• Tweets

• I have received a PCN from Euro Car Parks for MFG - Esso Cobham - Gravesend. I was completely unaware that there was any such limit for parking and always considered this to be a service station. I stopped there to use the toilet, have a coffee and made a couple of work calls. I have read the previous topics on this location which suggest I can ignore this and ECP will not take legal action. The one possible complication is that the vehicle is leased by my employer so I do not want to involve them with the associated reminders and threatening letters. The PCN was first issued to the leasing company Arval who have notified ECP of the hiring company. I have attached a copy of the PCN Notice to Hirer with details removed as per instructions. What options do I have or should I just pay the PCN promptly at the reduced rate of £60? img20240424_23142631.pdf
    • What you have uploaded is a letter with daft empty threats from third-party paper tigers.  Just ignore it. What we need to see is the original invoice you received last October or November.
    • Thanks for posting the CPR contents. i do wish you hadn't blanked out the dates and times since at times they can be relevant . Can you please repost including times and dates. They say that they sent a copy of  the original  PCN that they sent to the Hirer  along with your hire agreement documents. Did you receive them and if so can you please upload the original PCN without erasing dates and times. If they did include  all the paperwork they said, then that PCN is pretty near compliant except for their error with the discount time. In the Act it isn't actually specified but to offer a discount for 14 days from the OFFENCE is a joke. the offence occurred probably a couple of months prior to you receiving your Notice to Hirer.  Also the words in parentheses n the Act have been missed off. Section 14 [5][c] (c)warn the hirer that if, after the period of 21 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice to hirer is given, the amount of unpaid parking charges referred to in the notice to keeper under paragraph 8(2)(f) or 9(2)(f) (as the case may be) has not been paid in full, the creditor will (if any applicable requirements are met) have the right to recover from the hirer so much of that amount as remains unpaid; Though it states "if any applicable ...." as opposed to "if all applicable......" in Section 8 or 9. Maybe the Site could explain what the difference between the two terms mean if there is a difference. Also on your claim form they keeper referring to you as the driver or the keeper.  You are the Hirer and only the Hirer is responsible for the charge EVEN IF THEY WEREN'T THE DRIVER. So they cannot pursue the driver and nowhere in the Hirer section of the Act is the hirer ever named as the keeper so NPC are pursuing the wrong person.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Lowell Financial Letter Received What Do I Do Next Please Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HELLO FOLKS

hope you are all well, I have recevied this letter this morning from lowell financial here we go.

Thankyou for your letter concerning the above account.

We would advise you that the limitation act1980 section 5 is not applicable in your case and would refer you to section 29(7) of the limitation act 1980 which states a current period of limitation may be repeatedly extended under this section by further acknowledgement or payment Your last attempted payment date on this account was dated 31 march 2005 for a payment of 50.00

We trust this clearifies the situation and look forward to receiving your payment proposals

SUPPOSED DEBT WITH CAPITAL ONE

HEEEEEEEEEEEELP PLEASE

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Sir/Madam

I do not acknowledge ANY alleged debt to your company. I require you to

supply the following documentation before I will communicate further on

this matter.

1. You must supply me with a true and signed copy of the alleged

agreement you refer to. This is my right under your obligation to

supply a copy of the agreement under the legislation contained within

s.78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 (s.77 (1) for rolling sum credit) -

your obligation also extends to providing a statement of account.

2. If this alleged debt has been sold to you, please supply me with a

signed true copy of the deed of assignment of the above referenced

agreement that you allege exists.

3. You are notified that you are obliged to supply these documents,

whether you are the original creditor or not under S189 of the CCA

4. As you are aware, a credit agreement that is not properly documented

and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the CCA and

therefore is a complete defence to any court claim that is issued.

5. Furthermore you are reminded that under s78 sub section (6) whilst

the default continues you are not entitled to enforce the agreement in

law.

I also require any notice of assignment, past or present in relation to

the above account.

Yours faithfully

think this is what i have sent to them is this correct they have not sent anything to me regarding any credit agreement

THIS WAS SENT 2 MAY

can you tell us what is the history of the debt please?

what is it last payment etc etc.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Dear Sir/Madam

You have failed to respond to my legal request to supply me a true copy

of the original Consumer Credit Agreement for the above account.

On 2 may 2009 I made a formal request for a true signed agreement for

the alleged account under consumer credit Act 1974 s77/8. A copy of

which is enclosed for your perusal and ease of reference. I also have

an e mail receipt copy.

You have failed to comply with my request, and as such the account

entered default on 16 may 2009.

The document that you are obliged to send me is a true copy of the

executed agreement that contained all of the prescribed terms, all

other required terms and statutory notices and was signed by both your

company and myself as defined in section 61(1) of CCA 74 and subsequent

Statutory Instruments. If the executed agreement contained any

reference to any other document, you are also obliged to send me a copy

of that document.In addition a full statement of this account should

have been sent to me detailing all debits and credits to the account.

