• Tweets

• They have defended the claim by saying that the job was of unsatisfactory standard and they had to call another carpenter to remedy. My husband has text messages about them losing the keys a second time and also an email. What do they hope to achieve??? Most importantly,  as far as I have seen online, now I need to wait for paperwork from the court, correct?
    • The Notice to Hirer does not comply with the protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule  4 . This is before I ask if Europarks have sent you a copy of the PCN they sent to Arval along with a copy of the hire agreement et. if they haven't done that either you are totally in the clear and have nothing to worry about and nothing to pay. The PCN they have sent you is supposed to be paid by you according to the Act within 21 days. The chucklebuts have stated 28 days which is the time that motorists have to pay. Such a basic and simple thing . The Act came out in 2012 and still they cannot get it right which is very good news for you. Sadly there is no point in telling them- they won't accept it because they lose their chance to make any money out of you. they are hoping that by writing to you demanding money plus sending in their  unregulated debt collectors and sixth rate solicitors that you might be so frightened as to pay them money so that you can sleep at night. Don't be surprised if some of their letters are done in coloured crayons-that's the sort of  level of people you will be dealing with. Makes great bedding for the rabbits though. Euro tend not to be that litigious but while you can safely ignore the debt collectors just keep an eye out for a possible Letter of Claim. They are pretty rare but musn't be ignored. Let us know so that you can send a suitably snotty letter to them showing that you are not afraid of them and are happy to go to Court as you like winning.  
    • They did reply to my defence stating it would fail and enclosed copies of NOA, DN Term letter and account statements. All copies of T&C's that could be reconstructions and the IP address on there resolves to the town where MBNA offices are, not my location
    • Here are 7 of our top tips to help you connect with young people who have left school or otherwise disengaged.View the full article
    • My defence was standard no paperwork:   1.The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 2. Paragraph 1 is noted. The Defendant has had a contractual relationship with MBNA Limited in the past. The Defendant does not recognise the reference number provided by the claimant within its particulars and has sought verification from the claimant who is yet to comply with requests for further information. 3. Paragraph 2 is denied. The Defendant maintains that a default notice was never received. The Claimant is put to strict proof to that a default notice was issued by MBNA Limited and received by the Defendant. 4. Paragraph 3 is denied. The Defendant is unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment allegedly served from either the Claimant or MBNA Limited. 5. On the 02/01/2023 the Defendant requested information pertaining to this claim by way of a CCA 1974 Section 78 request. The claimant is yet to respond to this request. On the 19/05/2023 a CPR 31.14 request was sent to Kearns who is yet to respond. To date, 02/06/2023, no documentation has been received. The claimant remains in default of my section 78 request. 6. It is therefore denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant, the Claimant has failed to provide any evidence of proof of assignment being sent/ agreement/ balance/ breach or termination requested by CPR 31.14, therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to: (a) show how the Defendant entered into an agreement; and (b) show and evidence the nature of breach and service of a default notice pursuant to Section 87(1) CCA1974 (c) show how the claimant has reached the amount claimed for; and (d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim; 7. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed. 8. On the alternative, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the consumer credit Act 1974. 9. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Capstone Mortgages

Lindsey0796
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5385 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am currently having huge problems with SPML. Yesterday I recieved a letter from their solicitors demanding I pay £5400 with in 7 days or they activate the suspension order on my home.

Luckily my partner and I have been talking about him coming in on the mortgage, so he is going to take a loan out for me so I can clear the arrears and just pay £522 my monthly payment.

How have I got to this point you may ask? And I have to say I am asking myslef the same question!

I had my own business that failed miserably after 4 years due to the credit crunch, so I had a year of missed mortage payments. The court order was for me to pay £650 a month which was my monthly payment of £550 plus £100 to pay off arrears.

Just before my business completely flunked they demanded I paid £1500 or be repossed, so I sold my van and paid it in the nick of time.

I then had a month out of work. I then started my new job, which only covered the mortage payment and arrears. The 1st month which was in August I had a choice pay for the train pass to get to work or pay the mortgage, so I paid the train pass so that I could pay the mortgage.

As you may guess last year was a disaster for me, I owed a full years council tax also, I started a new job in October 2008 that means I can comfortably afford to pay my mortgage and the £100 arrears. In January however I had the choice of the bayliffs taking my possessions for the council tax or miss a mortage payment, so i missed a mortgage payment and paid the council tax.

