style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5249 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i've recently been having problems regarding an old council tax bill that has now been settled with the council so nothing is in arrears . The problem i am having is that the baliffs are still trying to get me to pay them £186.50 in charges even though there is no outstanding debt is this allowed? What are they legally allowed to claim from me?

i've recently been having problems regarding an old council tax bill that has now been settled with the council so nothing is in arrears . The problem i am having is that the baliffs are still trying to get me to pay them £186.50 in charges even though there is no outstanding debt is this allowed? What are they legally allowed to claim from me?

Hi Whipsey

Rossendales hmmmm, they dig in their heels especially Les Holbourn (cheap as chips).

I had the same problem a few month ago, I simply called my local authority and spoke to the manager of the correct department, then I explained the whole situation, I insisted that she got in touch with the bailiff and that she deals with it, I called her a few hrs later and 'bingo' she had sorted it.

Good Luck

Mr W

Regards..Mr Worried :)

they can only charge for 2 visits £42.50 in total

I take they have never been in your house

have the left you a NOTICE OF SEIZURE OF GOOD AND INVENTORY

bailiffs are very good at doing a levy on any car outside a house and charging a walking possession fee levy fee and a van fee

never been inside the house i've got a mobile number for the baliff do you think i should phone him and ask for a breakdown of there charges in writing?

they have made a fair few visits but never actually knocked onthe door its normally a case of post a letter then leg it

Hi

Were the problems (debt) to the councill, paid as a result of comms from the bailliff?. or had you settled yr poll tax before the bailliffs started to comm with you?

I done some work for a bailliff and he was a proper arse (loved himself)

and he said they will always chase charges even if accts are settled, he also told me they told loads of lies and that he had been bankrupt needless to say when he paid me I made a phone call ..nudge nudge...

Mr W

e-mail the bailiff company also put it in writing and send recorded delivery

£186.50 there is something wrong if they are trying to charge you that and there ids no walking possession agreement

if you have the bailiffs name check to see if he is certificated

On line search to check if a Bailiff is Certificated

it was settled after the baliffs started to communicate

So are you saying that the visits made you think twice..hence payment followed?

I would asume that there will be something to pay, I would write to them once your happy with the advice you get from her ..( letter anybody) and then contact them dare I say with an offer of payment...

So are you saying that the visits made you think twice..hence payment followed?

I would asume that there will be something to pay, I would write to them once your happy with the advice you get from her ..( letter anybody) and then contact them dare I say with an offer of payment...

nope i wasn't aware of the arrears until they made contact

Ive just checked on the hmrc website and he's not certified with rossendales

then get on to the council bailiffs can only work for the company they are certificated to unless he is self employed

who does it say he works for

Ministry of Justice Public Register of Bailiffs on 020 3334 6355

then i suggest you phone the above number to confirm he is not a bailiff

if he is not then phone the council and tell them Rossendales

are employing people who are not bailiffs to collect council tax arrears if he is not a bailiff then your fees are nil

would you send me a PRIVATE MESSAGE with his name and the area you live in

i an trying to build a database to see how often there name crops up the area they are collecting in and the company they work for

if you don't want to thats OK i understand

would you send me a PRIVATE MESSAGE with his name and the area you live in

i an trying to build a database to see how often there name crops up the area they are collecting in and the company they work for

if you don't want to thats OK i understand

i'll send a pm with his details once i have the problems sorted out

:)

• 2 months later...

right he has reared his ugly head again and threatened my partner that i will be locked up if i don't pay the bill which has now shot up to £261.50 where do i stand?

ive also checked and he is certified

Edited by whipsey

right i have just sent a message to a mr reed stating that i require a full breakdown of charges in writing as the council tax bill has been paid before they receive any money from me