• Tweets

• Hi All,  I have tried to use my own words as much as possible, any better suggestions are welcome.  I have been sleepless and hence i can't really think of alternative words, will definitely give it another go if you have points that i may have left out? Worry
    • Thanks all for all your input. I have decided to follow this all the way. So far, I have not replied to Alliance Parking's original NTK letter. The time-period for the reduced amount has now finished, and the time to appeal (21 days from the date of letter) will finish on 25th Apr. No further comms received from Alliance Parking. Could you please guide me, for my readiness, on what happens next? Am I going to start receiving letters from Alliance Parking > Debt Collector letters > Letter of Claim? Who sends me the Letter of Claim - Alliance Parking / Debt Collectors / Solicitors / court? How many weeks / months from now is this likely to be? Once Alliance Parking passes the debt off to the Debt Collectors, is there a risk of anyone turning up at the door? Do I need to reply to any other letters from either the parking company, debt collectors, or solicitors? Many thanks in advance.
    • I've just noticed this so wanted to my apologies for my response to this yesterday I didn't realise his name was worry, I thought you meant worry as in be concerned not referring to his name.   My apologies.
    • We've already encouraged worry to use their own words... HB
    • Whoops 😅 Vanquis - September 2015 Jacamo - January 2016 Very - December 2013
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

ratio money

bainmarie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The second solicitor has now come back saying that the agreement looks enforceable, so £295 wasted. I wonder if I can claim this back from Ratio as they said that this fee is refundable if agreement found to be enforceable.

socleirigh

Regards

socleirigh

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we had some 7 agreements audited in decemeber 2008 and were told they were unenforceable. 2 are still waiting to go to a solicitor and when i have rung up about this they are very rude. So i wrote to them 4 times to get a reply that they would be with a solicitor am still awaiting this (3 months)

have just received a letter from a solicitor saying that another agreement is now not worth going ahead with although it has been with them a year. This was then reallocated by Ratio to Mckay solicitors. Have not returned the paperwork as we have lost all confidence. We gave ratio money in good faith at what was and still is a difficult time for us. Thought we could get a refund . Has anyone been successful with getting money back??? we feel really stupid

Edited by italy
spelling

I will be requesting a refund, as I too was advised that the fee was refundable if the claim did not proceed, although I won't be holding my breath waiting on it. Looks likw we have been ripped off. I had another three agreements audited by Clear Your Finance and have been trying to contact them to get £900 refunded, but no answer on the phone. Always get "user busy" message, even at 11.00pm!

Kind Regards

socleirigh

Regards

socleirigh

I recomend to keep chasing them I am about to hear this week on my MBNA claim I strongly suspect the solicitors will bounce it saying it is compliant. I also have another claim that has gone quiet Im at the point of going nuclear with these clowns and I will report them to the Ministry of Justice.

I too feel that I have been misled by Ratio Money.

So much for their comments in the taped message "just sit back and let RM sort your claim keeping you informed every step of the way."

Ratio Money have never heard of the terms 'customer support, cummunication' or 'complaints department'. Although I am a relatively new customer with them (August 2009) I am already totally disappointed with RM and wish I had just paid the £295.00 to NatWest. Prior to contacting RM I had pursued my complaint directly to NatWest Card Services who could not send a legible copy of my original credit card agreement application to me and could not provide anything relating to contract terms (from 15 years ago) I was getting no further with NatWest. However here we are six months later and with RM I find I am still no further forward. I should have just takem my initial results to the Insurance Ombudsman.

Three weeks ago I emailed a complaint to RM relating to unsatisfactory service, NO reply yet.

Any one with thoughts?

Help HELP HELP please!

We initially contact Debt Doctor last year after hearing about their service on the radio (interview)! After a visit by Mark O'Connor who took a statement of all the details! A follow up call was made by a female working for Claims Warehouse, a further full statement was given, we paid our money and then nothing for almost a year - following almost weekly emails for an update we finally received a letter from Claims Warehouse asking us to sign over the 'case' to them - a shock as we though we were being managed by them! It turns out our file has been managed by Ratio Money! Still heard nothing for months, then out out of the blue a telephone call from Ratio Money saying that what Claims Warehouse had done was illegal as they were already handling our case!

Interesting because I kept asking for the name of the solicitor who had been allocated our file from both agents- NOTHING - I am now worried as the recovery agent (Paragon Finance) has now issued a CCJ ---

Anyone else out there having problems with these 2 agencies! I need to make quick choices now what to do! We contest the loan agreement! It is as far as we know unlawful (being over 12 years old now with no resolution) the amount has shot up from an original loan of £5,000 which had almost been paid to over £21,000 following 'daily interest charges' which we had no information about, no notice of, no agreement to - Anyone else out there having similar issues! Please contact us.

RatioMoney have McKay Law in touch with me re. one of the two credit card agreements and ML have written to tell me that a barrister has been instructed to have a look at the agreement and will report back. This may not be helpful but shows that they are actrive..................

Help HELP HELP please!

We initially contact Debt Doctor last year after hearing about their service on the radio (interview)! After a visit by Mark O'Connor who took a statement of all the details! A follow up call was made by a female working for Claims Warehouse, a further full statement was given, we paid our money and then nothing for almost a year - following almost weekly emails for an update we finally received a letter from Claims Warehouse asking us to sign over the 'case' to them - a shock as we though we were being managed by them! It turns out our file has been managed by Ratio Money! Still heard nothing for months, then out out of the blue a telephone call from Ratio Money saying that what Claims Warehouse had done was illegal as they were already handling our case!

