You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Emmzzi - you are correct! I'd never actually done the maths like that, I think in the past (I've been there for 5 years, company going for about 9), there was only ever 8 drivers, and even now most of them don't take all their holiday entitlement each year historically anyway because of this culture of "presenteeism" and the natural replaceability of old hairy-ass drivers like ourselves. Unfortunately people like me/us are a dime a dozen to management....   Complain too much, off you pop and there are a thousand more like you to replace you, so be grateful and keep schtum.   However, I'm now starting to feel a bit aggrieved about this deliberate "taking the p**s" stance from manager.    Now there's 12 rather than 8 drivers you are quite correct Emmzzi - genuinely I hadn't seen that. Thanks. More ammunition for me. Ta 
    • you have 25 days remaining. 12 drivers x 5 weeks = 60 weeks, which is more than exist in a year.   This rule will never work.    
    • Shouldnt be able to? Are they open? We usually advise not to contact them over the phone but.... You might have too?  
    • Appreciate the opinion Ericsbrother thanks.    It's one of those situations where I can be right yet still lose out. I'll certainly get him to put his refusal in writing though.    It's also difficult because his policy is "only one driver can be off at any one time for holiday". Fair enough, I understand why. However, if that means there aren't physically enough days left in the year for all 12ish drivers to take their entitlement before year end, then it becomes problematic.   My request for last week in August has been refused because there's already a driver booked off. So, I understand insomuch. Every other darn week has now got someone off on holiday now till mid Nov!!!    I may need to force the issue with this last week in Aug. It's just a shame that things always end up this way. It's not my first rodeo with small-minded petty middle-mingers types. Shouldn't have to be this way.    
    • I suddenly got a text message from CRS just a few minutes ago saying their solicitors had issued a letter of claim.   Yet a couple of weeks ago their page said they were no longer dealing with this account. Yet suddenly it's open again and they are sending a letter of claim?   Help?   This is what it said.   I assumed that CRS were no longer dealing with this . I didn't expect to suddenly get a notification that they are sending a letter of claim.   Can they actually do this still after saying they aren't dealing with the account any more?  
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4000 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I was sacked on the 19th August 2008 and waiting for a date for my tribunal(already postponed once as the company could not attend on the set date).I have just received my 3rd letter from the companys solicitors stating that my chances of winning are low and if I don't drop my claim then they will be asking for costs to be made against me.

These letters are causing considerable stress to me as I have only managed to find part-time work since losing my job and really don't have the money to pay if I do lose my claim.What sort of costs would be the norm if I did lose my claim and how would this be collected from myself???

How much might the costs be

The maximum amount of costs which can be awarded by a tribunal without an assessment of costs is £10,000. However, costs orders are not made very often. For example, in 2007/08, costs orders were made in 461 cases, which represents just under 0.25 per cent of the total number of cases. The average award for costs in 2007/08 was £2,095.

The Court of Appeal has decided that a costs warning from a tribunal should be made only where there is a real risk of substantial costs being ordered against the applicant at the end of the hearing (endnote 4). In this case, the tribunal issued a substantial costs warning which led to the applicant fearing that she would lose her home if she pursued the case. The Court of Appeal held that the applicant had an arguable point, and that it was unfair for the tribunal to issue the costs warning. This effectively deprived the applicant of a fair hearing.

I will come back to this one when I have more time, however based on the information provided it would appear that you have not had a costs warning from the tribunal and only from the defenders solicitors. This would suggest to me that they are merely using this as a scare tactic.

It may well be worth taking this to your local CAB who in most cases have an employment adviser and this advice is completely free of charge.

Form my experience, I have never heard of a Tribunal awarding costs against a lay person pursuing a claim

I hope this information is of assistance.

These letter are an Idle threat,disregard the contents and speak to acas they will confirm that these letters are not the paper they are written on.

Do Not be alarmed or intimidated by the contents of this letter,Just ignore it.

costs can not be claimed against the other side in a employment tribunal.

Thank you Crocdoc,

I have heard that costs are only awarded if the E/T consider a claim has no merit but also that the E/T favour the employer not the employee.

I think I have a strong claim;

1.Two employees have received verbal/written warnings for the same breach of procedure.(and are willing to be witnesses)

2.I only had 3 days in which to seek advice/contact witnesses.

3.The area manager who dismissed me produced a new roster to my colleagues the day after my dismissal stating they had to increase their hours due to my sacking but unfortunately for him it was dated the day before my dismissal.

Fortunately for me a colleague passed a copy on to me.