You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

cinemaman

Disciplinary Meeting Tomorrow

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3998 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I need some advice. I am a cinema manager and had a school booking on the 14th july. I was off that day and asked the duty manager to get all the details from the school (number attending, lead teachers name etc, so I could invoice them the next day (wed) as they had agreed to pay by cheque. She forgot to leave the details for me and I only remembered the day the school closed. I sent a member of my team to the school with the invoice. 5 days later a manager from another site appeared in our office. I was the manager on duty and he did not tell me he was there. Basically he just wondered in and had been sitting in the office reading emails for 2 hours before I came across him (I was working downstairs). I asked him why he was there and he said he had a meeting with my General Manager. He was chatting away and being all friendly. 2 hours later I was downstairs when he called and asked me to come to the office. I arrived to find him and one of my junior managers. He said he was doing an investigation on me for non payment of the school booking. He had statements from two of my team about the school booking and in the end said he was suspending me for not chasing this up properly. I was not given anything in writing and told not to discuss it with anyone. I have since spoken to my boss (same level as this guy) who says that everyone is really ****ed of at the other manager and that he over-reacted and I should not have been suspended. He has told me I have nothing to worry about. I still have had nothing in writing but my boss called me yesterday and said my disciplinary meeting is tomorrow and that he has a copy of the letter but did not have time to post it. The letter says gross misconduct and gross negligence and that I may be dissmissed if its proven I did not chase up the invoice. I got angry and my boss said its actually only misconduct but that the other manager had to put gross misconduct as otherwise he could not justify my suspension. I am worried in case they are both trying to stitch me up. I am not sure but I think there are some rules broken:

* why was I not told in person or by letter that I was going to be investigated. He also did not inform me that he was in my office (normal procedure).

* I was suspended for failing to chase up the invoice - at no point did he tell me suspension was not part of the disciplinary procedure.

* I have not received any letters at all - nothing confirming the suspension and I have also not got copies of my investigation meeting or the meetings with the 2 members of my team.

As I said my boss has told me I have nothing to worry about but I dont trust him and think he might just be trying to get me to think its no big deal then they will fire me.

ADVICE.

firstly relating to the suspension, this suspension shoul dbe on full pay as suspension itself should not be a disciplinary sanction and should be essentialy without prejudice.

if they are inviting you to a disciplinary meeting then they should advise you of this in writing, and provide you with copies of all evidence that they intend tio rely upon to allow you to anser the allegations and defend yourself. You should be given opprotunity to call witnesses on your behalf, and you should also be given the right to be accompanied by a trusted colleague or if you have one a union official.

You should request a copy of the letter inviting you to the meeting, copies of the evidence they intend to use, and that the hearing be postponed until this has been provided to you

:D Actions in progress

Natw West on hold pending test case

LLoyds claim 3 on hold pending test case,

:lol:Claims Settled

LLOYDS TSB x 2 WON,

MBNA WON,

A&L WON,

GE Money x 2 WON , c

o-op visa WON, capital one visa WON,

Halifax (o/h) WON,

capquest, WON

As I said my boss has told me I have nothing to worry about but I dont trust him and think he might just be trying to get me to think its no big deal then they will fire me.

In most cases Gross Misconduct = Instant dismissal, so you are right to be worried.

You should follow the advice above.

There's more info in the pdf below:

http://www.acas.org.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=1041