SPML chased me and eventually said if I did not get in touch they would reposses me. I called and spoke to an advisor and explained my situation and expressed how I felt I was being harrassed as they know there is £50,000 equitl in my house so an easy repo for them, he said not at all we dont want to reposses you we just want your money, which suggests to me demanding money by harresment? He then said not to worry the £50 charge will carry on until I pay it off but they would not reposses me, I explained I would pay off extra money everytime I get a bonus on top of the £100 I was already paying. End of or so I thought!

Last night I got home to the solicitors letter and I know third time round the court will not go in my favour.

Mistakes SPML have made on my account:

When my fixed rate ended in Nov I set up a direct debit instead of paying it myself at the bank. Nov SPML only took £522 Dec SPML only took £522. Because I had not checked at the bank they decided it was my fault not theres for not takeing the extra £100.

I have agreed to pay them £650 intotal a month, because the interest rate has gone downthey are not only taking £622. Why when I told them they could take £650.

I have missed two payments in 7 months and have rung them and explianed why. I have told them that I am fianally on my feet and can make my monthly payments and extra £100 arreas payments and will pay extra as and when I can.

Why have they not offered me:

Interest only?

Mortgage arrears councelling?

Mortgage Holiday?

Spread the arrears over the mortage tearm?

Why am I paying £100 per month of the arrears and they are going up instead of down? I know they charge £50 a month but surly it should be coming down a little?

I have £60,000 equity in my house which was gifted to me by my dad and my mortage is £89,000. I am an easy target!

I am going to pay the money they are demanding, half of which is chrages and not arrears as I have no other choice to keep my home, but I am going to ask for a full statment of my account since I got into finacial trouble as I have paid them £1000's to stop this repossession and think they have taken £1000's off me in charges! Surly there has to be somthing I can do with consumer rights to stop others going through the distress and upset I have gone through!

:sad::sad::sad::sad:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I am currently having huge problems with SPML. Yesterday I recieved a letter from their solicitors demanding I pay £5400 with in 7 days or they activate the suspension order on my home.

Luckily my partner and I have been talking about him coming in on the mortgage, so he is going to take a loan out for me so I can clear the arrears and just pay £522 my monthly payment.

How have I got to this point you may ask? And I have to say I am asking myslef the same question!

I had my own business that failed miserably after 4 years due to the credit crunch, so I had a year of missed mortage payments. The court order was for me to pay £650 a month which was my monthly payment of £550 plus £100 to pay off arrears.

Just before my business completely flunked they demanded I paid £1500 or be repossed, so I sold my van and paid it in the nick of time.

I then had a month out of work. I then started my new job, which only covered the mortage payment and arrears. The 1st month which was in August I had a choice pay for the train pass to get to work or pay the mortgage, so I paid the train pass so that I could pay the mortgage.

As you may guess last year was a disaster for me, I owed a full years council tax also, I started a new job in October 2008 that means I can comfortably afford to pay my mortgage and the £100 arrears. In January however I had the choice of the bayliffs taking my possessions for the council tax or miss a mortage payment, so i missed a mortgage payment and paid the council tax.

SPML chased me and eventually said if I did not get in touch they would reposses me. I called and spoke to an advisor and explained my situation and expressed how I felt I was being harrassed as they know there is £50,000 equitl in my house so an easy repo for them, he said not at all we dont want to reposses you we just want your money, which suggests to me demanding money by harresment? He then said not to worry the £50 charge will carry on until I pay it off but they would not reposses me, I explained I would pay off extra money everytime I get a bonus on top of the £100 I was already paying. End of or so I thought!

Last night I got home to the solicitors letter and I know third time round the court will not go in my favour.

Mistakes SPML have made on my account:

When my fixed rate ended in Nov I set up a direct debit instead of paying it myself at the bank. Nov SPML only took £522 Dec SPML only took £522. Because I had not checked at the bank they decided it was my fault not theres for not takeing the extra £100.

I have agreed to pay them £650 intotal a month, because the interest rate has gone downthey are not only taking £622. Why when I told them they could take £650.

I have missed two payments in 7 months and have rung them and explianed why. I have told them that I am fianally on my feet and can make my monthly payments and extra £100 arreas payments and will pay extra as and when I can.

Why have they not offered me:

Interest only?

Mortgage arrears councelling?

Mortgage Holiday?

Spread the arrears over the mortage tearm?

Why am I paying £100 per month of the arrears and they are going up instead of down? I know they charge £50 a month but surly it should be coming down a little?

I have £60,000 equity in my house which was gifted to me by my dad and my mortage is £89,000. I am an easy target!

I am going to pay the money they are demanding, half of which is chrages and not arrears as I have no other choice to keep my home, but I am going to ask for a full statment of my account since I got into finacial trouble as I have paid them £1000's to stop this repossession and think they have taken £1000's off me in charges! Surly there has to be somthing I can do with consumer rights to stop others going through the distress and upset I have gone through!

:sad::sad::sad::sad:

Hi again.....

Thanks for the homework, will print off and have a good read!

To get everyone upto date, SPML have agreed to let me pay £750 per month! Thanks SPML!:mad:

My partner was unable to get the loan, so after speaking to my manager gave them a call, it took 40 minutes, most of which I was hold!

Firtsly they demanded the £5400

I said I had tried to get it and couldn't so could not pay it!

Then they said there was a short fall and that I had to pay £1600 or be action would go ahead.

Again I said I could not, the options were £750 per month or my partner go on the mortgage and we pay £800 per month.

They still wanted the £1600.

To which I said I have made a fair offer if you dont accept it I have no other choice than go to citenzens advice.

All of a sudden the £750 per month was acceptable and they would review it in July! Funny that!

I have had my statement and the following have shown up:

£389 Court Fees - I made a reasonable offer before it went to court and they did not accpet it, this charge could have been avoided according to the government booklet I now have.

£115 Litigation letter charge x 2 - the second letter was there mistake as they did not take the extra money when they set the direct debit up! They apologised on the phone for their mistake but have not taken the charge off.

I am paying £20 per month interest on the arrears as well as the mortgage interest.

Even though I paid £7500 last year of which £6240 was the actual mortgage and interest my mortage has gone up not down!

They have never sent me the government booklet that they are supposed.

They always give seven days when demanding money instead of the 15 the government have said is legal too!

They are making it impossible for me to pay back even though I am trying my very hardest, I even had no job at all for 2 of the months last year! I have had enough of this and am determind to bring this lender into the lime light so that not only I can pay my mortage off fairly but others in my situation also have a fair chance!

:sad::sad::sad:

Hi again.....

Thanks for the homework, will print off and have a good read!

To get everyone upto date, SPML have agreed to let me pay £750 per month! Thanks SPML!:mad:

My partner was unable to get the loan, so after speaking to my manager gave them a call, it took 40 minutes, most of which I was hold!

Firtsly they demanded the £5400

I said I had tried to get it and couldn't so could not pay it!

Then they said there was a short fall and that I had to pay £1600 or be action would go ahead.

Again I said I could not, the options were £750 per month or my partner go on the mortgage and we pay £800 per month.

They still wanted the £1600.

To which I said I have made a fair offer if you dont accept it I have no other choice than go to citenzens advice.

All of a sudden the £750 per month was acceptable and they would review it in July! Funny that!

I have had my statement and the following have shown up:

£389 Court Fees - I made a reasonable offer before it went to court and they did not accpet it, this charge could have been avoided according to the government booklet I now have.

£115 Litigation letter charge x 2 - the second letter was there mistake as they did not take the extra money when they set the direct debit up! They apologised on the phone for their mistake but have not taken the charge off.

I am paying £20 per month interest on the arrears as well as the mortgage interest.

Even though I paid £7500 last year of which £6240 was the actual mortgage and interest my mortage has gone up not down!

They have never sent me the government booklet that they are supposed.

They always give seven days when demanding money instead of the 15 the government have said is legal too!

They are making it impossible for me to pay back even though I am trying my very hardest, I even had no job at all for 2 of the months last year! I have had enough of this and am determind to bring this lender into the lime light so that not only I can pay my mortage off fairly but others in my situation also have a fair chance!

:sad::sad::sad:

Hi Lindsey0796

Thanks for the email.............I am not sure were I stand because they actually took my propert.....althought its now clear who owns the mortgage found it difficult to get that out of Capstone....plus Spml is till registere as the mortgagee.

I am really looking at the possibility of declaring bankrupt

Hi Lindsey0796

Thanks for the email.............I am not sure were I stand because they actually took my propert.....althought its now clear who owns the mortgage found it difficult to get that out of Capstone....plus Spml is till registere as the mortgagee.

I am really looking at the possibility of declaring bankrupt

• 1 month later...

OMG.........my jaw has just quite literally hit the floor!

This web site is the biggest load of nonsence I have ever read and I'm sure most peeps on here will agree with me.

Is there anyway to help all of us, surly the government should be stopping companys taking the complete p**s out of peeps that are clearly trying to pay there mortages and arrears???? Is there anyone who knows how we can stop this and be treated fairly???

SPML mortgages & loans. Southern Pacific Mortgages. Payout usually in 14 days

OMG.........my jaw has just quite literally hit the floor!

