ratio money

bainmarie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4113 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a look on their site, look all brand spanking new don't they.

The PPI reclaim sort of appealed (momentarily) 10 squid and an 80% return, will await some reports on them me thinks......almost worth the effort on the smaller 500 quid reclaims - 110 quid all in to cover all of those pain in the butt letters and postage.

Gez

Selecting a CMC to handle a complex claim based solely on the initial audit fee could prove to be a false economy. Make absolutley certain your chosen CMC is able to appoint a decent firm of solicitors to litigate the claim, be sure to ask for details of their firm/panel. Importantly, make sure ATE is available should they identify breaches in your credit agreement. Ask if they have issued on any claim yet.

Regards these claim companies,CartelClientReview claim to use CCLS - Consumer Credit Litigation Solicitors,and apparently they win most cases i.e. FirstPlus,HSBC and others.....Does anyone have any news regards this company,you can also check Cartels website to see this for yourselves.

Please post any findings...:confused: KILL LILL

If you think about it - everyone wins most cases.

Its just the cost that varies.

Hi Pedross

Guess my thoughts are where to draw the line and where to focus ones efforts. Has to be a personal choice for everyone.

Looking at this recent one I have a couple of cc's which are enforceable but with 6-800 squid of PPI to recover. Very little in the big scheme of things.

On the other hand I have capquest and Crapwest threatening SD's for over 60k in total which I guess I should be spending more time on...... given the costs and percentage they draw for handling claims I think (although waiting to see some reviews) they may be an option for the lower end of the reclaim market.

Not so sure I'd trust anyone but me or a trained barrister employed by me for sorting the bigger issues.

Gez

Hi Gez

You have answered your own point. The PPI claims are minor in the scheme of things and will still be there when you have dealt with the bigger issues.

The first thing you need to do is put capquest in their place and get rid of the SD situation. Sort out the £60k first. The most important ones to focus on are the ones you have the least defence for. If you take your eye off the ball it will hit you in the face.

Pedross

Cheers Pedross

Always good to have a second opinion that echoes my own.

As for capquest, now at day 34 of ignoring the twits........awaiting the SD so I can earn myself at least an extra 500 squid on the set aside.

Wonder what the record is for avoiding them? ......lol

Crapwest, not sure which way to go with them. Have a letter from Alan Dickinson advising that I was not suitable for remortgaging with O/D and loan due to O/D default........O/D default is made up of bounced d/d fees on a loan with them and various management fees for same now totalling 2k. Loan agreement with them is a 2007 (August ....bah, humbug) application refering to precontract terms regarding servicing of repayments via current account.

May end up paying a couple of k for a barrister to defend this one, must be a claim for restitutional interest somewhere in there

Gez

Edited by freakyleaky

If so go for it if not try and do a deal.

Trying, believe me they are(EDIT) trying :D

Think I'll be saving my pennies for a barrister for this one, don't want to give them too much ammo before it reaches court, sticking with the gently, gently approach for now - suffice to say that the loan application they hold is not the one I signed, the 'loan' terms they rely on are described in a 4 fold glossy and .....the original bank copy of the application is held by me (still unsigned).

Will eventually start a thread for this one but at the mo its sort of spread around the forum in dribs and drabs picking up some pointers wherever I can.

Gez

Edited by freakyleaky
SWEARING

• 1 month later...

I have 9 cases with ratio money, originally taken on by the claims warehouse who sent it onto ratio money. I always have to contact them, never the other way around. Its been over a year now and nothing is moving. In many cases the ccc's have NOT provided a true copy of my agreements so therefore unenforceable, yet they are still writing to them asking them for this when they are obvioulsy in breach. I am thinking about going direct to a solicitor to take these on for me as Ratio and claims warehouse have done nothing in my eyes other than take over £1000 from me.

