Quick question

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My friend has an overdraft of £1600 odd has been defaulted and is getting the usual idiot calls from the call centre monkeys.

His current account charges amount to £2300+

(thats before I've even worked out the interest for him)!

All my experience is with credit cards, so could someone tell me ifhe can expect the idiot calls to end when he finally gets his claim in and its in dispute?

Noomill,

A bit more lead to chuck at them...

breach of Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008, specifically Regulation 5 which states:-

5.—(1) A commercial practice is a misleading action if it satisfies the conditions in either

paragraph (2) or paragraph (3).

(3) A commercial practice satisfies the conditions of this paragraph if—

(a) it concerns any marketing of a product (including comparative advertising) which creates

confusion with any products, trade marks, trade names or other distinguishing marks of a

competitor; or

(b)it concerns any failure by a trader to comply with a commitment contained in a code of

conduct which the trader has undertaken to comply with, if—

(i) the trader indicates in a commercial practice that he is bound by that code of

conduct

and direct from their code of conduct the "banking code" .............

“13.6 We may give information to Credit Reference Agencies about the personal debts you owe us if: the amount owned is not being disputed

S.