work in Scotland.

It seems they went to court to raise proceedings against me, and that sherrif officers will be serving the papers as soon as possible. I still have to get that legal bit right in my head.

This has been raised over a business overdraft from the bank that Fred the Shred used to run, I signed a personal guarantee for that overdraft, the total amount including charges is almost £31K.

The reason for me thinking that all was going well, was the fact that I pay CCCS over £500 per month in a Debt Management Plan to pay my creditors (there are only two) and of this amount over £400 is paid to the bank for repayment of the overdraft. This Debt Management Plan is now in month 4 or 5, I can't remember exactly at the moment.

I tried phoning the CCCS for advice also, but they closed at 6 pm.

What can I do, or what should I be doing??

Kind regards

G

Hello G!

Firstly, keep off the Telephone, as it is very hard to keep a track of what is said, and then build it into your Defence.

If someone uses the Phone, it will be because they want to put pressure on you in a very unaccountable way.

They may not be Solicitors, as many DCAs pretend they are, just because they have one or two tame Lawyers working for them.

I'm not familiar with the Scottish System, but it sounds like they have started a Claim. The Court should send you details of that soon, if not, call the Court ASAP, and ask if they know about any of this.

If a Claim arrives, then we can take things from there.

The key to understand is the Phone call was designed to spook you. Not yet clear why, but most Lawyers tend to just send the papers, they don't usually call to have a toot as they do so. Something odd about that I feel.

The best you can do now is wait to see what turns up, and chase the Court if you want to find out sooner.

Beware of DCA tricks, as this all sounds a bit fishy. It could just be a DCA trying to load some pressure on you, for a reason that may become clear when they make their next move.

One thing I can say, is the Scottish System comes across as being a bit old fashioned, but has many benefits. From what I know of it, it tends to be more plodding and methodical, and there are key steps that have to be followed on the way to the full Court hearing. Papers and legal points have to be raised well ahead, so this can work in your favour.

Keep us all posted, and I'm sure you'll get all the help needed.

Cheers,

BRW

Good evening BRW

Thanks for your reply, it was good to read your post.

At the moment I feel as though I'm doing all I can do, but need to involve the CCCS first thing tomorrow.

I honestly can't believe the deep doo-doo I'm in, and basically all because of misplaced trust in a former business partner.

The solicitors have said they have written to me two weeks ago, but I haven't received that letter, so I asked for a copy which they say they are going to send on.

Now that the juices are flowing the solicitor also said that they had enclosed a "means" form for income and expenditure, that's what I went through with CCCS to come up with over £400/month repayment to the bank.

I'll take your advice and contact the court, although I've a feeling the Sherriff will get me first.

Where can I buy some really cheap lucky white heather?

Regards

g

Evening All

There is enough information in my threads for the financial institution to identify me, but that couldn't be helped as I needed to get as much information onto my thread as possible so fellow caggers could offer advice and support.

Why is it almost everytime I look at my thread there is also a guest viewing?

I know it seems I am getting paranoid about it all, but honestly I couldn't give a jott, if there are snoopers then they obviously have a job to do, probably a job others don't want to do.

Later I will be attaching a letter I am intending to send to the institution, hopefully someone can peruse it, and give me go/nogo advices?

Keep well and strong fellow caggers

Regards

G

No guests on it now George ;)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

George, even if it went to Court, any SANE Judge would not expect you to pay more than the £400 a month you are already paying.

Many thanks for the replies "MaroonDevo" and "Havingastella"

This is the first I've been able to log back on to CAG due to work and family illnesses, not swine flu as I have a special oink-ment for that!!

Anyway, as just stated Ive logged on and there's the guest viewing, suppose that's what we get in a free country.

Getting back to my oringinal bombshell things have moved up a gear,I've drafted a letter to send on to the solicitors and the text is below.

Is someone able to take a look at the text and tell me if I'm just making a rod for my own back, I really don't want to ignore the solicitors, but i don't want to appear thick either.

In a weird way Im looking forward to it going to court, and just finding out how they are going to get blood from a stone.

I have no assets, no cash in the bank, and the house is in negative equity.

Lucky white heather anyone??

