• Tweets

• You're right, hightail. I had cause to speak to M&S customer services and I asked if the lady was at home out of interest. She was and I was pleased she was safe. She had no problem resolving my problem and wasn't in a rush to get rid of me.
    • you should be blocking and bouncing all emails now    no DCA can 'enforce' anything, they are NOT BAILIFFS.   and even less so if they don't even own the debt but are chasing for their 'client', another equally powerless DCA.
    • I cannot uploads it, that’s what I am saying, When scanning it into the computer at 300 dpi it’s still difficult to read you, the forum guide said to scan to below 300, so I scanned at 200, then I edited the file to remove personal info and converted to PDF, but I am unable to upload because the size is higher than 4.88mb, if I compress it it’s going to shrink the file and make  the resolution worse, by then you will not be able to read the small print at all. I believe the document is enforceable becouse I can read what it says and it matches the contract provided by cap1, I can upload that one which is better quality and will probably scan better. Presuming it is enforceable, what’s the best course of action to get a full and final settlement? 
    • As a consumer who was on the other end of this at the worst possible time I can give another perspective.  I was stressed as hell but I was more understanding than usual if the person on the other end at least tried to be helpful - and the vast majority did.  It often felt better to be dealing with another human who was prepared to try and find a solution than the usual 'that's what we do' scripted answer.  This remained true even if we didn't find a solution, I was very grateful for any effort.  Just as in-house conference calls now include kids and pets as the norm, I don't think consumers do mind processes being slowed if it means they are individualised -  humanised if you like.  To bosses this may well seem less efficient, I do believe it can be more effective.
    • We acknowledge receipt of our recent letter requesting data as per Section 77-79 Consumer Credit Act 1974, and can confirm that we have requested the relevant documentation from our client and we will forward it to you when it is received.   We must also stress that we are not seeking to enforce an agreement and have only asked that payment is made towards a debt that is outstanding by way of an affordable repayment plan. However, if you believe we are unable to ask that your account is repaid in this manner please provide us with specific details so the client can address any specific concerns you may have. This request is asked to also minimise potential costs and delays.   Moorcroft reply received by email yesterday.    Do i just ignore it?  
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
wetnose

Help please relating to American Express

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4033 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Guys, wondering if you can help - as you will tell I am new to this site.......... To cut a long story short I moved to Australia last year rented my house out in the UK and have spent the last 8 months evicting my tenant for non payment of rent. In the meantime, I have ramped up a bill on my AMEX Credit Card who I have spoke to them this evening who were less then helpful even after I offered to pay them (via direct debit) £30 per month less than the minimum payment per month plus interim payments as and when I am able to until the debt is cleared. Ok ok I know they are peeved that they are not getting the amount of money they want every month but they have started talking about an RPA and if I am legible for one as they will not accept a reduced monthly amount. I am not too sure what this means as I could not get a word in edgeways as they kept harping on about ongoing cooperation. Even though it is a UK card I am living in Australia and they want to know my Ozzy outgoings which is going to be difficult to prove as the bank account is in my hubbies name - if anybody could give me any advice I would be grateful - thanks in advance :roll:

they have no right to any of your financial details.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Dear DX

Many thanks for your speedy response........but you guessed it another question............. they want proof of my outgoings etc. etc. and I have to provide this in order to be considered for a RPA how do I comply with this request without giving any financial details? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanxs buckets:-?

Dear DX

Many thanks for your speedy response........but you guessed it another question............. they want proof of my outgoings etc. etc. and I have to provide this in order to be considered for a RPA how do I comply with this request without giving any financial details? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanxs buckets:confused: I am willing to pay all the money back but just need a little more time

sorry

what is rpa?

if it reduced payment agreement, then tell them to bug off!

their is NO legislation that gives them the right to such knowledge.

they don't need to agree to your RPA!

you TELL them what you can afford FULLSTOP.

if and a VERY big if it even went to court, the judge would laugh it out the door.

pers, why the hell are you even bothering, this is a civil debt, there is nothing they can do to you, and even less at a few 1000's of miles away!

dx

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Hi DX

Yep it is a Reduced Payment Plan - sorry to be appear so stupid but I have never owed money on my credit card before so I am guessing I can stick to my guns and pay £150 per month and if they are so inclined to take me to court I can only hope that the judge will laugh as you suggest - thanks again for your help it is very much appreciated - I panicked a little as somebody told me they could put a charge against my property in the UK ....... thats why I thought I would get onto a site where somebody could offer helpful advice - thanxs again