Interesting because I kept asking for the name of the solicitor who had been allocated our file from both agents- NOTHING - I am now worried as the recovery agent (Paragon Finance) has now issued a CCJ ---

Anyone else out there having problems with these 2 agencies! I need to make quick choices now what to do! We contest the loan agreement! It is as far as we know unlawful (being over 12 years old now with no resolution) the amount has shot up from an original loan of £5,000 which had almost been paid to over £21,000 following 'daily interest charges' which we had no information about, no notice of, no agreement to - Anyone else out there having similar issues! Please contact us.

Has Paragon Finance actually obtained a CCJ, or have they just issued proceedings. If they have already obtained a CCJ, they should have produced the agreement in court. If it hasn't got to court yet, you can use valuable support on this site to defend a claim where the claimant does not have a bone fide agreement.

Regards

socleirigh

I thought I'd give Ratio Money a try, so I could exact a bit of revenge on the bank for some awful customer service when I was ill. So far my experiences mirror most of the folks on here, poor communication and very little progress other than cases being passed around from solicitor to solicitor.

I've long given up on actually making any progress. What I'm concerned about now is not being landed with any legal bills.

I've been told by Ratio that both of my claims look to be non compliant. One has been passed to solicitors, the other is due to be passed to solicitors. Am I correct in thinking that assuming the solicitors confirm there's a claim, that the next step would be to sign some sort of agreement with that solicitor?

If I pulled the plug now without signing anything, would I likely have anything further to pay?

Not sure what to do yet, I simply don't want to find myself with a huge bill for a punt which looks (so far) to have been unsuccessful.

I would suggest you contact Paul Walton for help. Here is a thread that may be of interest.

www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/11427-walton-rbos

thank you I will contact Paul Walton this morning to see if there is any way he can help, we have to reply to the CCJ notice by Friday (next week).

Has Paragon Finance actually obtained a CCJ, or have they just issued proceedings. If they have already obtained a CCJ, they should have produced the agreement in court. If it hasn't got to court yet, you can use valuable support on this site to defend a claim where the claimant does not have a bone fide agreement.

Hi the case has not gone to court yet, we have to return the CCJ documents by next Firday! Were getting desperate now as no one seems to be able to help us!

OMG just spoken to Ratio Money having waited for 35 minutes for the call to be answered to be informed our claim has only just gone to the adjudicator - BLACK NIGHT ASSOCIATES - to be informed that only one company can look at our claim - not sure who it is, claims warehouse, or ratio money, Black Night won't speak to me being a client (what kind of business is this)!

Black Night Associates are in fact Loancheck see; Loancheck.co.uk

Whois Information For Loancheck.co.uk

Domain name:

loancheck.co.uk

Registrant:

Black Knight Associates Ltd

Registrant type:

UK Limited Company, (Company number: 6909371)

Registrant's address:

7 Mole Way

Shawbirch

Telford

Shropshire

TF5 0JZ

United Kingdom

OMG just spoken to Ratio Money having waited for 35 minutes for the call to be answered to be informed our claim has only just gone to the adjudicator - BLACK NIGHT ASSOCIATES - to be informed that only one company can look at our claim - not sure who it is, claims warehouse, or ratio money, Black Night won't speak to me being a client (what kind of business is this)!

Yeah, I was told that yesterday.

these firms who use the excuse that they are NOT answerable to the paying client are very much mistaken. They are & those who refuse to provide information are acting unlawfully

Now that you now they have your file/data send them a SAR & lets see them get outta that one;)

Black Night Associates are in fact Loancheck see; Loancheck.co.uk

This confirms my wider fears! Has anyone had any dealings with RARIO MONEY who were the original company handing my cliam ? They too seem to have gone to ground although when I spoke to the broker this morning who was very helpful she seemed to be suggesting contact with them is almost imposible!

This confirms my wider fears! Has anyone had any dealings with RARIO MONEY who were the original company handing my cliam ? They too seem to have gone to ground although when I spoke to the broker this morning who was very helpful she seemed to be suggesting contact with them is almost imposible!

Following advice on this forum, I have just spoken to the Debt helpline who were very very helpful (why did I not call them before) --- their 100% advice is speak to a solicitor who I have just contacted waiting for reply!

they offered further advice: if after all this circus the claim is enforceable, we could lodge a 'tomlin order' which means as I believe the CCJ is changed allowing for a settlement and repayments to be made, if I heard correct the order is made against the original amount of £7,000 no the £22,000 (almost) Paragon Finance are suggesting! Anyone else heard of a 'Tomlin Oder' ?

Edited by bbilly

Hi thank you for this information it makes very interesting reading, I hope our case does not need a 'tomlin order' but is finally heard however, a silver linning on a dirty dark cloud!

I spoke to a solicitor yesterday who was handling one of my cases and he has heard nothing from Ratio and can not move it forward until he does. In terms of the poor customer service and lack of updates etc I would urge everyone to start the complaints process off. There are a number of introducers out there who are as culpable as Ratio as well namely UK Logical and Guardian GB the latter promised the earth and claim they are different cos they have barristers on board etc - however when I quizzed them in January theyre guy clammed up and could only say "it will be at least 9 months" before any progress. Im at the stage where I wish I was never taken in by the piffle peddled by Ratio and the introducers to them.