You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

paulinekerr

law enforcement officer trying to collect debt that I dont owe

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3998 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi I recently moved from an address where we had lived for 14months, it was a rented accommodation and the gas was LPG which is really expensive, we were paying on direct debit and when we left the address I took a meter reading and within a day or two rang Flo Gas to give them the final reading, they told me the landlord had given them the reading and my forwarding address which he didnt know??? anyway I disputed the reading but they said they could only accept the landlord reading and the argument ensued, a few weeks later I visited the property to collect some mail and there was a letter from Flo Gas addressed to me for a bill of £3500!!! I rang them but was banging my head against a brick wall so I ignored it as they didnt have my forwarding address but an address that the landlord had given them dont know where he got it from!!. Yesterday I get a knock on the door from a LAW ENFOREMENT OFFICER with a letter saying he is taking goods, (he took my car reg I didnt sign anything told him it was a company car and checked with DVLA that its not in my name which it isnt, the officer was very nice and helpful but basically said I need to get a stay of execution set up a repayment plan and start making an offer of payment, I totally dispute this debt and didnt get a court summons cos it went to an address that I didnt live at so this is the first I have heard of this court order. Anyway the house we live in is rented fully furnished which we have proof of by way of a lease agreement, and I dont have any assets to my name, my name is not on the rental agreement it is just in my husbands name, I dont want to go paying for stays of execution or having judgements set aside as I cannot afford it what I want to know is what power do they REALLY have if they return and can they get a court order to enter my home, I have told my husband to tell them I have moved out if they call again but im affraid they mights do a stake out!!! any help would be great here thansks

the only way you are going to get this sorted is get it set aside

is this scotland

Hi no I live in England thanks, just think that if I pay a load of costs for a stay of execution and a judgment to be set aside in the county court too as I believe you have to do both? this is gonna rack up more costs and if I cannot prove I dont owe them the money I will have another load of costs added to the bill which is now at £4770 as of this letter, that means that I will have paid £8,000 for gas in a house that I lived in for only 14months!! surely the judge would see that that is impossible????

Im too scared of ending up in more debt so thinking of disappearing if you know what I mean

Hi I recently moved from an address where we had lived for 14months, it was a rented accommodation and the gas was LPG which is really expensive, we were paying on direct debit and when we left the address I took a meter reading and within a day or two rang Flo Gas to give them the final reading, they told me the landlord had given them the reading and my forwarding address which he didnt know??? anyway I disputed the reading but they said they could only accept the landlord reading and the argument ensued, a few weeks later I visited the property to collect some mail and there was a letter from Flo Gas addressed to me for a bill of £3500!!! I rang them but was banging my head against a brick wall so I ignored it as they didnt have my forwarding address but an address that the landlord had given them dont know where he got it from!!. Yesterday I get a knock on the door from a LAW ENFOREMENT OFFICER with a letter saying he is taking goods, (he took my car reg I didnt sign anything told him it was a company car and checked with DVLA that its not in my name which it isnt, the officer was very nice and helpful but basically said I need to get a stay of execution set up a repayment plan and start making an offer of payment, I totally dispute this debt and didnt get a court summons cos it went to an address that I didnt live at so this is the first I have heard of this court order. Anyway the house we live in is rented fully furnished which we have proof of by way of a lease agreement, and I dont have any assets to my name, my name is not on the rental agreement it is just in my husbands name, I dont want to go paying for stays of execution or having judgements set aside as I cannot afford it what I want to know is what power do they REALLY have if they return and can they get a court order to enter my home, I have told my husband to tell them I have moved out if they call again but im affraid they mights do a stake out!!! any help would be great here thansks

From what you have said it would appear that you have been visited by a bailiff from the COUNTY COURT and this is why he was helpful and advised you to apply to set aside the CCJ.

If you DO NOT dispute the debt but wish to pay by affordable repayments, then you will need to complete an N245 Variation Order.

By completing this form you are agreeing that you OWE the debt but that you cannot afford to pay the sum demanded straight away. The County Court Judgment will REMAIN on your record.

If you DISPUTE the debt, you will need to complete an N244 to SET ASIDE the CCJ and to SUSPEND the WARRANT OF EXUCUTION. This application will temporarily remove the CCJ and the court will re-list the hearing and you can file your defence with the County Court.

For BOTH forms there is a court fee to pay but depernding on your financial circumstances you may be EXEMPT from paying. You will need to read the EX160 Exemption Form for further details.

Hi no its gone further than that there has been a high court writ against me in the High court and a High Court enforcement officer has been to my house, this happened because the county court judgement went to an old address so therefore I didnt respond to it and the judgement was made in my absence, then because I didnt know about it the creditor decided to take it to the high court and they did a trace to find my whereabouts!!

I am adamant that I will not be paying this as I KNOW that I dont owe it, can anyone justify an £8,000 gas bill for a 4 bed house??? in just 14 months

Hi no its gone further than that there has been a high court writ against me in the High court and a High Court enforcement officer has been to my house, this happened because the county court judgement went to an old address so therefore I didnt respond to it and the judgement was made in my absence, then because I didnt know about it the creditor decided to take it to the high court and they did a trace to find my whereabouts!!

I am adamant that I will not be paying this as I KNOW that I dont owe it, can anyone justify an £8,000 gas bill for a 4 bed house??? in just 14 months

Which company of High Court Enforcment is this?

You will need to apply for a "STAY" in the High Court and in addtion you will need to file and N244 in the County Court.

SOME...but not all....HCEO's will put the case on hold while and N244 is completed and they will not insist on you filing a "stay". This can depend on the company.

Hi it just says high court of justice queens bench division and the address in in Conway, it is signed by the guy who delivered it and signature says on behalf of high court enforcement limited?? so not sure do those forms you have metioned carry a fee?? thanks

Hi Pauline, my daughter is going through a very simular thing but it hasnt got to the court stage yet as the debt company who has taken over my daughters debt from EON has seen that EON has made a huge mistake on the account, she is being charged £3000 for electricity for 4 months for a 2 bed cottage during the summer where mostly she used gas ie cooking and hot water and had electric for tv and lights and your normal everyday appliances. and get this she worked in the day and was away every weekend. she did a meter reading and it worked out at less than £200 but eon have taken that reading agreed to send her out a bill at her new address which has never been sent but now have passed on the debt adding over 2800 pounds. I have had the same with BG sent me a bill for £280 for 6 weeks of gas, I did a reading which turned out to be under £40. My point is that these companies always estimate at a far higher amount than is really nessasary and BG has in the past been fined for this. I hope you get this sorted. Good luck You will get help from here :)

Hi thankyou its good to know your not alone!! It is infuriating that we have to spend so much time mopping up problems that we have not created and the stress that goes with it is enough to see me off!!!

I am sure a judge will see that this size of gas bill is practically impossible in the 14 months we lived there