Furthermore

You are aware that the Consumer Credit Act allows 12 working days for a

request for a true copy of a credit agreement to be carried out before

your client enters into a default situation.

This limit has expired.

As you are no doubt aware section 77(6) states:

If the creditor fails to comply with Subsection (1)

(a) He is not entitled , while the default continues, to enforce the

agreement.

Therefore this account has become unenforceable at law.

As you have Failed to comply with a lawful request for a true, signed

copy of the said agreement and other relevant documents mentioned in

it, Failed to send a full statement of the account and Failed to

provide any of the documentation requested.

Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both

UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Furthermore I shall counterclaim that any such action constitutes

unlawful harassment.

Please note you may also consider this letter as a statutory notice

under section 10 of the Data Protection Act to cease processing any

data in relation to this account with immediate effect.

This means you must remove all information regarding this account from

your own internal records and from my records with any credit reference

agencies.

Should you refuse to comply, you must within 21 days provide me with a

detailed breakdown of your reasoning behind continuing to process my

data.

It is not sufficient to simply state that you have a ‘legal right’; You

must outline your reasoning in this matter and state upon which

legislation this reasoning depends.

Should you not respond within 14 days I expect that this means you

agree to remove all such data.

Furthermore you should be aware that a creditor is not permitted to

take ANY

Action against an account whilst it remains in dispute.

The lack of a credit agreement is a very clear dispute and as such the

following applies.

* You may not demand any payment on the account, nor am I obliged to

offer any payment to you.

* You may not add further interest or any charges to the account.

* You may not pass the account to a third party.

* You may not register any information in respect of the account with

any credit reference agency.

* You may not issue a default notice related to the account.

I reserve the right to report your actions to any such regulatory

authorities as I see fit.

You have 14 days from receiving this letter to contact me with your

intentions to resolve this matter which is now a formal complaint.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

THEN SENT THIS ONE ON 26 MAY AND THIS IS FIRST CORRES I HAVE RECEIVED WHAT DO I DO NEXT X

hiya there do have an old thread but cannot find it lol, it is a capital one debt from around 11 years ago, i did win bank charges on this account, and it was paid straight to the debt, I sent them all these letters over 12 months ago, and they didnt contact me for a while but now its all started up again.

jx

as far as i can see in my paper work have not sent stat barr letter, but cannot be sure to be honest get mixed up with what i have done and to which lol, mite have searching through now.

jx

if its attempted does this still class as throwing stat barr out??? i thought payment had to be sent and received.

what should i say baby, is there a letter templ i can send ???? just scared of wording it incorrectly lol

jx

Depending on who the account was with in 2005 ie the original creditor or lowlifes, might be worth sending a Subject Access Request to clear things up, and specifically ask for proof of that payment as BB suggests.

Regardless of that, I would send them a terse reminder that they are still in default of your CCA request and that until they comply they are prevented from requesting payment or enforcing the alleged debt in any way. Note that if they fail to observe this your next correspondence with be to the OFT.

Elsa x

Lowell have form for 'inventing' mystery payments on CAPONE cards. They tried it on with me even though I was thousands of miles away at the time and had the passport stamps to prove it.

You might want to send them this ( only to debt collectors/solicitors though) not to a "Principal" "creditor" though. There is another letter i have available that you could need to send to them

in Care of:

Your address

Your address

Near: Your post code

Name

Address

post code

Of the DCA

Today’s date

Notice of Request to Cease Harassment

Your Reference Number: 123456789

Dear ???????,

Please read the following notice thoroughly and carefully before responding. It is a notice. It informs you. It means what it says.

I refer to your letter dated (date)

I feel this matter is serious and wish to deal with it in writing.

As you are a third party intervener in this matter acting without authority, I DO NOT give you permission to interfere in my commercial affairs as you have no legal standing. I do not have a contract with you and any permission that you believe you may have from me is hereby withdrawn. If you believe that you have power of attorney to act on my behalf you are hereby fired, and any consent that you believe you may have, tacit or otherwise, is hereby withdrawn.

I am familiar with the terms of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997. And I believe, should you continue in contacting me after my request for you to cease your activity, that you will be guilty of harassment and blackmail, and you will be in breach of these acts, and you will be reported to the relevant bodies.

I am well aware of Section 40, sub-section (3) which you may consider entitles you to proceed. However upon full commercial liability and penalty of perjury you will need to supply the following Proofs of Claims:

1. Proof of Claim that your actions are reasonable.

2. Proof of Claim that any obligation on my part is due, or believed by you to be due to you, and not to some other party.

