ratio money

bainmarie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4086 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes thanks for that response Axiom. I get regular updates from my solicitors two of which have issued proceedings against MBNA and barclaycard. I have insurance with Elite/DAS which I undertsand is part of the ratio 'service'. I am waiting for the mancs outcome before another firm isues on two more. I have felt very frustrated at the length of time these claims have taken, I wish my rep had said it would take 12/18 months from the outset. I can only speak as I find though and I have no problem with ratio money. As for their managers leaving...not really my problem, staff turnover is nothing new. You clearly have an axe to grind with them and I presume your are from a another claims firm looking to recruit claimants and reps? I dont doubt for one minute that you have evidence that some sols firms arent particularly good at what they do, but mine are and I would mention them if I could. IMO most of these problems stem from the length of time these issues are taking to resolve and no one Claims firm is to blame. I wish you well in your venture....I do beleive there is a place for Claims firms. I just wish claims firms could resolve the diffrences they have and do more to fight the real enemy here...the banks. ;)

Axiom I have pm'd you details of my ratio appointed solicitors.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I have found my rep in Ratio to be quite helpful and has pushed things along when I phoned him.

I first signed up with Ratio in Mar 09, nd the audit was completed in May 09. I received my copy of the audit in June, then quiet for a few months, but when I made a few calls to my rep in Sept, the case was allocated to a solicitor in October. Signed CFA with solicitor in November, but no ATE insurance in place yet. Have had some replies to emails from solicotor before Christmas, but nothing since.

A different solicitor appointed by another CMC, acting on a separate case got the ATE insurance in place within a fortnight of first contacting me.

So I am now getting concerned about the Ratio appointed solicitor

Regards

socleirigh

Regards

socleirigh

I think you are quite right to feel concerned `Ratio` appear to be in a bit of a pickle. I had a solicitor appointed then in September 2009 a different solicitor was appointed. Lo & behold in December I got a letter from the original solicitor telling me that my MBNA credit agreement was compliant and enforcable.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone been contacted by McKay Law solicitors after Ratio Money investigation into CCA ? They have sent me a concitional fee agreement which I have not signed yet. it appears that I will be responsible for the oppostions legal costs if I lose. Any advice please ?

• 2 weeks later...

Spoke to the Solicitors handling my `unenforcable MBNA credit card` agreement today and as a possible consequence of the Manchester case it may well be compliant after all. Its been passed back to their barristers just to double check but the solicitor didnt hold out a lot of hope. He was critical of Ratio and the volume of cases they pass thru as `unenforcable` and said often they are strewn with inaccuracies and get rejected. Also there has been a bust up apparently between the solicitor firm and Ratio who did their audits. My case has been rumbling on since October 2008 and now Ive lost all hope in it. Expect I`ll get a phone call but all of what I say here is true and factual.

Has anyone been contacted by McKay Law solicitors after Ratio Money investigation into CCA ? They have sent me a concitional fee agreement which I have not signed yet. it appears that I will be responsible for the oppostions legal costs if I lose. Any advice please ?

Hi, I'm new to this site and came on just to look for info and advice re my experience with Ratio. My two cases have been with them since April last year. Received one audit report from "Emmets" late last year talking about prescribed breaches, then nothing until a letter last week from McKay Law stating I "may" have grounds for a case against my credit card lender and they were going to go through the process of asking for original documents all over again! Nothing on the other case. I too have been asked to sign a pile of documentation with very worrying wording that suggests I will have to pay costs and that even if my case is successful they will not be able to claim all costs through the lender etc, etc, I'm confused, and feel very let down. I was originally led to believe that the only costs I had to pay were the original fees for submitting the paperwork.

Edited by paddythehermit

Paddy. McKay Law are getting a barrister to look at my one I have signed a conditional fee agreement but they have assured me that they are paying the barrister - not me - and that they will arrange insurance if the barrister comes back with a positive result. This happened only last week..............................very impotrtant that we keep in touch. Which agreements were Ratio Money - Emmetts - me too - looking into ? We might be able to keep in touch on these. Where are you located by the way ?

Have spoken to McKay Law this morning and have received an email to confirm that I won't be charged, and that insurance will be sought, like you, once the barrister has made a decision. I'm just going to wait and see what happens on this one, but it has not been a positive experience so far.

Best of luck to you, and best wishes

Edited by paddythehermit

Hi

Like you Paddy i have had cases with Ratio since April 09 three in total, I recived a audit report from Emmits about one credit card then nothing for months, then mckey law wrote to me saying they were now handeling the case, I have also just recived a load of paperwork from mckay law suggesting fees of between £7,400 and £14,500 this is rediculas as my debt with this lender is only £2000, i was led to belive by ratio money that the only costs to me was the original paid to them at the start of this proccess, as for my other two cases nothing from ratio yet i feel afetr reciving the paper work form mckay i want to stop the proccess now and try at least to get my monry back from ratio, feel confused and scared to sign anything just incase i end up with even more debt than i got now.

