You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

mich7k

what would you do?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3990 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Guys needs ur help- my next door neighbours daughter was visiting last week when she was leaving she reversed her 08reg Audi into my little punto damaging my left wing headlight and bumper, she said she'd pay for the damage and to get a couple of quotes. Simple eh? i think not the next day her mum comes round saying she cant do it through the insurance as its her hubbys car hes away working and shes not insured on it; ok so i take it to 2 different places for a quote one comes out at £975, the other at £390 which i thought was quite reasonable, any way i give her the quotes she says she knows someone else so a guy comes up yesterday but hes not a bodywork man he just sprays says he will get back to me. He call me back later in the day to say his boss says no way too much hassle -fair enough.

My other half says to me this morning just book it into the £390 one as he is a reputable garage well known.

So i get a txt from her this morning telling me to take the car to another garage i txt back said no i dont think that we will get a better quote so im gonna book it into the other garage she then texts me back saying she's not paying £400 for my car and she suggests i take it to her guy!!!

So i called her mother who is also my mums best mate! who says i dont want to get involved.

Should i just claim it through my own insurance i dont know what to do please help:(:confused:

no dont pay through your insurance, tell them that unless they agree to the quote/work that you have provided you will report them to the police for driving while uninssured.

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

thanks for that but you see it will cause a big big argument between our families we are really friends but we grew up together plus she's trying to hide it from her boyfriend, i really dont know what to do cause i just want my car fixed she has already fixed hers!

nothing worse than letting friendship get in the way of business/money matters

They did wrong you need your car sorting, why should you let them dictate who does the repairs, either they pay or they claim from their insurance

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

its true im just waiting for her to come round so we can have a chat without an argument hopefully i hate being put in this position but its over a week now and i need my car sorting she thinks she can bully everyone into her way of thinking

Your choice but I know what I would do:)

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

well shes just been round and asked me to go to the other garage with her said ok but if hes rubbish and im not comfortable im not going with it thanks for your help guys will keep you posted.

If I were you I would inform your insurance company by way of record only at this stage it case it all goes pear shaped! get pro- forma invoice from garage then get her to pay you that and dont forget to add the vat. then you have the money and you can get it repaired where you want. If they wont play ball ask for insurance details and claim direct of their insurers and send them the pro forma invoice. This will take longer of course.

If all else fails you can claim of your insurance but they will seek the money back from your nieghbours!

Thanks for the advice guys just been to the garage the guy just asked me wha my other quotes were but i wouldnt tell him so he said he will call me later i asked him if he had a car for me to use? lol he asked if i was fully comp so i said yes why? he said i could use his car for 1-2 days!! madness! and them lot next door are going thats alright, i would do that !

no dont pay through your insurance, tell them that unless they agree to the quote/work that you have provided you will report them to the police for driving while uninssured.

Sorry, that's blackmail, pure & simple.

To the OP:

You should report the matter to the Police anyway.

You can either go via your insurance company or get the car repaired where you want to and then sue her for the bill and any other losses if she refuses to pay.

You should not accept a shoddy, cut-price job just to save her money.

You also need to tell your insurer that there has been an accident, even if you are not claiming.

Sorry, that's blackmail, pure & simple.

Actually its reporting a crime

To the OP:

You should report the matter to the Police anyway. so whats this then

You can either go via your insurance company or get the car repaired where you want to and then sue her for the bill and any other losses if she refuses to pay. and your premium goes up

You should not accept a shoddy, cut-price job just to save her money.

You also need to tell your insurer that there has been an accident, even if you are not claiming.

:mad:

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Yes, it is reporting a crime.

But saying that you won't report the crime as long as she pays is blackmail.

There is a contractual (and therefore legal) requirement on the OP to report the accident to his insurer. Very few companies will increase the premium for an accident where there is no claim. They would, however, be entitled to void the insurance when/if the matter later came to light. And it would definitely have to be declared at renewal.

but she said that they would pay for the repairs, then backtracked so report them - simple - and you do not have to report an accident if there is no claim

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

wow so you see my delimma then the other guy still hasnt gotten back to me reckons hes waiting for a price from fiat, but i think hes and the woman that hit my car are just trying to be smart so i think im gonna book it into to garage that i'm omfortable with

and you do not have to report an accident if there is no claim

Sorry, but this is simply untrue.

The insured is contractually obliged to report any accident to his/her insurer, regardless of claim.

but she said that they would pay for the repairs, then backtracked so report them
The crime should be reported regardless of whether she pays for repairs or not, changes her mind or not - that's what's simple.

Linking the reporting of a crime as to whether or not she pays up is blackmail - also simple.

quick update just had a big argument guys the quote im happy with is £390 hers is £350 told her im not happy and will take it to my garage she's now saying that she will not pay the £40 difference so she's not paying any!

... or take a £40 hit and do not send them a christmas card.

Is there any admission from her of the damage on paper??

driving whilst uninsured eh? I'm failry certain I wouldn't be pussyfooting around here. Tell her to pay up or you'll tell your insurance company, who will advise the Police will want to have a word with the driver.

If the repairers were doing it as an insurance job the repairs would be way more expensive!

If they've any sense they'll just pay up instead of hiding behind the friendship to avoid the expense.

Hi all well ive booked it in the garage although i dont know who's paying for it!

Spoke to my mum who is well p****d! Ive decided to inform my insurance company and give them the registration no of her car although its the first time i havent seen her up her all day! In answer to your question Conniff she didnt admit anything on paper she did knock my door to tell me she'd hit the car plus i took photos on the day that she hit it

In answer to your question Conniff she didnt admit anything on paper

That's a shame, it would have made life that bit easier if the worse comes to the worse.

You will have to pay for it to get the car back unless she agrees and accompanies you to the garage when you pick it up. Get a detailed bill from the garaage as you will need to claim it back one way or another.

thank you conniff

Does this 'mother' approve of her beloved daughter driving uninsured then?

She is worried about £40? What if her dopey bimbo brat had reversed into a child instead?

There is NO alternative here. Report this uninsured driver - neighbour/friend or not.