OH's and her HSBC debts

sorrylittlelot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

To summerise my Girlfriend had a loan, credit card and current account with HSBC in 2004 before moving abroad in 2005 and returning in 2006.

I have started to reclaim the bank charges, and as for the loan I am awaiting statements.

The card is my issue at the minute, I have statements from solicitors for the card dated 2004-2005. There are varius thins on ir, Payment Protection which I am going to reclaim, monthly interest(can i claim this) and arrear charges which i will also claim.

According to the statements the balance at time of going to solicitors was just under £2100 yet as far as my girlfriend can remeber hen she began payingg DG Solicitors the balance was at least £2500.

Can i get statements from 2005-2009?

I am awaiting clarification from solicitors as she put all 3 debts together to pay off installments, she has been paying since 2006/7

hope that makes sense and somebody could advise me on this issue.

Cheers caggers

I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed

yeah i thought of a SAR however i have all statements from HSBC for the period of 04 to 05 (when it went to DG)

Would a SAR get me the details of what has happend since it has been with solicitors from 05?

They were probably the banks in-house solicitors. have you ever had a 'Notice of Assignment' saying the bank had passed it on? If not it's likely that they still hold the a/c. It would be worthwhile sending a sar to the bank anyway because it will also throw up the CCA & that might not be enforceable.

to be honest all i know is what i put in my first post as it happend before me and my gf got together, and that is all she can remember, i have sent a cca and am awaiting the 12+2 days to conclude.

can i reclaim the interest on the credit card?

You can claim any unfair charges that they've added & that would include the interest they've charged on the charges. Wait and see whether the CCA is enforceable first because what normally happens is that when you reclaim the charges they offset it against the debt thus reducing the amount. If the agreement is unenforceable there's not much point trying to reclaim because you won't see the money anyway.