More underhanded nonsense from Swift credit services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5382 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, like adammc, i recieved a visit from swift, yesterday morning (07:15 am). The reason for the visit was an unpaid speeding fine that i genuinely forgot to pay going back to may 09. Having spotted the clamp on the van i called the number provided on the green siezure inventory that was pushed throught the door and spoke to a very abrupt individual who told me in no uncertain terms that i must pay £425.00 by 10 am that morning or risk losing my van. After a short conversation where i (stupidly as it gets you nowhere) became quite irate and told him i needed some time to fight this. Anyway 20 mins later he arrived at my house where i went out to speak to him. He told me that because i had "threatened" him ( i had not and have a witness to corroborate this) he was phoning a tow truck to take my van. I explained to him that this was my only means to get to work which i needed to do, and that it was full of the tools of my trade. This dispicable character then laughed openly and said it wasnt his problem. At this point my wife who was visibly upset at his intimidating manner just paid the sum on her card. Money that we can ill afford (mortgage, 2 children). Would any crusaders out there be able to advise me if i have grounds to claim back some/most of the money this firm basically robbed from me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Jim.

swift are idiots and love thinking they can get away with this.

Are these charges legal - have you got a breakdown?

Is you vehicle used and issured for work purposes? if it is the levy is invalid and the charges for that need to be returned.

Was this a first visit as I believe they cannot levy on their first visit as well

Furthermore i had not recieved any previous correspondence from swift. The first i knew about it was when i spotted the clamp.

Their Contract with HMCS provides that they MUST write to your first and that they can charge you a fee of £50 for this.

Did the bailiff provide a Notice of Seizure of Goods & Inventory and if so...what charges did he apply to your account?

PS: Are you sure that this debt related to May 2009? as if so, i am surprised that it was passed to Marston by the court so quickly.

You need to also find out from the court how much the Distress Warrant was for that was issued to Swift.

Hi, thanks for taking the trouble......

the breakdown is as follows

amount for which this distress is made inclusive of letters........ £140

siezure costs....................................................................£210

vehicle immobilastion fee....................................................£75

As far as i am aware (ie i have not recieved anything through my door) this was a first visit. jim

yes andie, my vehicle is insured for work purposes and i do most definitely use it for work. One look at it would confirm this. Any ideas where i go from here mate? I am going to write to swift informing them that the van is a tool of my trade. will this get me anywhere?. jim