This web site is the biggest load of nonsence I have ever read and I'm sure most peeps on here will agree with me.

Is there anyway to help all of us, surly the government should be stopping companys taking the complete p**s out of peeps that are clearly trying to pay there mortages and arrears???? Is there anyone who knows how we can stop this and be treated fairly???

SPML mortgages & loans. Southern Pacific Mortgages. Payout usually in 14 days

Please see my recent letters to SPML or Capstone or who ever they are that I am paying obsene amounts of money too and never appear to be paying anything off!

Letter dated 25/03/09

With regard to the litigation letter dated 12th March 2008 from ****** Solicitors I would like to confirm that on 16th March 2008 I spoke to **** at Capstone Mortgage Services/SPML and came to the agreement of paying £750 per month, consisting of monthly mortgage payment of £441.58 and arrears payment of £308.42, starting April 2009. I confirmed that £750 in total was the most I could pay, so the arrears payment may go up or down slightly with the variable interest rate. This is now to be reviewed after my payment in July. **** confirmed that the action you had instructed Solicitors to take would now be postponed until after the review. I would also like to confirm that the water rates are £30 per month so I can afford the £750. **** confirmed that the additional payment was to be received by the end of each month and was not due on the 1st.

Thank you for sending me my statement for the period of 16/09/07 to 15/03/09. I have noticed an error and would like it amended immediately. You asked me to set up a direct debit in September 2008, which I did and you confirmed it would start on the 01st November 2008. It had been agreed with you previously that I would pay £100 per month extra towards my arrears. The direct debit on the 01st November 2008 and the 1st December 2008 set up by yourselves only took the mortgage payment. Late December I received a Litigation Management Letter from you threatening to evict me. I contacted you immediately; because I receive my bank statement 4 times a year. I was unaware of your error. I explained to the advisor and he apologized and amended the direct debit for the 1st January 2009 to take the extra £100. I have been charged because of the error £115.00 Litigation Management Fee on 31st December 2008 after I spoke to the advisor who had admitted it was your mistake. Please refund £115.00 to my account and send me an amended statement free of charge to confirm the error is now resolved.

I am very concerned about my mortgage with SPML/Capstone Mortgage Services and have read some awful things about the company on various forums. The reasons I am concerned and I have to say a little scared are listed below:

As at 16/09/2007 I was £3913.37 in arrears.

As at 15/03/2009 I am £5464.07 in arrears, increasing by £1550.70 in 18 months.

In the period 16/09/2007 to 15/03/2009 I have paid you £9235.77.

In the period 16/09/2007 to 15/03/2009 the total of my actual mortgage payments based on £522.00 is £9396.00 leaving a short fall of £160.23 which will be brought up to date when I pay £308.42 in April 2009 off the arrears. Making 20 mortgage payments in 20 months.

Over that last 20 months I have lost my business, been out of work of a month and a half and worked a minimum wage job for 4 months just to cover the mortgage payments and I have communicated that to you. I have clearly demonstrated my good intentions with my mortgage repayments.

I have suffered huge amounts of stress because of the demanding letters, I have been forced into taking a lap dancing job, loosing all self respect to try and avoid the demanding letters (thank fully I have a full time stable job now and don’t have to do that anymore, working 20 hours a day is to much to ask) and have sold my cloths on Ebay and my Mercedes Vito Work Van for well under market value (£1200 01/07/2008, van actual worth £2500 but you wanted the money within 7 days) to keep up with your eviction demands.

Due to my misfortunate circumstances and even though I have kept up the payments, although sometimes after they are due I have tried my very hardest and feel I have done everything the government guidelines instruct you to do.

I would like you as my lender to help me instead of creating what can only be described as a contrived eviction situation to help me pay you back. Please can you confirm in writing if I can extend my mortgage term to 30 years and include the arrears, as I am only 30 so feel that is a reasonable request or put the arrears on the remaining term. The charges of £70 per month are what appear to be causing the difficulty in sorting this situation out & now you have increased that to £135.00 per month (interest and litigation management fee) January 2009 & February 2009. Now the solicitors action has been stopped will this drop back down to the £70 for March or will it be £80 as you seem to have put the charge up for 2009 as of December 2008 and taken until March 2009 to confirm this to me? Please can you also justify to me if you cannot change my term or include the arrears in the existing term, why you cannot in writing.