Dear Sir

Thank you for you letter dated 30 July 2009 which I received today, Monday 03 August 2009, the content of the letter is acknowledged and I now find it necessary to seek further advices.

My recent discussion with your XXXX XXXXXXXX can be left for later, however my disappointment remains as I requested details about your complaints procedure to be forwarded to me.

Please be aware I have written to your client on 06 July 2009 stating that the account is in dispute for the following summary of reasons.

1) In my opinion the manner in which the overdraft was managed by your client did not protect my interests.

2) In my opinion the charges applied to the account can be deemed to be disproportionate and unfair.

3) Clarification on the word “underhand” verbally used by one of the recent business managers to describe the methods of the business manager who provided the overdraft facilities.

I have also written to your client on 30 July 2009 requiring them to comply with my request as stated in the previous letter, and reminding them that since the account is in dispute they are not permitted to take any action against that account, that also includes any actions that affect my credit rating, and passing the account to a third party.

Further, I have a Debt Management Plan to repay this overdraft which is administered by the Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS). The current monthly repayment is over £400.

It is my right to withhold payment whilst the account remains in dispute, however at present I have every intention of continuing to make repayment.

By entering into a Debt Management Plan administered by the CCCS, I am of the opinion that I am showing myself willing to make repayment. These repayments are causing financial hardship and stress in my domestic situation, but repayments via the CCCS will continue.

Finally, please ensure that all correspondence is made via mail to my above address, any attempt to communicate by any other medium will be recorded and logged.

Yours faithfully,

XXXX XXXXXXXX

I cant see it doing any harm George.

But going back to BRW's post, I would absolutely agree with him that the whole thing is a bit fishy and designed to put you on edge. Besides the factors that BRW has identified - solicitors dont usually phone for instance - I think its odd that they would say the Sheriff Officers were going to serve Court papers. Sheriff Officers dont serve Court papers - one day there will be a ring at your door and the postman will be standing there with them, waiting for a signature. Or at least that is my understanding |(and experience).

Of course Sheriff Officers would be bad news IF the case had gone through court and an order made against you. But even then as Havinastella points out, a Court would take a measured view of your ability to pay. But Sheriff Officers is a buzz word that suppresses our critical faculties and we just respond emotionally (ie we c**p ourselves).

This sounds like what happened to me with Amex just over a year ago. The guy even admitted that he was from a DCA, but it was the bit about "your card is being actioned tomorrow". Now I would just tell him to go away and behave himself, but then - not knowing anything at all - I had visions of Sheriff Officers backed by battalions of police, marching up the garden path the next day. Complete rubbish of course - but it got me to pay up on an account that Amex hadnt even bothered to sign the agreement for too!

As I have said elsewhere - remember this isnt about right/wrong or legal or not, its about bringing money in as best they can.

One other thing - check out the solicitors on google or somewhere and see what comes up. You might just learn something.

Good luck:smile:

Dear All

I'm now back on line after being tied up elswhere, but was still able to deal with the solicitor via letter. However I'm now tempting fate by saying things have went a bit quiet on the solicitor front.

It may be because I responded in the same terse language used in their letters asking them to remind their client of obligations they have under the CCA and the DPA.

But, in my most pessimistic of moods I think they are just sharpening bayonets ready for the order to charge.

But then again, in my most optimistic of moods I've blunted their bayonets once, so I'm quite sure I can do it again. Willpower, it's all down to willpower (and a good dose of support from CAG).

Again, sorry for being off line for so long.

Regards

G

Hiya,

Are you saying you sent a cca request for the overdraft?

if so then it won't do much good as overdrafts are exempt

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hiya,

Are you saying you sent a cca request for the overdraft?

if so then it won't do much good as overdrafts are exempt

ida x

Good afternoon IDA

All I tried to do was to fend off their approaches, I could inject a bit of drama and say to fend off their attacks.

I had guessed that overdrafts would be exempt from a credit agreement request, and I have a suspicion that businesses may be exempt from the Consumer Credit Act (CCA) as well, however since the bank is recovering sums due in respect to a Guarantee Obligation, I am of the opinion that makes me a consumer now with rights under the CCA and the DPA, that is the main thrust of my argument.

Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree, but it certainly quitened things down.

Regards

G

Have you actually received any court papers yet?

If not, then I would be tempted to just carry on as you are with your DMP & ignore any further communications from this solicitor/dca.

End of the day, you are paying what you can (& it's not a sum that most of us on here could make!) and any judge would see that.

Have you actually received any court papers yet?

If not, then I would be tempted to just carry on as you are with your DMP & ignore any further communications from this solicitor/dca.

End of the day, you are paying what you can (& it's not a sum that most of us on here could make!) and any judge would see that.

Hi MKB

I've not had any court papers yet, but I keep thinking it's only a matter of time.

I'm at the maximum what I can pay, and I'm working like a dog to make sure I pay on time every month.

At the end of the day I know I've spent money I borrowed and that I need to pay it back.

Regards

G

Check with the CCCS whether the creditor accepted your proposal as well because if they did, then surely that would also go in your favour with the judge if it ever gets to court i.e. you entered the DMP & the creditor accepted it then the issuing of court proceedings would be seen as being unfair, unless you were in arrears with the payments to CCCS thus the OC.

Check with the CCCS whether the creditor accepted your proposal as well because if they did, then surely that would also go in your favour with the judge if it ever gets to court i.e. you entered the DMP & the creditor accepted it then the issuing of court proceedings would be seen as being unfair, unless you were in arrears with the payments to CCCS thus the OC.

Hi MKB

Your post prompted me to look into my CCCS file, I have nothing there to say that this creditor has rejected my DMP.

I suppose that since I was in month 4 of my DMP before the solicitors got involved then by default the creditor has accepted any proposal put forward to them.

All payments are upto date, just.

Regards

G

CCCS will pay them whether or not they have accepted your proposal but most creditors confirm that this has been accepted but you might not always be informed of this so I think you should speak to CCCS to

a) ask if your proposal had been accepted

b) if no response to your proposal, ask CCCS to confirm with OC

c) tell them about these calls

d) if £500 is too much of a stretch, whether you can re-negotiate your DMP

CCCS will pay them whether or not they have accepted your proposal but most creditors confirm that this has been accepted but you might not always be informed of this so I think you should speak to CCCS to

a) ask if your proposal had been accepted

b) if no response to your proposal, ask CCCS to confirm with OC

c) tell them about these calls

d) if £500 is too much of a stretch, whether you can re-negotiate your DMP

I phoned CCCS today, and they will continue paying even if the creditor rejects the DMP, however I asked what would happen at the end of the DMP and CCCS said that the debt was "done and dusted".

There is a process running up to the end of the DMP which is managed by CCCS on my behalf, so I feel a bit easier. However, I still have a worry that the creditors will come back for interest due over the time-span of the DMP. That worry can wait for now, all I have to do is keep trying to make my payments.

Regards

G

George I'm glad you're feeling a bit better about all this :)

Did you tell CCCS that you're finding it really tough to meet this amount?

Has the interest been frozen?

How long will the DMP take to clear?

Sorry for all the questions but you need to know the answers to them to get peace of mind :rolleyes:

George I'm glad you're feeling a bit better about all this :)

Did you tell CCCS that you're finding it really tough to meet this amount?

Has the interest been frozen?

How long will the DMP take to clear?

Sorry for all the questions but you need to know the answers to them to get peace of mind :rolleyes:

Hi MKB

I'm due for a review before the next payment, and I'm going to mention it then.

With refernce to the interest CCCS have stated that the interest is frozen and the debt will be cleared at the end of the term put forward by CCCS.

The term of the DMP is 6 years, it's a long time I know but compared to a secured loan it makes sound economic sense.

When I went to CCCS the creditors were really starting to turn the heat up and I thought I had left it all too late, but CCCS came through for me.

After CCCS my attention was brought to CAG, and after reading some threads I bit the bullet and posted a couple of threads. I must admit thought that hitting the "Submit Thread" button for the first time filled me with dread. Soon the encouragement from other CAG members started being posted on my threads.

I am no longer paddleless in s***creek.

