UKPC. Help needed please.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

############## HELP WANTED#################

My father has just received a UKPC 'enforcement certificate'.

UKPC have so incensed me that I intend to print up information flyers, spend time waiting at TESCO carpark (when sunny) and give them out to people I see being given parking tickets by them.

I have skimmed a lot of this thread.

Can some kind soul point me in the direction of some succinct, accurate advice to put on these flyers to help people. Sort of like a condensed version of this thread.

Thanks for any help

Stuart

when sunny
So you're not dedicated then :)

Your first thing is to ger the word 'fine' out of your head, they are not fines and they cannot issue fines, they are penalty charges.

I have often thought about doing that even though I have never been caught by one of these rogues.

It is the law on contract that you are looking for and the fact that they can only claim damages for losses (if any) and are not entitled to profit by a penalty charge.

If you really want to make a difference and to let innocent people know their rights, then I would suggest you spend a few days or nights reading the various threads which will give you all the knowledge you need to make your leaflets.

By all means post up your leaflet before you print and distribute them to get views and suggestions on it.

Edited by Conniff

So you're not dedicated then :)

Your first thing is to ger the word 'fine' out of your head, they are not fines and they cannot issue fines, they are penalty charges.

They are neither "fines" nor "penalty charges" as a private company cannot issue either. They are "invoices" for parking, or as the PPCs like to call them; Parking Charge Notices which by pure co-incidence can be abbreviated to "PCN" which to the untrained eye could be confused with a council issued Penalty Charge Notice (or PCN for short).

As the above posts have noted its the usual PPC [problem]. I take it that it was free parking if in Tescos? If so then what monies has the PPC lost in order to invoice you...none being the answer! As noted above the invoices are designed like official council or even police tickets to try and give them authenticity. Tell your dad to ignore UKPC. They will pass the matter on to a DCA who will send your dad up to 3-4 threatograms aiming to intimidate into paying. Stand firm and they will go away.

As a side note (and please do not let this worry you in anyway-its just info) it is very rare that PPCs take anyone to court. When they do they get roundly beaten but occasionally do so to try and make examples of people- relying on the defendents lack of knowledge and/or poor defence. If the worst does come to the worst you'll have all the help you need on here. Have a look at the threads and you'll see what i mean.

Best wishes

DDW

They are neither "fines" nor "penalty charges" as a private company cannot issue either. They are "invoices" for parking,.

Cheers crem - that was the word that was in my mind but it didn't come out my fingers. :oops: