You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

cookie_muffin

Investigation - Fair & Consistent?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3999 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I work as a manager in retail. A few weeks ago I signed for petty cash (£10) to get some stationary for my department. I totally forgot about it, and realised and repaid the money as by the time I realised we had the stationary delivered. I thought that was the end of it, however on Monday I received a letter saying:

I have an investigatory meeting to "...investigate the alleged offence of your failure to produce a receipt for money given to you to purchase products on the company's behalf in accordance with company policy."

That's fair enough, but what is annoying me is another manager took money to get something and he also forgot. However, nothing is happening to him - he's simply repaid the cash.

Is this allowed? I thought that it should be fair and consistent - i.e. one rule for everyone?

A few weeks ago there was also a till shortage of £100 which I, along with two of my supervisors were investigated for. I worked a later shift after the money had gone missing, so I don't know why I was investigated - but I was. However, the above "other manager" was on the till when the cash disappeared, however, he was exempt from that investigation too!!!

My meeting is on Friday...I want to bring up the fact that it's not "fair and consistent", however I don't know whether I should or not. Should I wait until I know the outcome (i.e. if a warning is issued etc) then appeal it on the grounds of fairness & consistency.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks in advance!

I work as a manager in retail. A few weeks ago I signed for petty cash (£10) to get some stationary for my department. I totally forgot about it, and realised and repaid the money as by the time I realised we had the stationary delivered. I thought that was the end of it, however on Monday I received a letter saying:

I have an investigatory meeting to "...investigate the alleged offence of your failure to produce a receipt for money given to you to purchase products on the company's behalf in accordance with company policy."

That's fair enough, but what is annoying me is another manager took money to get something and he also forgot. However, nothing is happening to him - he's simply repaid the cash.

Is this allowed? I thought that it should be fair and consistent - i.e. one rule for everyone?

A few weeks ago there was also a till shortage of £100 which I, along with two of my supervisors were investigated for. I worked a later shift after the money had gone missing, so I don't know why I was investigated - but I was. However, the above "other manager" was on the till when the cash disappeared, however, he was exempt from that investigation too!!!

My meeting is on Friday...I want to bring up the fact that it's not "fair and consistent", however I don't know whether I should or not. Should I wait until I know the outcome (i.e. if a warning is issued etc) then appeal it on the grounds of fairness & consistency.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks in advance!

Anybody...please?! :)

You could keep it non-specific and say,

1. 'I'm concerned that this investigatory meeting may not be fair and consistant.'

And if they respond along the lines of, 'What do you mean?'

Then you say,

2. 'I know that, in the same circumstances, another member of staff has not been required to attend an investigatory meeting.'

Or, you could write 1 & 2 down instead, sign it and play it by ear during the meeting. Then, if you feel it's appropriate, hand the letter to the investigator at the end of the meeting.