My record is better - I think - Ratio Money they have obtained solicitors opinions on my two credit card agreements and I have the reports (have you?) - both appear to be not conforming to CCA requirements but I now have to wait for a solicitor to contact me .................................

Yeah, they have all been audited and i have 2 that i have got an acknowledgment of service for, so i sent them back and a defense has been filed. But the others are pending litigation HOWEVER, one solicitor said the audit isnt worth the paper its written on as it was done with documents missing. Another case was sent by ratio to a random solicitor who isnt dealing with the case so he sent the stuff back, ( breach of data protection). The claims warehouse have asked me to sign a NEW form of authority as they arent happy with Ratio money, but i have been told that if i do this i will be liable for all previous solicitors costs etc so i am unsure of signing this. My cases are paast audit so i dont see the point.! CONFUSED or what!

Yeah, they have all been audited and i have 2 that i have got an acknowledgment of service for, so i sent them back and a defense has been filed. But the others are pending litigation HOWEVER, one solicitor said the audit isnt worth the paper its written on as it was done with documents missing. Another case was sent by ratio to a random solicitor who isnt dealing with the case so he sent the stuff back, ( breach of data protection). The claims warehouse have asked me to sign a NEW form of authority as they arent happy with Ratio money, but i have been told that if i do this i will be liable for all previous solicitors costs etc so i am unsure of signing this. My cases are paast audit so i dont see the point.! CONFUSED or what!

MMW you need to take a look at this thread on another forum

Ratio Money-Wipe out credit card balances [problem]

who told you that if you sign a new form of authority you will be liable for solicitors costs?

The fact is that if you have signed a conditional fee agreement with a solicitor then unless you can get him to agree to cancel it then you may be liable for costs.

But if that solicitor has failed to deal with your case then there is no reason why they should not release you from the CFA at no cost.

The initial fee you paid was to have the agreement audited and you have had that done so you have no liability to Ratio Money.

The fact is that Ratio Money used introducers such as The Claims Warehouse and others to find claims for them however as documented here the service from Ratio and their appointed solicitors led many of these introducers to cease introducing claims to Ratio and thats why The Claims Warehouse want you to sign the new forms of authority.

If you have already entered into a CFA with a Ratio appointed solicitor then unless he releases you from it you are stuck with him but in cases where no CFA has been signed TCW are trying to place your case with a better more efficient solicitor.

The reason that some audits of agreements are unsatisfactory is that Ratio sent incomplete agreements for audit to the audit solicitors and when they realised this and told Ratio they said "just audit what you've got" so its not surprisisng some audits were unsatisfactory.

There is much much more going on however if I post it all on here I think it might be censored so better to go to the other forum link for the full story.

A

HI, I have 9 cards with Ratio money via another introducer. I completed the packs in October 2008 last year nad dont seem to be any firther on although 2 have now had acknowledgments of service and a defense 'apparantly' filed. The more i read on here the more worried i am! The introducer want me to resign new forms of authority to get them away from Ratio money but i don tknow what to do!

HI, I have 9 cards with Ratio money via another introducer. I completed the packs in October 2008 last year nad dont seem to be any firther on although 2 have now had acknowledgments of service and a defense 'apparantly' filed. The more i read on here the more worried i am! The introducer want me to resign new forms of authority to get them away from Ratio money but i don tknow what to do!

Firstly I suggest you have a good look at the info on the link I posted previously.

That may give you an idea of how things are going with Ratio.

I believe that if you stick with Ratio things will certainly be no better than they have been so far- they may be going to get a lot worse.

I know that The Claims Warehouse have reliable and competent solicitors in place to replace those appointed by Ratio as they are acting for me but as for other introducers I can not say.

If you want to pm me thats fine

A friend of mine sent a claim into Ratio early July and heard nothing till 7th October when she had a letter from them saying the lender had not complied with the section 77/78 request so they were in breach and Ratio would give them 7 days then start proceedings etc.

