3 mobile company sold my account to Lovells

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to all,

I did buy a mobile contract over the phone from a company that I found on the newspaper, I called them and they took my cards details, they sent me the phones with a irresistible offer on cash back.

I used the phones for about three or four months however I never got my cash back and bills were high, so I stopped using the phone, the network I was using was 3, when i told them about the problem they said that I needed to talk to the dealer who got me the phone, obviously they had no office and it was all over the phone, frustrated I stopped using the phone and 3 asked me to pay in full for the remaining months left. I changed address and notified 3 and then changed address again and never notified them. this is all in 2007.

this month I got a letter from 3 company ( I did take mobile broadband with them for a month and that's how they tracked me ) and they asked me to pay the previous balance of £299, then I got a letter from them telling me that they sold my account to Lovells and this enforcing agency or debt collector is asking me now to pay them.

I don't know what to do really but for sure I don't want to pay them because I cannot and I do not want to.

Can anyone please tell me what are their chances of taking it from me?

Are they going to take me to court?

are they going to come to my place and threaten me ? I have a wife and kids at home and don't want them to be scared

What's the best way to deal with me as so far I ignored them and shredded all their letters.

It would be much appreciated if you could advise, as I said my wife is scared when someone knocks...and it's a stressful thing to go through.

thanks a lot and much appreciated.

if I ignore them what would happen ? I did not notify them of my new address, further more it is not my own address, it's my uncle's address that I am staying at for a while, I did change my credit card/debit card address to this address and i remember now that I paid with direct debit 3 company for some months, would that be an evidence? as far as I know i didn't sign anything with anyone, it was all over the phone.

If you updated your address with your creditcard company they will have updated the information on your credit file so Lowells will be able to access that information.

As for ignoring them, that is up to you but they can be quite tenacious once they realise they have located the person they are after. Obviously it's up to you, but they will inundate you with letters/postcards & if they manage to get your 'phone number they will bombard you with calls.

would that be an evidence? as far as I know i didn't sign anything with anyone

That is the whole point of sending a 'Prove It' letter. The onus is on them to prove a debt exists and that they are entitled to collect it.

I am currently dealing with Lowell regarding an 02 account that has been sold to them.

As cerberusalert has advised send them the prove it letter. Lowell will probably send you a copy of a spreadsheet with your name on it and tell you that this proves your liability. This does not prove any liability, what you require from Lowell is

1. Copy of any contract from 3 relating to this alleged debt

2. Copy of any the final bill from 3

Lowell will give you the run around and will then try and intimidate you by passing your account to Red Collections (Same company as Lowell's)

Lowell might even try to charge you £4.99 to get the Information you have asked for from 3

Remember that it is Lowell's responsibility to prove your liability and they must provide

2. Copy of the final bill from 3

I hope the information i have provided help and if you need any help let me know

Remember that it is Lowell's responsibility to prove your liability and they must provide

2. Copy of the final bill from 3

I hope the information i have provided help and if you need any help let me know

so what's the best course of action then please? to write to them and start this fight?

or

not to reply to them?

am not sure what to do really

thanks

same thing has happened to me, i sent a prove it letter to bcw aka scumbags are us (i even put that on the letter!) sent on the 20th and have heard nothing as yet. have also queried it with experien as the cheeky twats have put a default on my credit file without my permission and without a default notice being served. so the account is in dispute because of this, experien have said they are writing to them and a note has been put on my file. from what i have read on here they are a bunch of ******s out to scare some poor person into paying. the advice you get on here is superb!!!! so i hope everything turns out ok

same thing has happened to me, i sent a prove it letter to bcw aka scumbags are us (i even put that on the letter!) sent on the 20th and have heard nothing as yet. have also queried it with experien as the cheeky twits have put a default on my credit file without my permission and without a default notice being served. so the account is in dispute because of this, experien have said they are writing to them and a note has been put on my file. from what i have read on here they are a bunch of ******s out to scare some poor person into paying. the advice you get on here is superb!!!! so i hope everything turns out ok

Lowells bought the account from 3 mobile company, 3 said that they sold my account to them. verbal agreement with the dealer not 3 and I am not aware of 3 terms & conditions

Lowells might know because of my bank statements or BT bill, but nothing else, not council tax or electoral list as I am staying with my relative, do you think I can ask my relative to write to them and ask them not to contact me on that address?

all in all I don't want this headache, it's stressful and I don't want to embark in a long fight

this is my point, I don't care now about my credit scoring as I don't like credit cards and loans anyway.

