You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Well, you've highlighted the problem yourself, whatever you decide will carry some risk.   However, I would think the risk of a default judgement & CCJ is to be avoided at all costs and the least worse thing would be to write them a two-line letter with their reference number and your new address.   As usual, any details you can give us on the forum sticky would be useful for the future      
    • That the value I paid for.. 250..  The cctv footage it's archived. 2 of them.. 
    • No copy of signature.. Just a name "jolly"... On tracking no proof of signature 
    • Thanks for the message that is what I thought. In the mean time they have sent another message, below, I can’t follow up with Amazon until 48 hours. But I will go armed.    “Your return period is 30 days with ourselves and then you are covered under the manufacturer’s warranty.”    
    • OK, I found the letter I was looking for:     Dear Sir/Madam,   Reference: [order number]   On [date], I placed an order for a [item] and it was delivered by you on [date].   I have discovered that the [item] has the following problem: [give details].   The Consumer Rights Act 2015 makes it an implied term of the contract that goods be as described, of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose.    Any returns policy that says I have to cover the cost of returning items must only relate to the situation where I change my mind about the item ordered and not where there is a problem with the item.    I should not lose out financially as a result of your breach of contract and accordingly all costs of returning the item should be met by you.    I also require you to confirm you will arrange for [the item] to be collected.   I look forward to hearing from you.   Yours faithfully, [Your name]
  • Our picks

• Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 8 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 12 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
ABCDEF1234

UKPC. Help needed please.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4005 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

############## HELP WANTED#################

My father has just received a UKPC 'enforcement certificate'.

UKPC have so incensed me that I intend to print up information flyers, spend time waiting at TESCO carpark (when sunny) and give them out to people I see being given parking tickets by them.

I have skimmed a lot of this thread.

Can some kind soul point me in the direction of some succinct, accurate advice to put on these flyers to help people. Sort of like a condensed version of this thread.

Thanks for any help

Stuart

when sunny
So you're not dedicated then :)

Your first thing is to ger the word 'fine' out of your head, they are not fines and they cannot issue fines, they are penalty charges.

I have often thought about doing that even though I have never been caught by one of these rogues.

It is the law on contract that you are looking for and the fact that they can only claim damages for losses (if any) and are not entitled to profit by a penalty charge.

If you really want to make a difference and to let innocent people know their rights, then I would suggest you spend a few days or nights reading the various threads which will give you all the knowledge you need to make your leaflets.

By all means post up your leaflet before you print and distribute them to get views and suggestions on it.

Edited by Conniff

All we need is someone to draft a PPC "Go To Hell Certificate" and post it, with no return address - with a 'we know where you are....' comment! :)

So you're not dedicated then :)

Your first thing is to ger the word 'fine' out of your head, they are not fines and they cannot issue fines, they are penalty charges.

They are neither "fines" nor "penalty charges" as a private company cannot issue either. They are "invoices" for parking, or as the PPCs like to call them; Parking Charge Notices which by pure co-incidence can be abbreviated to "PCN" which to the untrained eye could be confused with a council issued Penalty Charge Notice (or PCN for short).

I have moved these posts to your own thread ABCDEF1234.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to the Consumer Forums

Free advice and support to to solve your consumer problems.

You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.

Which guide to the Sale Of Goods Act

New advice guide explains credit card rights

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF COWBOY BUILDERS?

Has your RBS account been transferred to Santander?

Forum rules. Please read these before posting

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE CAG LIBRARY!! IT HAS LOADS OF USEFUL STUFF IN THERE. CLICK HERE

As the above posts have noted its the usual PPC [problem]. I take it that it was free parking if in Tescos? If so then what monies has the PPC lost in order to invoice you...none being the answer! As noted above the invoices are designed like official council or even police tickets to try and give them authenticity. Tell your dad to ignore UKPC. They will pass the matter on to a DCA who will send your dad up to 3-4 threatograms aiming to intimidate into paying. Stand firm and they will go away.

As a side note (and please do not let this worry you in anyway-its just info) it is very rare that PPCs take anyone to court. When they do they get roundly beaten but occasionally do so to try and make examples of people- relying on the defendents lack of knowledge and/or poor defence. If the worst does come to the worst you'll have all the help you need on here. Have a look at the threads and you'll see what i mean.

Best wishes

DDW

If you believe that this post has helped in any way please click on the star to the left

DDWales Vs Barclaycard-*Won* http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/174860-ddwales-barclaycard.html

DDWales Vs Natwest-*Won*

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/210090-ddwales-natwest.html

-Reclaim the Right-

They are neither "fines" nor "penalty charges" as a private company cannot issue either. They are "invoices" for parking,.

Cheers crem - that was the word that was in my mind but it didn't come out my fingers. :oops:

Complain to Tescos. You might get some vouchers.