I also feel that £394.75 legal charges dated 03/12/2007 could have been avoided and were unfair as I did call you and make you aware of my situation and made the following payments showing my good intention:

23/10/07 - £515.00

26/10/07 - £518.00

02/11/07 - £209.00

23/11/07 - £356.00

26/11/07 - £60.00

07/12/07 - £620.00

14/01/08 - £700.00

We did not go to court until after that payment, however you charged the legal fees a month before hand and did not seem to recognize the efforts made before it went to court.

From what my father and I have looked at today (your revised Dec 2008 charges) it seems evicting me means you will make more money as I have a lot of equity in my home and you will charge me interest of around £363.87 and Repossession Management Fee of £175 until you sell my home, a total of £538.87 per month (more than the actual mortgage) & possibly even the litigation management charges too? I sincerely hope this isn’t the case as I desperately want to resolve this situation and get on the straight and narrow now I am in a stable job again.

Please see my recent letters to SPML or Capstone or who ever they are that I am paying obsene amounts of money too and never appear to be paying anything off!

Letter dated 25/03/09

With regard to the litigation letter dated 12th March 2008 from ****** Solicitors I would like to confirm that on 16th March 2008 I spoke to **** at Capstone Mortgage Services/SPML and came to the agreement of paying £750 per month, consisting of monthly mortgage payment of £441.58 and arrears payment of £308.42, starting April 2009. I confirmed that £750 in total was the most I could pay, so the arrears payment may go up or down slightly with the variable interest rate. This is now to be reviewed after my payment in July. **** confirmed that the action you had instructed Solicitors to take would now be postponed until after the review. I would also like to confirm that the water rates are £30 per month so I can afford the £750. **** confirmed that the additional payment was to be received by the end of each month and was not due on the 1st.

Thank you for sending me my statement for the period of 16/09/07 to 15/03/09. I have noticed an error and would like it amended immediately. You asked me to set up a direct debit in September 2008, which I did and you confirmed it would start on the 01st November 2008. It had been agreed with you previously that I would pay £100 per month extra towards my arrears. The direct debit on the 01st November 2008 and the 1st December 2008 set up by yourselves only took the mortgage payment. Late December I received a Litigation Management Letter from you threatening to evict me. I contacted you immediately; because I receive my bank statement 4 times a year. I was unaware of your error. I explained to the advisor and he apologized and amended the direct debit for the 1st January 2009 to take the extra £100. I have been charged because of the error £115.00 Litigation Management Fee on 31st December 2008 after I spoke to the advisor who had admitted it was your mistake. Please refund £115.00 to my account and send me an amended statement free of charge to confirm the error is now resolved.

I am very concerned about my mortgage with SPML/Capstone Mortgage Services and have read some awful things about the company on various forums. The reasons I am concerned and I have to say a little scared are listed below:

As at 16/09/2007 I was £3913.37 in arrears.

As at 15/03/2009 I am £5464.07 in arrears, increasing by £1550.70 in 18 months.

In the period 16/09/2007 to 15/03/2009 I have paid you £9235.77.

In the period 16/09/2007 to 15/03/2009 the total of my actual mortgage payments based on £522.00 is £9396.00 leaving a short fall of £160.23 which will be brought up to date when I pay £308.42 in April 2009 off the arrears. Making 20 mortgage payments in 20 months.

Over that last 20 months I have lost my business, been out of work of a month and a half and worked a minimum wage job for 4 months just to cover the mortgage payments and I have communicated that to you. I have clearly demonstrated my good intentions with my mortgage repayments.

I have suffered huge amounts of stress because of the demanding letters, I have been forced into taking a lap dancing job, loosing all self respect to try and avoid the demanding letters (thank fully I have a full time stable job now and don’t have to do that anymore, working 20 hours a day is to much to ask) and have sold my cloths on Ebay and my Mercedes Vito Work Van for well under market value (£1200 01/07/2008, van actual worth £2500 but you wanted the money within 7 days) to keep up with your eviction demands.

Due to my misfortunate circumstances and even though I have kept up the payments, although sometimes after they are due I have tried my very hardest and feel I have done everything the government guidelines instruct you to do.

I would like you as my lender to help me instead of creating what can only be described as a contrived eviction situation to help me pay you back. Please can you confirm in writing if I can extend my mortgage term to 30 years and include the arrears, as I am only 30 so feel that is a reasonable request or put the arrears on the remaining term. The charges of £70 per month are what appear to be causing the difficulty in sorting this situation out & now you have increased that to £135.00 per month (interest and litigation management fee) January 2009 & February 2009. Now the solicitors action has been stopped will this drop back down to the £70 for March or will it be £80 as you seem to have put the charge up for 2009 as of December 2008 and taken until March 2009 to confirm this to me? Please can you also justify to me if you cannot change my term or include the arrears in the existing term, why you cannot in writing.

I also feel that £394.75 legal charges dated 03/12/2007 could have been avoided and were unfair as I did call you and make you aware of my situation and made the following payments showing my good intention:

23/10/07 - £515.00

26/10/07 - £518.00

02/11/07 - £209.00

23/11/07 - £356.00

26/11/07 - £60.00

07/12/07 - £620.00

14/01/08 - £700.00

We did not go to court until after that payment, however you charged the legal fees a month before hand and did not seem to recognize the efforts made before it went to court.

From what my father and I have looked at today (your revised Dec 2008 charges) it seems evicting me means you will make more money as I have a lot of equity in my home and you will charge me interest of around £363.87 and Repossession Management Fee of £175 until you sell my home, a total of £538.87 per month (more than the actual mortgage) & possibly even the litigation management charges too? I sincerely hope this isn’t the case as I desperately want to resolve this situation and get on the straight and narrow now I am in a stable job again.

On the 29th April I paid the extra £210 to make April's payment £751, over what was due as per the agreement!

On the 30th April they sent me another letter (recieved on the 05/05/09) demanding I may £1652.91 immediately or they would take possession of my property.

The arrears are £5494.33 as at 30.05.09

My mortgage is £83,000

My property value is £160,000

On the 29th April I paid the extra £210 to make April's payment £751, over what was due as per the agreement!

On the 30th April they sent me another letter (recieved on the 05/05/09) demanding I may £1652.91 immediately or they would take possession of my property.

The arrears are £5494.33 as at 30.05.09

My mortgage is £83,000

My property value is £160,000

This is my reply today sent sprecial delivery costing me £4.50

This letter has been sent recorded delivery

I am writing in response to your letter dated 30th April 2009 (received 05/05/09). I have attached a copy of letter sent to you dated 25th March 2009 as confirmation of my conversation with **** at Capstone on the 16th March 2009. On the 16th March 2009 **** accepted my offer to pay you £750 per month. **** also confirmed that the additional amount had to be paid in the month but not on a certain date. It was agreed to start April 2009. Please listen to the call as she also confirmed it was being recorded.

I am somewhat shocked to receive another threatening letter from you demanding I pay £1652.91 immediately to stop you taking possession of my property!

I have attached a copy of my bank statement so that you can see I have kept to the agreement made on the 16th March.

On the 1st April 2009 you took £541.58 by DD and on the 30th April 2009 as soon as I was paid, I paid £210.00 by bank transfer. So in April I paid you £751.58 which is more than we had agreed on the 16th March 2009.

On the 1st May 2009 you took £540.73 by DD and when I get paid on the 29th of May 2009 I will pay another £210.00. Total £750.73.

On the 1st June 2009 you will take £540.73 by DD and when I get paid on the 29th June 2009 I will pay another £210.00. Total £750.73.

On the 1st July 2009 you will take £540.73 by DD and when I get paid on the 29th July 2009 I will pay another £210.00. Total £750.73.

This agreement is supposed to be reviewed at the end of July 2009 according to **** at Capstone.

The amount of stress this is starting to cause me is a little more than necessary including sleepless nights which impede my ability to work well in my sales job, which really isn’t very fair! I am doing everything you ask within reason and the only reason the money is not being paid off is because of the obscene charges going onto my account every month. What am I actually getting for £115.00 per month, what is the actual service you are providing that I am paying for? Seems like a license to print money!

I am doing everything instructed by the government to keep my home and you are not helping me in anyway as you are supposed to as a responcible mortgage lender. I feel that you are making it impossible for me to repay the arrears and as said in my previous letter almost causing a contrived eviction. I am at my whit’s end and am seeing citizen’s advice on Friday 8th May to see if there is anything I can do to get Capstone to behave in a more reasonable way!

Again I would like to know in writing why you have not offered to let me extend my mortgage and include the arrears or attach the arrears to my mortgage time remaining; I have clearly demonstrated I can afford to pay more than £440.73, which is the current mortgage payment.

I expect a response in writing in 7 days.

This is my reply today sent sprecial delivery costing me £4.50

I am writing in response to your letter dated 30th April 2009 (received 05/05/09). I have attached a copy of letter sent to you dated 25th March 2009 as confirmation of my conversation with **** at Capstone on the 16th March 2009. On the 16th March 2009 **** accepted my offer to pay you £750 per month. **** also confirmed that the additional amount had to be paid in the month but not on a certain date. It was agreed to start April 2009. Please listen to the call as she also confirmed it was being recorded.

