You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

GirlAloud

CCA - what next

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3998 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone. I have made two CCA requests to Tesco Personal Finance (RBS) - 1 personal loan (taken out May 07) and 1 Credit Card (taken out mid to late 90s sometime). The 12 days are up and nothing - though both are still chasing debt. Do I send them another letter or just sit and wait? I am presuming I can hold the line and refuse to deal with them until CCA is forthcoming?

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Cheers for such a quick reply! Do I send now? I read something about 12+2 days and then something else about them breaking the law if the CCA is not forthcoming within 30 days?

Hi,

Your right abour the 12+2, the 30 day offence bit no longer applies.

Regards.

Scott.

Thankyou, I will write to them after the weekend. I take it they are still entitled to produce this at anytime? If I do get anything back, I will post it for comment.

I take it they are still entitled to produce this at anytime?

Spot on.........

A debt becomes unenforceable under the CCA if a creditor does not supply a true copy of the signed credit agreement within 12 working days of it being requested.

The debt remains unenforceable for as long as the creditor fails to produce the signed credit agreement – this means if they produce the agreement some months down the line, they are quite within their rights to enforce it. They do not need to take any further action to enforce the debt. A debtor cannot take any action against the creditor for failing to produce the signed credit agreement within the prescribed time, because that is up to the agencies that the offence has been reported to. Any sanctions that may be imposed are at the discretion of these agencies, and it is not a matter that the debtor can take to the civil court.

If after requesting a true copy of a signed credit agreement the creditor fails to produce it, it does not mean that the debt does not exist, the debtor may now however be in a good position to make a full and final offer to clear the debt.

Regards.

Scott.