You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3993 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

umm where do i start?

ahh I received a letter from swift regarding an unpaid council tax bill from the year 2004 (we are now 2009) I had previously contacted the vale of glamorgan council regarding this bill as it was a joint bill between my ex partner and myself I offered to pay 50% of bill upfront and the rest by installments as my now husband has recently lost his job due to recession job cuts. They told me this was unacceptable and it would go to court where i will subject to a warrant of arrest. Said letter from acting bailiff's swift has arrived.. dated 13/07/09 i received it 20/07/09. I emailed the company offering £10 per month with a complete breakdown of our current situation regarding finances and also other evidence. Was told by Deb Cleaver of Swift that this was unacceptable and they want payment in full or else i wil be arrested forthwith?? I then rang vale of glamorgan council on another number which i found via a link somewhere and got told that this was a very low amount and they would have to hold a meeting to discuss it. I did explain that I have never refused to pay the bill i did dispute the fact that i should be billed for the full amount as it was a joint claim. (I cannot approach my ex partner for his half due to circumstances involving violence from him towards me.) but I would be happy to pay this £10 per month until its paid. Both Swift & VOG council refused this payment can they do this?

By the way any advice would be great. Also I had not received any prior contact from VOG council regarding this issue in the last 5 years until now?? Is it legal can they do this after so long?:-x

Hi Pleasantlyconfused.

I am having dealings with swift at the mo and have dealt with the vale of glamorgan council myself in the past regarding council tax issues.

I can't give you any information on what to do as it might be wrong but don't worry someone will be along shortly with far greater knowledge than me and will help you out, do not worry about swift or their merthyr bully boys just do not let them over the door if they turn up you do not have to. do not answer the door if it knocks at 06.15am as they tried with me, they will lie to try and gain a peaceful entrance to your property and they are good at it.

have swift charged you their statuatory £50.00 for their letter?

Hi, I've had a lot of problems with Swift.

There's plenty of help here so hang tight and someone will be along to advise how to approach this one.

Threatening you with arrest is very wrong so they are on a bad foot already.

It's going to be an interesting year...

Yup had the £50 fee slammed on top ... big jump from £249 bill originally owned :confused: talk about a rip off.... It's frustrating as I have offered to pay this several times.. even thou no prior correspondance until 4 wks ago its all very frustrating. Are there limitations as to how long they can take to clai this money back? now i really am getting more and more confused.

Don't quote me but I think there is a statute of limitations that says after six years they can not chase you for the monies allegedly owed, so that's probably why they are making such a fuss about it right now before the time ticks away.

They are trying to extort £480.00 from me for a £45.00 parking fine and I am trying to get it sorted out with the invaluable help from the guys on this website especially tommytubby who is an absolute morally crusading star bless her, so don't worry somebody will help you with this soon.

ok heres the deal x Swift Credit REFUSED my offer of £10 per month demanded payment in full but its taken them 10 days to reply to my initial enquiry where i also questioned why they would charge me £2.50 per £10 i would pay them when i pointed out in total the ink the paper & postage would probably cost about 50p maybe a 50p charge frm the bank i was happy to pay £1 but not £2.50.. they told to speak to the council issuing the warrant asap... i rang VOG council and yippee my £10 was accepted as they admitted it is their fault no correspondence was issued to me or my ex partner for 5 yrs until now.. however please note people that bcos my husband wasn't responsible for the council tax bill at my previous address in VOG they are not allowed by law to attach an AO to his benefits so it is up to you to get it sorted. But i got my result and also got £50 letter charge withdrawn and back to the original sum of £249 with the understanding they also continue to chase my ex partner ( i cannot approach him due to his violent nature) for monies too... thanks to everybody who posted on here xxx i have read some really good information and it got me an advantage i beleive when i re-tackled the council over the way they had issued the warrant etc.... BTW i'm also gettin bank charges refunded thanx to you xxxxx

Good to hear you got a positive result.

It's going to be an interesting year...

My son has had a parking fine before he moved abroad and he uses my home as a c/o address. A Bailiff from Swift credit was banging my door at 6.30am demanding payment. I explained to the gorilla with no brains that he did not live here and I had to show him my passport photo to prove I was not him which was crazy as I am a woman with long blonde hair and breasts!!! He stated that he could take my car or my furniture - he quoted "I have to do my job cos the people in his office could get paid!! The worst part of this visit was the great big van with swift credit bailiffs all over it for my neighbours to see. I am aware that he cannot take anything belonging to me but can I complain about the van turning up at my house at 6.30 in the morning. the embarrasment of it all!!!