Can a bailiff seize a car registered to a disabled driver?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5376 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there,

my mother is registered disabled, and has had her car seizes from an address other than the address listed upon the warrent.

1st of all the car is registered to a disabled person and has a disabled tax disc, and insured for a disabled user only.

can a bailiff seize this car in england (not scotland)? if not can you tell me where i can find a copy of the legislation to show this.

also what can be done about him seizing the car from another address, and using threating words to my grandparents about calling the police and making it seem like they can force the seizer of the car? (again can you tell me where i can find the legislation)

my mother has also just undergone a major OP to have her knee replaced, and thus now cannot get to her hospital appoitments because the car has been seized.:mad:

help please!

HI MYTHIEY

Good Morning and Welcome to the forums, I am sure that your request will be answered when the other caggers 'rise from slumber', I am sorry to here of your mothers predicament but you will get the answers that your looking for very soon, try not to worry to much, and take care of your mum.

Cheers

Mr W

Regards..Mr Worried :)

omg how heartless bailiffs are. im not 100 percent sure but i dont think they can do that.someone who has better knowledge on these things will advise you properly but im sure they cant do that. take care an good luck

has had her car seizes from an address other than the address listed upon the warrant

distress may be made anywhere in England and Wales

the car is registered to a disabled person and has a disabled tax disc, and insured for a disabled user only

is the car being leased through mobility

The answer is no they cannot take a car that either has a blue badge in it or registered as a disabled vehicle and also your grandparents are classed as vunerable so should of checked the car in the first place to see that it was a disabled vehicle.

Department for Constitutional Affairs - Enforcement - National Standards for Enforcement Agents

London Motorists Action Group - Drakes bailiff Pt4 complaint court report from Bailiff Advice Online

FightBack Forums > Pensioner dies after being taken to Cash Point by Bailiffs.

I hope that these links help

Can I also ask what the debt is for and how much the bailiff was asking for. had your grandparents been notified that this was going to happen.

Im guessing it was for a parking fine. I am 100% positive that they cannot do this unless the car was on hire purchase and the company wanted it back through non payments.

hi there,

my mother is registered disabled, and has had her car seizes from an address other than the address listed upon the warrent.

1st of all the car is registered to a disabled person and has a disabled tax disc, and insured for a disabled user only.

can a bailiff seize this car in england (not scotland)? if not can you tell me where i can find a copy of the legislation to show this.

also what can be done about him seizing the car from another address, and using threating words to my grandparents about calling the police and making it seem like they can force the seizer of the car? (again can you tell me where i can find the legislation)

my mother has also just undergone a major OP to have her knee replaced, and thus now cannot get to her hospital appoitments because the car has been seized.:mad:

help please!

I'm sorry but in order to provide an answer I will need a bit more info.

What was the name of the company?

What was this debt for?

Has you mother moved addressed?

If a parking ticket, which local authority?

Did you receive a Notice of Seizure of Goods & Inventory?

How much was the debt and how much are the bailiff demanding?

PS: NO...the bailiff cannot remove a vehicle displaying a valid disabled badge. In addition due to her disability, she is classed as "vulnerable" according to the National Standartds for Enforcement Agents ( that ALL bailiffs and their companies MUST adhere to) and therefore the bailiff SHOULD have returned this debt.