I really do think Ratio are in a real pickle the conversation I had with the solicitor looking after my MBNA claim was not positive and it has been going on since October 2008. I empathise totally with you guys and the phoning of them for updates struck a familiar cord. Ive had long conversations with their MD who will try and lay the blame for the hold ups/delays squarely at the door of the banks tho remember he is making money out of this and he and his company are not in this for the good of our health. The whole process for me has been stressful and totally demoralising beware also of other firms contacting you trying to offer a better faster service who claim to have barristers on board etc etc. Iam going to contact the Ministry of Justice and raise a complaint tho I have little hope this will do much good. Im sorry if this appears negative but I can tell you its what I have experienced to date. I honestly feel like I have been mugged.

Hi Billy Goat

Are you expecting to incure further costs I paid Ratio the fee and now the solicitors that are taking on my case are quoting fees if i win of around £7000 to £14000 the debt they are looking at is now only £1600 this is ridiculas. also mckay law want me to prove my identity i live near london and they are based in leeds how the hell do they expect me to go to there offices with my passport.

the time scale there talking about is about 9 to 12 months as well i could if carefull pay this debt off in 6 months its very frustrating and makes me angry as i was introduced to them by a mortgage adviser who is base in a very well known estate agent in my area and guess what can i get hold of this chap now NO

No I am not expecting to incur any costs at all as I have `ate insurance` which means after the event insurance in place so irrespective of any outcome I pay nothing. Frankly this process is going round in circles because Ratio are in a mess and are palming weak cases off onto any solicitors who havent wised up. I have another claim for a car agreemnt and initially the solicitor was refreshingly upfront and active now it looks as tho he has either been gagged or realised what a total nonsense this process is as he doesnt respond to any phone calls or letters. In terms of proving your identity all you need to do is send a photocopy of your passport/driving licence/utility bill I suggest you send it recorded 1st class will cost you about £1.

You are absolutely right. Nothing to pay - but - will they take it on on that basis. There is so much Egg talk but no omelette to speak of. Let's hear from someone who has success versus Egg. it may be that success versus Egg demands silence and that may be conditional.

Ok thanks I'm going to sign the paperwork and send it off monday i wont hold my breath on a result but i have got this far, i have emailed my intorducer and lodged a complant about the proccess he did call me and said he is very sorry and will be calling Ratio himself to try and get some answers from them.

My lender is Monument, I have three cases with Ratio one with Nat West and the biggest they said did not show any signs of a breach but was gloing to look at it again :-?, the other with Capital one apparently they have not supplied a CCA they cant read so is non compliant:-| I paid Ratio £395 to look at each case, so like us all i feel a bit of a mug.

It would be nice if someone popped onto this forum to say they have had success with Ratio "IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE"

• 2 weeks later...

hi

I have had dealings with Ratio Money and they are hopeless. Had a PPI claim with them and it took them/the solicitor they allocated, over 12 months to inform me that they did not think i had a strong enough case even though I was sold single premium and was not informed of the small print by the seller. i have now given my complaint to the FOS who have kept me up to date regulary. Luckily for me I did not pay a fee to Ratio but I was getting concerned about the amount of fees the solicitor was starting to hint at if they were sucessful in getting my PPI back. Ratio's customer service is appaling, "we will call you back" usually meant not hearing anything from them until I rang back AGAIN. Don't bother with Ratio

I have been informed that a number of Solcitors are having their Ratio Audit report reaudited by a firm called xxx . They are part of a claims management company called Bank Charge recovery Ltd

Edited by cerberusalert
commercial name removed

Keep me posted please. My Rati agreements have gone to Emmetts solicitors and thence to McKay Law. None of them much good when prompted but if you read the press yesterday you will pick up ythat Burleys solicitors in Newark have been stopped from trading due to a link with Cartel Client Review - a ratio money type company.

Important that we keep in touch now...........

Not sure if I posted this already on this thread or another, but my agreement was audited by Emmetts. They said the breach was that there was a charge in the "Amount of Credit" box, when quite clearly there wasn't, only the amount that I borrowed was in the box.

I'm not legally qualified, but even I could see this mistake. Another firm of solicitors have it now, and hopefully there will be sufficient breaches in it to render it unenforceable, but Emmetts was amateurish in my opinion.

Regards

socleirigh