Thanks, I will, I think I have no choice but start this battle, I will let you know about the progress, you will hear from me soon I suppose.

Thank you all of you for the great support you're giving

Thanks, I will, I think I have no choice but start this battle, I will let you know about the progress, you will hear from me soon I suppose.

Thank you all of you for the great support you're giving

As i stated before i am in a similar battle with Lowell so i am more than happy to help you as your battle progresses.

As i stated before i am in a similar battle with Lowell so i am more than happy to help you as your battle progresses.

Much appreciated, so I am on the right track then? what would you suggest on top of what I will be doing?

Much appreciated, so I am on the right track then? what would you suggest on top of what I will be doing?

Yes your on the right track, send off the letter and wait for a response.

Yes your on the right track, send off the letter and wait for a response.

the trouble is that I shredded the correspondence !!! shall I just wait for the next letter and hopefully it wont be late or do I contact them? also do I need to dispute the sum with 3 mobile and get them on hold or would that be stopping them is enough ? also what do you think? how is our case and what are our chances here?

hi there, got a letter from bcw yesterday stating they were refering it back to the client etc etc, today i get two letters one for a final demand dated the 29th july and another letter dated the 28th stating

Dear x x x x

i write in response to your recent request for a signed copy of the original credit agreement between yourself and the above named client (lowell). thats great only i never asked for one i sent a disputed debt letter?

i can advise thats as the agreement in question is not covered by the cca, the debt is still enforcable in the absence of the aformenetioned document.

i have placed a 7 day delay on collection activity bless em how sweet!

etc etc

ok guys which letter comes next

i can advise

You will find that 3 are amongst the worst of the worst for persistence and ignoring anything you write. They will telephone oftern.

Lowells, however, are also as bad. Mobile contract are not covered by the CCA as already mentioned and the contracts are extremely hard to get out of.

You could get lucky and ride this debt out, but in all honesty my opinion would be that once the debt is proved and the right to collect is also proved offer a small regular payment and stick with it. If they do then take the matter to Court you will have proved that you are not shirking your debts.

• 3 weeks later...
You will find that 3 are amongst the worst of the worst for persistence and ignoring anything you write. They will telephone oftern.

Lowells, however, are also as bad. Mobile contract are not covered by the CCA as already mentioned and the contracts are extremely hard to get out of.

You could get lucky and ride this debt out, but in all honesty my opinion would be that once the debt is proved and the right to collect is also proved offer a small regular payment and stick with it. If they do then take the matter to Court you will have proved that you are not shirking your debts.

I am not sure how they prove the debt as last week I received a letter from another agency with regards to the same case, it's now Red Debt ( another agency instructed by Lowell ) and they said that neither Lowell nor Red Debt LTD know about the reason of outstanding money but they bought the account and they need to money, they also 'to get another advise if money is not paid and the right action will be taken'.

Do you think i should reply to them asking for proof ? is it a real threat? or shall I just ignore them and let them think that their correspondence is not getting to the right person? i am sorry i still not with the mood to contact them, please advise and thanks

• 2 months later...

UPdate,

I sent the prove letter back in August, i got couple of replies from red and lowell acknowledging the receipt and also in another letter three or four weeks after stating that they still are looking and investigating...today I had an urgent letter asking me to contact a number ( am not sure if it's from the post office or not my wife found the letter under the door as someone rang and knocked the door many times and left) my wife gave me the number and ref, when i called it was Red again, I put the phone down.

what is the situation now? i sent the prove letter and it's more than 40 days now? what am I suppose to do now? call the number? ignore them? thanks

Hi.

was the letter in sealed envelope.

do you think someone called and put it through the door?

depending on what letter said.?

you could warn them by (letter)that you are still waiting for proof,or ignore till they come back again.

but DO NOT talk to these cretins on the phone ever.

SAM

no, it was a kind of flyer thing, trying to mislead as if it was from the post office, anyway I wont speak to them, but again I sent them the prove letter and so far they haven't replied, what do you I should do, is that now harassment?? it is as some point, how could i stop them

the famous calling card:rolleyes:

designed to make you think that they had called.

so you call...

they have received your prove it,AND responded that they are investigating.

then lost the plot again between lowell crap and crap from red.

either ignore UNTILL they send written proof,that you except.

or send letter of complaint to compliance.inclose telephone harassment/doorstep templates and tell them to get it sorted before you bring it to the attention of OFT and TS.

SAM