3a. Proof of Claim that any obligation on my part is to yourself by providing sight of the appropriate contract, or

3b. Proof of Claim that any obligation on my part to persons for whom you act by providing sight of the appropriate contract.

4. Proof of Claim that any obligation on my part protects you from any future loss.

5. Proof of Claim that any obligation on my part is enforcement of a legal process on a Human Being under Common Law jurisdiction, who cannot possibly have such liability under said jurisdiction.

6. A hand signed invoice in accordance with The Bills of Exchange Act 1882

You would of course need to provide these Proofs, including showing full accounting, if you choose to go to law.

Please provide sufficient evidence within ten (10) days from the above date,

Should you provide that I owe your organisation or your client any outstanding amount and that you can provide proof that they have assigned you agency, I should be happy to pay any verified claim in full.

Your said failure to provide verification of your claim constitutes your agreement to the following terms: that you are a third party interloper; you have no legal standing; no first-hand knowledge of this matter; your claim is fraudulent; any damages I suffer, you will be held culpable; that any negative remarks made to a credit reference agency will be removed and that you will no longer pursue this matter any further.

You will be deemed to have been served notice of my request and I will deem it served three(3) days from the date of this letter. This has been sent by recorded delivery. I am advising you that any communications from you including but not limited to letter, phone calls and text messages received after this date will be recorded/noted with the intention of them being used as evidence.

Sincerely and without ill will, vexation or frivolity

By: XXX-YYY :of the ZZZZ family

Authorised Representative All Natural Inalienable Rights Reserved.

-----------

notes on this Doc... the bits in red are important to you, send exactly as is, read below

Do Not sign this letter, there is no need to sign anything that is not a contract

At the bottom of the document if your name is John Smith

You print John:of the Smith family

if your name is John Martin Smith

Your print John-Martin: of the Smith Family

Use uppercase/lowercase exactly as on the document for the RED sections.

also look at the address section in RED

the "In Care of:" your address

"Near" your postcode

are important also

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]....Please don't bother my master 'cos my sister & I might bite you...

I DO NOT offer legal advice

-

"I just say what I say because everyone is entitled to my opinion!"

Ah, the lowlifes "attempted" payment [problem]!!!!

Firstly a debt which 'IS' Statute barred (SB) can never become 'un' SB, regardless of what happens.

section 29(7) of the limitation act 1980 which states a current period of limitation may be repeatedly extended under this section by further acknowledgement or payment Your last attempted payment date on this account was dated 31 march 2005 for a payment of 50.00

Further acknowledgement, is either a payment or a written acknowledgement.

As lowlifes deal with unenforceable and SB debts you can pretty much be assured that they are doing the proverbial into the wind.

As has already been mentioned, it is for them to prove that you owe this debt, and for them to clarify what they think is an, "attempted" payment, either way it won't wash, report them to the OFT [email protected] for chasing a SB debt.

Financial Ombudsman Service

Consumer Direct

How to Complain

Information Commissioner's Office - ICO

Check your bank statements etc, and check if you did make a payment to them, if they did not receive, or indeed cash any payment from yourself, then the debt is still SB, "attempting" a payment will not nor does it restart the Limitations clock...

Boo:wink:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

just been looking through paper work lowell sent me a letter in june telling me they couldnt get hold of any paperwork, so would be closing file for now.

Now a month later receiving letter asking when Im going to pay are they for real?????? dont know what to send now

jx

Absolutely nothing!

Send the OFT a formal complaint, as lowlifes are under the microscope with them at the minute, and the ICO, FOS, & TS, if lowlifes send you anymore toilet paper, make sure you keep it all as evidence, including the envelope it came in, and I might just entertain them to supply me with a copy of their complaints procedure, not that they adhere to it.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

hey, i sent a SB letter to Lowell a few weeks ago and got the exact same letter explaining i "attempted a payment" i was confused also how someone could attempt a payment haha, losers... i've ignored all the other letters they have sent me, they have sent one recently saying "someone will be visiting my home to discuss the account" yeah, it'll be a cold day in hell before they send anyone. if they did i'd take pleasure in sending them packing.

i'd ignore these idiots until such point they push it too far, in which case you have grounds to fight them more :D

i agree with everyone, keep the letters as a point of reference.

~What i forgot to also mention was that the "attempted payment" they mentioned was also 31st March 2005 on my letter - spooky huh? haha

Az

An "attempted" payment does not nor will it re-start the clock, they are whisltling into the wind...

You must report them ASAP to the OFT, the ICO, and the FOS, the sooner these clowns have their licence removed the better for all of us.

I know the OFT does not look into individual cases, but all complaints received are placed in a box until the licence renewal comes around again (feb) but if they receive more than 20 complaints int he same month, they investigate the company there and then...

Boo:wink: