• Tweets

• I hope you mean I try to help people stand up to bullying - and not do the bullying!   I'll assume it's a compliment!     Well - that sort of demonstrates that you've not understood my point and (perhaps?) haven't actually read the OP?   My point is that it is not the boyfriend (the supposed "owner" of the car park) who is posting, but his girlfriend who believes that he "owns" his car parking space.  Yes - it usually makes sense to believe that what the OP is posting is the truth, but in this case there is every reason to believe that there is a possibility that the OP might be mistaken about her boyfriend's ownership of the parking space, because...  well, how would she know for sure whether he does or not?  He might be boasting or lying or simply mistaken.  (My understanding is that many people who "own" flats are often under the mistaken apprehension that they "own" a parking space when they don't.  All the more reason then that somebody else other than the "owner" might be even more mistaken).   I suppose what I'm getting at is that I was a bit surprised that both you and dx100uk were able to give such definite and certain answers to the OP without exploring her situation a bit more fully and ensuring that she fully and correctly understood her boyfriend's rights in respect of the parking space in question.  I was simply concerned that without getting more information from the OP, then the replies given to her might prove to be less than useful.  I wouldn't want her to leave thinking that there was absolutely nothing to worry about and then find out there was because she'd been misadvised because she didn't understand whether her BF "owned" the space or not.   Of course, it may be that my concern here makes absolutely no difference to the answer that needs to be given to the OP because it doesn't matter whether her boyfriend actually "owns" the parking space or not, which is fine.  But sometimes I think it would be helpful to the OP (and other readers like myself) if some of these legal niceties could be spelled out rather than left unexplained.    
    • I've spoken to my son in law and because the gearbox can be very expensive to repair, he would prefer to reject the car.   The garage isn't going to charge storage at the moment.   I feel they have been mislead regarding the service history.   How difficult would it be to get the finance company on our side in rejecting the car and sending back to the dealer?
    • The first thing to say is that you better go ahead and refund the buyer because otherwise she will end up getting negative feedback as well. We will try and help you get your money back from Hermes. Have you made a formal claim through Hermes and have they formally declined you and giving you reasons why? Presumably the item was properly declared and properly valued when the delivery was booked. You don't say whether or not you took out their so-called insurance. Please start off by reading around the sub- forum focusing particularly on the Hermes threats. There are lots of them. Get to understand the principles in respect of the arguments – the insurance element, your third party rights despite the fact that you booked it through Packlink. Have a look at other people's experiences of having sued Hermes, the process of issuing the claim, the defence, the mediation and have a close look at the advice that we give about how to handle mediation. It's highly likely that you will have to issue claim papers so also read around to understand the steps you need to take to bring a small claim in the County Court. It's straightforward but understanding the steps will make you far more confident about what you are doing. Have you started a formal complaint against Hermes and Packlink?
    • Christmas Wonderland has been allowed to reopen because it sells real Christmas trees. View the full article
  • Our picks

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2867 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Sorry, I have to disagree. Humbleman probably would as well. Going to court against the lenders counsel is, in my opinion very dangerous. There are a few cases coming soon that, if they go against the lender, will help things greatly.

That is correct on both counts but from what I have seen so far the average solicitor working for Ratio/Cartel etc could not find their arsehole with both hands.

There are millions of agreements with prescribed term and other serious breaches but all the significant claims companies so far have failed to make the write off of agreements work in anything other than very small numbers,no use at all to the average joe

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I have to disagree. Humbleman probably would as well. Going to court against the lenders counsel is, in my opinion very dangerous. There are a few cases coming soon that, if they go against the lender, will help things greatly.

Sorry, I might not have been clear in my previous post - I didn't mean to take the lenders to court to get agreement deemed unenforceable, I meant to allow the lender to be the claimant as if they cannot provide a compliant agreement under CPR before court, then they are unlikely to get the agreement enforced

Regards

socleirigh

Regards

socleirigh

I would initially write to the Managing Director of Ratio Money - Matthew Porteus and entitle it `Formal letter of complaint` outlining your issues. I would also contact the Ministry of Justice and do the same.

Billy, Ratio have gone under, there is no ratio.

Hi Bbilly

I would advise you to email xxxx they may be able to help you

Good Luck

Edited by cerberusalert
removed commercial link
Hi Bbilly

I would advise you to email **********Ltd they may be able to help you

Good Luck

Yep, and it only costs £300. ( or only £100 even if you don't have a claim):rolleyes:

I have been informed that a number of Solcitors are having their Ratio Audit report reaudited by a firm called Credit Card Audit Limited. They are part of a claims management company called Bank Charge recovery Ltd

Wonder how many times you can advertise your company and get away with it/ TonyB33 has advertised his in just about every post he submits.

xp1,

I don`t doubt you but what evidence have you got to back up your comments that Ratio have gone under?

Leonard Curtis Insolvency Practitioners

0161 767 1250

Ratio have gone under? Oh lord lol.

Well, I'm quite philosophical about the whole situation to be honest. If it weren't for their initial (clearly misplaced) enthusiasm, I wouldn't have googled some of the things they said. I wouldn't have found CAG and learned about CCA's, SAR's, Telephone Harrassment, Notices of Assignment, Deeds of Assignment, Data protection etc.

Annoyed at losing £490? A little. Pleased at finding this site and learning shedloads - most definitely. I'm in a much stronger position now.

I just received this email:

Dear MisterTBone,

Thank you for your email which has been recorded with ref XXXXX.

We became aware that Ratio Money went into administration on 25th March.In order to give appropriate advice I recommend you call us on 0845 450 6858 and give your reference number

Regards

Steve Dorning

Claims Management Officer

Claims Management Unit

57-60 High Street, Burton on Trent DE14 1JS

0845 450 6858

What makes it worse is that I originally signed up with THE CLAIMS WAREHOUSE, who in turn were using Ratio Money to do their legal work, etc.

Now, The Claims Warehouse are attempting to absolve themselves from any obligation or work due.

Keep an eye on them as well; this does not bode well.

Mister TBone

Dear MisterTBone,

We became aware that Ratio Money went into administration on 25th March.In order to give appropriate advice I recommend you call us on 0845 450 6858 and give your reference number

Regards

Steve Dorning

Claims Management Unit

0845 450 6858

What makes it worse is that I originally signed up with THE CLAIMS WAREHOUSE, who in turn were using Ratio Money to do their legal work, etc.

Now, The Claims Warehouse are attempting to absolve themselves from any obligation or work due.

Mister TBone

The Clams warehouse CANNOT absolve themselves from refunding customers. it was them I assume you paid? If so, they have to give you your money back. contact Trading Standards about it. be quick, they may not last as long as you think.

Unfortunately, unbeknownst to myself, I gave the Claims Warehouse my card details, and they then paid Ratio Money directly with my card.

I had no knowledge of this at the time, as the Claims Warehouse were the supposed organisation I was transacting business with.

"I have a bad feeling about this..."

Dear MisterTBone,

Regards

Steve Dorning

Claims Management Unit

0845 450 6858

Mister TBone

When did you get this letter? I have not heard of other Ratio clients receiving it.

Would love to know what the MoJ say when you call them,please post here with the info.

Yes, Today. Appears to be genuine, can not see what he can get out of such an approach if not genuine as I would not give real name. Story may appear on the Sunday Mirrow. Shame it is not a paper with much of a reputation or depth.

Hi,

I also was PMd by same journalist. Gave him some info. by PM and have agreed to talk to him, as I am annoyed at Ration Money's handling of my case and no refund being forthcoming

Regards

socleirigh

Ratio Money have performed for me ! My papers are now with a solicitor who has paid RM £50 for the intro. CFA signed - all very recent. Barrister instructed to examine the situation.ie. the CCA situation re. unenforceability.................................

Ratio Money have performed for me ! My papers are now with a solicitor who has paid RM £50 for the intro. CFA signed - all very recent. Barrister instructed to examine the situation.ie. the CCA situation re. unenforceability.................................

Don't want to rain on your parade and I hope you get things sorted but I have had cases where the same thing happened in September 2008,CFA with sol,barristers opinion etc and to date still no progress-and now no chance of a refund.

Oh yeah and solicitors regularly have been dropping cases after taking them on so Ratio just sold them to another solicitor- in some cases this happened 4 times with the same case!

Has anyone responded to MoJ re Ratio and if so what is the outcome?