A few days a go she then received a letter from Ratio saying they could not progress her case as 'the account type was invalid'(sic)

Well no **** Sherlock,the account number they quoted on their correspondence was not the correct account number my friend had filled in when she completed the application forms in July.

What a complete and utter load of crap not to mention the waste of 295 quid-stay well away! :-x

Firstly I suggest you have a good look at the info on the link I posted previously.

That may give you an idea of how things are going with Ratio.

I believe that if you stick with Ratio things will certainly be no better than they have been so far- they may be going to get a lot worse.

I know that The Claims Warehouse have reliable and competent solicitors in place to replace those appointed by Ratio as they are acting for me but as for other introducers I can not say.

If you want to pm me thats fine

Some of my Ratio claims were placed by a TCW agent. The only problems I have had have been with TCW and their shoddy service and '3 months guranteed' non-sense. My TCW agent contacted me last week wanting me to pull the plug on ratio...even though I am about six months into conditional fee agreements!! As for TCW's 'competent solicitors', are you serious? If its the same firm that was mentioned to me then I will need to re-examine my undertanding of 'competent'. Is there not enough business to go around the CMCs? Seems ike an industry riddled with life insurance churners.

Some of my Ratio claims were placed by a TCW agent. The only problems I have had have been with TCW and their shoddy service and '3 months guranteed' non-sense. My TCW agent contacted me last week wanting me to pull the plug on ratio...even though I am about six months into conditional fee agreements!! As for TCW's 'competent solicitors', are you serious? If its the same firm that was mentioned to me then I will need to re-examine my undertanding of 'competent'. Is there not enough business to go around the CMCs? Seems ike an industry riddled with life insurance churners.

Read what I wrote in post #169-if you have already signed a CFA with a Ratio appointed solicitor unless they agree to cancel the CFA you are stuck with it.If your TCW agent tells you anything else he is wrong and if he told you at any time the process would take less than 6-9 months he is wrong.By the way the 6-9 months timescale was fed to TCW by Ratio along with a lot of other erroneous information about the way this process actually works.

If you pm me and tell me who he is I will put him straight.

You mention you are 6 months into a conditional fee agreement and I would be interested to know at what stage your solicitor is with settling your case.

If you have got anywhere at all you are very lucky as I know exactly where Ratio are with hundreds of cases going back up to 18 months and the answer for them is nowhere.

Typical scenarios are:

Ratio take 6 months to obtain CFA from lender and get audit done.

They then take another 3 months to appoint a solicitor.

Solicitor signs up a CFA with the client and then it all goes quiet for 6 months at which time solicitor contacts client and says sorry I can't deal with this claim as I can't get ATE insurance.

Ratio then appoint another solicitor for the client and the whole merry go round starts again.

Crucial thing to remember is that Ratio SELL these claims to solicitors so every time they do this they make some more money.They couldn't give a crap about the client.

Quote from Ratio chief solicitor "once we have passed a claim onto a solicitor on our panel and you sign that CFA then the contract is entirely between you and the solicitor and we have no further responsibility"

Bottom line is that solicitors appointed by Ratio are crap-I have even known instances where they are saying cases with prescribed term breaches are not strong enough to represent the client where proceedings have been issued by the lender so the answer to the client is 'sorry pal you're on your own'

If you want to stick with Ratio thats up to you but of the hundreds af cases I have been involved with not one has yet had any sort of a result-none have even had proceedings issued.

There have been instances where Ratio has passed the same case on to more than one solicitor.

TCW are not perfect and the advice from the agent you mention is clearly wrong but TCW and every ratio client has been seriously misled by Ratio about the likelyhood of having a successful claim and the timescales involved.

Zoe Nicholls Ratio 'Development Director" quit a short while ago as even she as hardfaced as she is could not put up with the bull**** coming from Ratio

I have much much more information on this situation and it might be worth you having a look on here

Ratio Money-Wipe out credit card balances [problem]

It will all come out in time