Fashion World charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5347 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope this is in the right place. I have an account with Fashion World which I have kept up to date, but for the last few months I've not been able to make payments as I've had other, priority, debts to pay. I've now been contacted by Reliable Collections and by Fashion World themselves, who are phoning constantly. I can't phone them back as I'm deaf and use typetalk.

Anyway, have sorted the finances now and I have made a payment today which I thought cleared the balance, although the online statement is very unclear with regards to the actual balance. Looking at my statement, it now appears that in addition to interest (which I don't dispute, obviously) administration charges of £12 each have been added to my account - twice on the 20th July and twice on 20th June. Does anyone know why they might have added two lots of charges and, most importnatly, how I might claim them back?? I have no problem paying for clothes I have received and for post and packing, and I don't have an issue even if the charges were applied once, but twice? Unfair.

Any advice would be appreciated.

you just relciam them as the same process as bank charges.

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

This company and others associated with it add £12 fee for letters and or extra statements.

I did write and ask if these could be removed because I was unable to correspond at the time as I was in hospital and they did actually refund the charges.

What you should have done was to contact them (in writing) and said you willl clear the account, but only if they refunded the charges first. - perhaps it is not too late, it is worth a try.

OK, thanks for your advice everyone. I have just logged back in to my online account and it suggests there is still a balance outstanding of just over £50 - but obviously £48 of this is charges!!! Will write to them as if I were claiming bank charges and see where I get!

Do not sound too aggresive with them, try the sympathetic approach first and just point out the reasons for not being able to communicate with them. Much better to have their sympathy than to go straight in all guns blazing with a threat of Court Action to regain your costs, that is always your second choice of actions.

BEWARE if Reliable Collections offer to 'arrange' a payment plan - they will charge you up to £99 for the privilege! I learnt this to my cost but, as htey haven't produce enforceable CCA's they can whistle for their money until they do! I would suggest putting in a CCA request or Subject Access Request ASAP to see exactly where you stand with this bunch of robbers.

Welshwizard QC (Quite Content):rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone recognise this number:

0114 201 1370

It's called me fairly regularly for the last few days but while I've been at work so unable to take the call. Left no message. I've googled it to no avail. Any ideas who it might be?

I think 0114 is the dialling code for Sheffield?...

Yes it is, but 201 1370 is not a usual Sheffield number. They don't usually start 20

I am a lawyer, but I am an academic lawyer. I do not practice as a barrister or solicitor. You should consult a practising Solicitor BEFORE taking any Court or other action

Hmmm... I had another missed call from them just before 9 but I was on the phone to someone else. I'm going to slip out of the office and answer when they call tomorrow - the suspense is killing me!! :D

Hmmm... I had another missed call from them just before 9 but I was on the phone to someone else. I'm going to slip out of the office and answer when they call tomorrow - the suspense is killing me!! :D

Have you tried ringing BT directory enquiries, saying your having difficulty getting this number to work, that your trying to ring the florists to cancel an order for your daughter in laws birthday, guaranteed to find out who it is then, if you play your cards right!;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Right, mystery solved! It's Fashion World trying to flog some purchase protection insurance. I sent him away with a flea in his ear for calling at all times of day and night and not leaving a message.

Right, mystery solved! It's Fashion World trying to flog some purchase protection insurance. I sent him away with a flea in his ear for calling at all times of day and night and not leaving a message.

"FASHION WORLD" Is he trying to say your stuck in the 80's or something?:p

Have you updated 'who calls me'?

Boo;) (the original 80's throwback)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!