I am somewhat shocked to receive another threatening letter from you demanding I pay £1652.91 immediately to stop you taking possession of my property!

I have attached a copy of my bank statement so that you can see I have kept to the agreement made on the 16th March.

On the 1st April 2009 you took £541.58 by DD and on the 30th April 2009 as soon as I was paid, I paid £210.00 by bank transfer. So in April I paid you £751.58 which is more than we had agreed on the 16th March 2009.

On the 1st May 2009 you took £540.73 by DD and when I get paid on the 29th of May 2009 I will pay another £210.00. Total £750.73.

On the 1st June 2009 you will take £540.73 by DD and when I get paid on the 29th June 2009 I will pay another £210.00. Total £750.73.

On the 1st July 2009 you will take £540.73 by DD and when I get paid on the 29th July 2009 I will pay another £210.00. Total £750.73.

This agreement is supposed to be reviewed at the end of July 2009 according to **** at Capstone.

The amount of stress this is starting to cause me is a little more than necessary including sleepless nights which impede my ability to work well in my sales job, which really isn’t very fair! I am doing everything you ask within reason and the only reason the money is not being paid off is because of the obscene charges going onto my account every month. What am I actually getting for £115.00 per month, what is the actual service you are providing that I am paying for? Seems like a license to print money!

I am doing everything instructed by the government to keep my home and you are not helping me in anyway as you are supposed to as a responcible mortgage lender. I feel that you are making it impossible for me to repay the arrears and as said in my previous letter almost causing a contrived eviction. I am at my whit’s end and am seeing citizen’s advice on Friday 8th May to see if there is anything I can do to get Capstone to behave in a more reasonable way!

Again I would like to know in writing why you have not offered to let me extend my mortgage and include the arrears or attach the arrears to my mortgage time remaining; I have clearly demonstrated I can afford to pay more than £440.73, which is the current mortgage payment.

I expect a response in writing in 7 days.

I am tierd of crying mysepf to sleep when I recieve these letters after I thought everything was okish......

I know I am not the only one who is doing more than any normal mortgage lender would expect from you and getting now where but total and utter devastation everytime they open one these letters!

Please can someone help me to do something to raise this issue with some sort of govening body that can make this lender behave and treat us like human being's.

My bf keeps saying its only a matter of time before someone goes nut and hurts someone or themselves because of companys like this and I have to say if I weren't strong I would be a wreck by now from what they have and are still putting me through!

I am tierd of crying mysepf to sleep when I recieve these letters after I thought everything was okish......

I know I am not the only one who is doing more than any normal mortgage lender would expect from you and getting now where but total and utter devastation everytime they open one these letters!

Please can someone help me to do something to raise this issue with some sort of govening body that can make this lender behave and treat us like human being's.

My bf keeps saying its only a matter of time before someone goes nut and hurts someone or themselves because of companys like this and I have to say if I weren't strong I would be a wreck by now from what they have and are still putting me through!

Lindsey

I put in a complaint to the FOS regarding Capstone claiming I had arrears from 2 years ago but they only just noticed! I put the complaint in in Jan and in March capstone threatened me with re-possession for £750 in alleged arrears!

The FOS then looked at the complaint and ruled in my favour partly and Capstone had to refund charges and pay compensation.

If I was you I would put in a complaint to the FOS and tell them it is urgent as you are being threatened with re-po. Capstone are diabolical with their arrears statements and FOS are well aware also the main thing with the FOS is they look at whether you are being treated fairly and you OBVIOUSLY are not.

Make sure you show all proof of payments and any letters you have sent and received from Capstone.

Good Luck

Lindsey

I put in a complaint to the FOS regarding Capstone claiming I had arrears from 2 years ago but they only just noticed! I put the complaint in in Jan and in March capstone threatened me with re-possession for £750 in alleged arrears!

The FOS then looked at the complaint and ruled in my favour partly and Capstone had to refund charges and pay compensation.

If I was you I would put in a complaint to the FOS and tell them it is urgent as you are being threatened with re-po. Capstone are diabolical with their arrears statements and FOS are well aware also the main thing with the FOS is they look at whether you are being treated fairly and you OBVIOUSLY are not.

Make sure you show all proof of payments and any letters you have sent and received from Capstone.

Good Luck

Thanks for the advice, I will look into it straight away! Well done on winning!

Tomorrow I am sending this letter and seeing the CAB.

Please could you provide me with full break down of the arrears and charges that total £5494.33? My calculations show that the arrears as at 30.04.2009 should be £5284.33 as I paid £210.00 on the 29.04.09 and it left my account on 30.04.09.