I would encourage anyone who has debt problems to contact CCCS who will take up the fight for you, and should any guest be reading this I recommend you become a member of CAG which will give you the confidence to fight back and tell creditors to get a dose of reality and stop being silly.

The love of my life brought both CCCS and CAG to my attention and gave me encouragement to contact both organisations, without her I would still be dreading every bit of post that arrived and waiting for the doorbell to ring.

Regards

G

Well done!

Like you, I am so glad to have found CAG. The thing that amazes me is the depth of knowledge of the members & the willingness to share this knowledge with anyone who needs it - and all for a little click of the scales & hopefully, a donation to the site for the greater good.

Fully agree about the 1st time of pressing the submit button - it's terrifying :D and you think everyone is going to judge you for your mistakes which were made in innocence but then find out that this is totally not the case :D

Dear George1958,

1.You are correct Sheriff Officers do present COURT PAPERS.

2.I have successfully defeated the Edinburgh Solicitors ;)

3.I will try and help you.:D

4.Keep paying for now.

5.Private Message me for info

6.Do not talk to them on the phone

7.Keep all letters and make a file put them in date,it will be a large file

8.RELAX and lets have some fun :D:D lots of letters to write

9 its only money.

10.If you dont want to fight then get a DEED TRUST paid off in 3 years and no court action to defend.

If anyone can give advice please do so on the open forum

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Dear George1958,

1.You are correct Sheriff Officers do present COURT PAPERS.

2.I have successfully defeated the Edinburgh Solicitors ;)

3.I will try and help you.:D

4.Keep paying for now.

5.Private Message me for info

6.Do not talk to them on the phone

7.Keep all letters and make a file put them in date,it will be a large file

8.RELAX and lets have some fun :D:D lots of letters to write

9 its only money.

10.If you dont want to fight then get a DEED TRUST paid off in 3 years and no court action to defend.

Thanks RHOOD

It's good to know that the Edinburgh Solicitors have been beaten, and that you're willing to help me through this. Any pointer will be gratefully followed up.

I don't when I last had some fun, but if I could have some fun with these comedians then that would be great.

All letters are filed in chronological order.

Regards

G

George,

Sent you a PM, and the EDINBURGH SOLICITORS are not the quickest to respond, ask specific questions and on your letters put :

please respond by xx/xx/2009, this cranks up the pressure give them 7 to 10 days.

You can also e-mail them and keep the copies

I cant see it doing any harm George.

But going back to BRW's post, I would absolutely agree with him that the whole thing is a bit fishy and designed to put you on edge. Besides the factors that BRW has identified - solicitors dont usually phone for instance - I think its odd that they would say the Sheriff Officers were going to serve Court papers. Sheriff Officers dont serve Court papers - one day there will be a ring at your door and the postman will be standing there with them, waiting for a signature. Or at least that is my understanding |(and experience).

Of course Sheriff Officers would be bad news IF the case had gone through court and an order made against you. But even then as Havinastella points out, a Court would take a measured view of your ability to pay. But Sheriff Officers is a buzz word that suppresses our critical faculties and we just respond emotionally (ie we c**p ourselves).

This sounds like what happened to me with Amex just over a year ago. The guy even admitted that he was from a DCA, but it was the bit about "your card is being actioned tomorrow". Now I would just tell him to go away and behave himself, but then - not knowing anything at all - I had visions of Sheriff Officers backed by battalions of police, marching up the garden path the next day. Complete rubbish of course - but it got me to pay up on an account that Amex hadnt even bothered to sign the agreement for too!

As I have said elsewhere - remember this isnt about right/wrong or legal or not, its about bringing money in as best they can.

One other thing - check out the solicitors on google or somewhere and see what comes up. You might just learn something.

Good luck:smile:

I can confirm that the solicitors do telephone first then send Sheriff Cowboys, sorry Sheriff Officers, and also post out the WRIT PAPERS

which are not signed for.

They need to do this first and give you 14 days to

ignore,time order/admit or DEFEND

forms 03, 05 & 07

best to defend FORM 07 and ask for paperwork -which will never arrive anyway.

it costs £80 to defend in Scotland

THE GAME BEGINS

• Haha 1