Mbna Harrassement Help

CONFUSED45
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have a MBNA business credit card, and have fallen behind by 3months, have managed to catch up so I am now 1 month behind, I am getting harrassed at work, and they are phoning the shop and requesting to speak to members of my staff, telling them why they are phoning, also I am getting text messages, messages on mobile voice mail, I did not give them this number. Got phone call at work this morning advising that I had today to pay up or they would be passing me over to DCA, I said cannot speak to you at work as it rather embrassing when I have a shop full of customers, and that this was a form of harrassement and anything they had to say should be written down and sent through the post and not to phone my work number. The reply from the young lady was "this is our job you owe us this money and we want it and as far as I am concerned this is not harrassement. You have until the end of the day to pay up!"

Would appreciate anybodies help, I am at the suicidal point, also, can I CCA request them.

condfused45

I have just given similar advice to another.

If they phone you in the shop the moment thet start to ask the "for securtity can you tell me" questions, say "I'm sorry i have no idea who you are and have no intention of divulging any personal details to someone calling me." If they persist, and I know MBNA do and often fail to ask the secutity questions then say "this is not a convenient time the shop is very busy, goodbye" and hang up.

Next thing is to ask them to conduct all communication in writing. Now from my experience they will continue to phone despite your insistence they write. When they do be assertive and decline to discuss the matter. Don’t get angry or abusive. In the main it is a machine that dials the number and if they cannot mark up that they have spoken to you then the machine just dials again and again! By answering the call and stating something like “I have told your company more that once that I want all communications to be in writing. I think this is best for both of us to know what is in dispute and for each to know what the other must do to resolve that dispute. I am therefore terminating this call and invite you to write to me and I’ll answer as quickly as possible.”

I hope this helps.

Hi Coactum

Thankyou for coming back to me.

it's a mobile phone number that keeps calling, just had another text message can I call this number we need to speak to you urgently.

regards

confused

hiya

have you sent off the telephone harrasssment letter?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...