Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4070 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

my son works part time in a pub. he has no contract, he is a student so in term time only works two or three shifts a week. since college broke up he has worked 50 hors a week. he has booked to go on holiday on 18th august. at that time he will have worked 6 weeks on full time hours. how will his holiday pay be worked out?

You need to have a read of the Working Time Directive it gives a formula for calculating Holiday Pay.A quick search on the internet will find it.

Living in the wild windy west of Ireland

thanks wobbly. he is not grumpling about the hours he is working, very happy earning the money for his first holiday abroad without the parents.

he need to know how his holiday pay will be worked out

thanks again

i have worked a in a couple of pubs with different holiday systems. 1st was mitchells and butlers who worked out holiday entitlement based on how many days you worked a week and it was added up weekly, when you took a holiday sday the pay was the average amount you earnt a day over the past 12 weeks, the second company was green king who based your holiday on hours worked so if you were contracted for 16 hours a week then they would work out how much holiday you was entitled to based on a 16 hour week, however when i no longer worked for them (the pub was taken over by a private tenant) i challenged them on my holiday pay as i had never worked 16 hours a week (which is what they claimed i was contracted for). i argued that as i had never worked a set shift pattern then my holiday entitlement should be worked out by hours worked rather than contracted hours. they didnt put up much of a fight and paid me an extra 13 hours worth of holiday pay that they owed me.

sorry if that makes no sense but i hope it helps.

thanks

helps a little

he has no contract, so no contracted hours. when he goes away he will have worked 6 weeks on about £70 a week and 6 weeks on about £200

should his pay be an average of this?