style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5383 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

have rossendales baillifs knocking at my door just a min ago ,didnt answer so they put a letter thru saying they would be back at there convienience to romove my goods and enter even if i wasnt here !! yes i owe old council tax from about 5 years and had been paying it but got into difficulty so stopped paying (big mistake) ,what can i do and can they really enter when im not here.im scared and have 2 young children at home can somebody please advise me urgently what to do .i am on benefits !!

who have you been paying this to until you stopped recently?

if the bailiff HAS never entered your house then they have no right of entry by any means.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

relax, they have no powers, they have not given you any legal papers or anything. if they come back do not open the door, tell them to leave if not call the police and report them for trespassing

I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed

yes get in touch with the council

tell them that you had to stop paying it because you are on income support and £10 a week was to much

don't worry if they say no

you can still send them a letter and get in touch with your M P

when you phone them ask how much the liability order was for and the date it was sent to the bailiffs

call the police and report them for trespassing

you cannot report a bailiff for trespassing

you can phone the police if he is trying to break into your property

without a walking possession agreement

having said that most police help the bailiff in these circumstances

ok feel bit calmer now just read a few threads and as long as i dont answer the door or leave a window open im ok yes!!!! shall phone the council and see if they will take the debt back or should i write. if the bailiff comes back should i say anything if so what !!! (i know what id like to say lol). thank you all for the advice and for replying so quickly ,this site is brilliant !!

From 1 April 1998, local authorities must send you a letter giving 14 days notice of a proposed bailiff visit to collect council tax. County court bailiffs must issue a warning notice allowing 7 days for you to pay.

Remember you do not have to let a bailiff into your house or flat. If you make sure that all doors and windows are locked, the bailiff will not be able to gain access to your home. If they cannot get in, they cannot lawfully seize goods.

regarding your kids -

If the only person present is or appears to be under 18, the agent must depart, but may ask when the debtor will be home. If the only persons at home are children under the age of 12, the agent must simply leave.

Edited by sorrylittlelot

I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed

Lucy - we have problems with Rossendales too :( but emailed my MP after R's demanded a ludicrous amount after seeing income & expenditure sheet.

Heard from MP's office yesterday that they agree with us & are taking up our case so thats good news for us :)

If the council won't take it back, email your MP & ask for their help.

phone the council in the first instance if you get no joy then write to them

explain to them that you are on income support and you couldn't afford the £10 a week and stopted paying it about 6 wks ago ask if they can take the payment out of your benefit

you must find out from the council haw much the liability order was for

so that we can check if the bailiffs charges are correct

also inform the council that the bailiff has not told you how much charges they have added to your account

i think i will phone council and hopefully get them to take debt back ,then if he shows again i can then tell him (where to go) the debt is back with the council . not scared anymore just angry after reading some horrendous threads ,im one of the lucky ones i hope !!!

no its telling you they are collecting a liability order for unpaid council tax

they can only get a walking possession order if the get into the house

or levy on a car if you have one

or garden furniture garden tools etc

but to levy on goods they must leave you a notice of seizure of goods

ok just found something interesting ,thought id make a payment to council online put in my reference number and then it brought up my account and says i owe £974.00 and that nil payments have been paid ,so what has rossendales been doing with my money at least 2oo pnds