I would like the full account so that I can see exactly what are your charges, when they are dated and what are actual mortgage arrears and when they are dated. I would like this sent free of charge within 7 days and you are legally obliged to provide me with them after the letter you sent me on 30.04.09 demanding a large sum of money or be repossessed. You have to provide evidence so that I can make sure there are no errors. I do not want another statement. I want a clear breakdown of the £5494.33 you claims are the arrears on my mortgage.

I would also like to take the opportunity to point out now you have my bank statement that the agreement I came to with Rico on the 16th March 2009 at Capstone was kept. According to the agreement I had until the end of April to make the payment of the extra arrears money. The letter you sent me legally therefore should not have been sent until the 1st May 2009, if I had not kept to the agreement and not on the last day of said month.

I would like everything to be put in writing from now on from Capstone/SPML as I do not believe telephone calls are completely trustworthy or for that matter honorable. If I call you in future, all calls will be recorded for my own piece of mind and evidence if required in court. All of my correspondence will also be sent special delivery.

I once again would like to point out I am doing everything any normal, reputable mortgage lender would expect from me to keep my home. I am making more than reasonable offers to keep my home and instead of helping me and honoring agreements made to help me you are sending me menacing, demanding letters to scare me into paying you money I haven’t got! It has worked, I am scared and I am seeking advice to see what I can do for this manor of chasing behavior to be stopped!

Please could you also send me a copy of your internal complaints procedures as I wish to register a complaint about they way I am being treated.

I will keep everyone posted as to what happens!

My dad offered to go with me to High Wycomb and not leave until we had a sencible outcome. That may be the last resort!

Thanks for the advice, I will look into it straight away! Well done on winning!

Tomorrow I am sending this letter and seeing the CAB.

Please could you provide me with full break down of the arrears and charges that total £5494.33? My calculations show that the arrears as at 30.04.2009 should be £5284.33 as I paid £210.00 on the 29.04.09 and it left my account on 30.04.09.

I would like the full account so that I can see exactly what are your charges, when they are dated and what are actual mortgage arrears and when they are dated. I would like this sent free of charge within 7 days and you are legally obliged to provide me with them after the letter you sent me on 30.04.09 demanding a large sum of money or be repossessed. You have to provide evidence so that I can make sure there are no errors. I do not want another statement. I want a clear breakdown of the £5494.33 you claims are the arrears on my mortgage.

I would also like to take the opportunity to point out now you have my bank statement that the agreement I came to with Rico on the 16th March 2009 at Capstone was kept. According to the agreement I had until the end of April to make the payment of the extra arrears money. The letter you sent me legally therefore should not have been sent until the 1st May 2009, if I had not kept to the agreement and not on the last day of said month.

I would like everything to be put in writing from now on from Capstone/SPML as I do not believe telephone calls are completely trustworthy or for that matter honorable. If I call you in future, all calls will be recorded for my own piece of mind and evidence if required in court. All of my correspondence will also be sent special delivery.

I once again would like to point out I am doing everything any normal, reputable mortgage lender would expect from me to keep my home. I am making more than reasonable offers to keep my home and instead of helping me and honoring agreements made to help me you are sending me menacing, demanding letters to scare me into paying you money I haven’t got! It has worked, I am scared and I am seeking advice to see what I can do for this manor of chasing behavior to be stopped!

Please could you also send me a copy of your internal complaints procedures as I wish to register a complaint about they way I am being treated.

I will keep everyone posted as to what happens!

My dad offered to go with me to High Wycomb and not leave until we had a sencible outcome. That may be the last resort!

Hey Everyone,

I have been to CAB this morning and have booked in to see them next Wed morning to get the ball rolling.

Will keep you all posted.

They rang me late yesterday afternoon but I was unable to take the call as at work, as I have told them several times, I can only take calls before 10am or after 6pm, but they only call in the times I have asked them not too!

Hey Everyone,

I have been to CAB this morning and have booked in to see them next Wed morning to get the ball rolling.

Will keep you all posted.

They rang me late yesterday afternoon but I was unable to take the call as at work, as I have told them several times, I can only take calls before 10am or after 6pm, but they only call in the times I have asked them not too!

• 1 month later...

Please could you send me a statement of my mortgage since the 1st payment in December 2005 up to the May 2009? I appear to be some statements missing.

I understand there is a standard charge for the statement and I would like you to tell me exactly how much it is in writing so that I can pay the extra amount separately so I do not incur any interest for it. I will make a bank transfer for the exact amount in the month the statement is received in to enable you to easily allocate it.

I would be grateful if you could send this statement with in 7 days.