You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Landy

Tired of DCA threats

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3999 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I would like some advice from the forum on the best way to proceed, but first some background my now feelings of frustration.

In 2006 I took out a contract with Hutchinson 3G mobile UK Ltd a few months later found myself in financial difficulty and attempted to cancel the contract. I offered the ubiquitous £2 offer equal to other creditors at the time.

Then in Dec 2006 got a settlement offer of half the amount outstanding which I paid and thought that the end.

Aug 07 letter from Roxburghe Debt Collectors pay or else, wrote back thought end, same again Aug 07 saying I failed to respond in a satisfactory manor. Sent letter denying the debt. Oct 07 letter from their solicitors Graham White (I know, I know same office ploy) so I SAR Hutchinson to see whats what, sure enough on notes 3/01/07 quote ‘ ltr from d encl chq for £**.** - acct closed ‘. So wrote letter again GW and suggested if they are unhappy then we proceed to court as final settlement means just that.

And finally to date a letter from S.R.J. Debt etc suggesting a visit so I phoned for an appointment guess what met with how are you going to pay no we are not authorising a visit. Explained again so agreed to send copies thought end. They wrote again threatening litigation called this time to see if I could glean some info to decide best way forward.

SRJ deny they own the debt and acting on behalf of Hutchinson, they did pass on correspondence to Hutchinson, that instructed SRJ to collect outstanding balance. Told them flatly I will not pay and now consider the matter as harassment which he responded as he had a right to call on an outstanding debt at least once a day I said I debt I don’t owe therefore it would be a matter for the courts to decide which will be my next course of action/ Promised to call back later in the day …… not.

Any thoughts when they call/write again or should I take proactive action and against whom DCA or Hutchinson.

report all of them to the OFT, they cant visit unless you invite them, also send the phone harrassment letter to them all and state only in writing as you are collecting evidence for possible court proceedings against them all

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Dear Sir or Madam,

Account Ref xxxx

Please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing. I have noted your repeated attempts to contact me by telephone over the past few weeks/months and these have been duly logged by time and date.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make such an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard & Short Ltd [1959] 2 QB 384

. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and, if you do so, you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

Yours faithfully,

Remember to print your name never sign it

I am curious to know who owns the debt so that would be Hutchinson who so far have been pulling the strings of the DCA’s. I am curious to know if the have a duty to ensure that the debt is viable because the current DCA must have seen the evidence that I do not so hiding behind a blanket of I’m just doing what I am told so are denying responsibility?

who cares who owns it you have proof that the account was closed after you send them a full and final

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

It’s a year of harassment from whom ever is pulling strings, either Hutchinson owns it therefore despite being paid full and final wont accept the offer by their agent so now want the difference by putting it to different DCA’s or they are selling the debt to each other to see if they can collect.

I wanted resolution having paid the debt but now erring to the side of retribution for the injustice of the system and so call due process.

said it before report their sorry asses to the oft

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------