ratio money

bainmarie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4087 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Killylilly

For starters not all of them are rougesters stated by the fact that the MOJ approve what they do, and you pay them for a lot more then that, why dont you actually take some time in finding out exactly whats involved instead of being a sheep and following a lot of the rubbish that is written on here.

So Larry,i am a sheep? who are you then Larry the Lamb?

Why should i "take some time finding out exactly whats involved" when i am on here for some advice.

If you have nothing decent to comment on about the "rubbish that is written on here" i suggest you go and get your knitting needles out.

I certainly dont want any sarky comments or advice from you.

thanks

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done I fully endorse what you say. I was taken aback yesterday when I spoke to `Trinity Solicitors` who now have my MBNA case managed to pin the solicitor down on how long he estimates for a resolution - 6 - 9 months! I nearly fell out of the chair ridiculously long time and totally frustrating and at times infuriating. There also seems to be real issues getting `ATE` (After the event insurance) and cases are bandied round firms of solicitors. I find this process very disheartening.

Larry probbly wont answer this but i why is it he says that cmcs provide the funding? I have heard that one cmc is a bit of a joke with some funders on account of their wild claims for their product The lenders who know ultimately that the law is against them are just waiting for them to say something really ludicrous so they can get a scare story to their friends inthe financial press

Hi,

So does anyone have any geniune advice then, regards paying £300/500 for these third party companies to pursue unenforceable loans.Or the names of any companies who will give me value for money?

Or is it all one big con,and we should just pay our loans off.

Also,can we reclaim our ridiculous default fees from these loan companies ??

It is not a con but it does take a huge amount of time and its certainly not quick by any stretch. What is frustrating is the `Panel of Solicitors` who allocate/take up cases and getting the ATE Insurance approved which means either way win or lose you pay nothing. The fees tend to vary from company and tend to be on a sliding scale - £295 for your first case then £195 for the second £95 for the third etc. Customer service is useless with a lot of the companies, its the usual "your call is important to us and will be answered by the next available operator.....". I have direct numbers for the company I am dealing with and probably because I have been a bit of a thorn in their flesh I tend to get updates frequently but perserverence is key. I have to say that for me its been running on since Novemeber last year( am tempted to send them a birthday card!) and still no sign of conclusion all you tend to get if you moan about the time to them is "well the legal process takes time....".

Best advice I can give is go for it but be prepared for the long haul and keep badgering them at regular intervals. I have written and had 2 long telephone conversations with the MD of the company who I`ve been dealing with and if necessary Im sure he and I will be having future conversations.

Hi,

So does anyone have any geniune advice then, regards paying £300/500 for these third party companies to pursue unenforceable loans.Or the names of any companies who will give me value for money?

Or is it all one big con,and we should just pay our loans off.

Also,can we reclaim our ridiculous default fees from these loan companies ??

Its no walk in the park. Ive now got ATE in place and have seen a copy of the claim letter. I doubt I would have got this far on my own as a litigant. On balance I would actually recommend my CMC, Ratio Money. I agree their service sometimes can be poor, but now I know who to speak to they are fine. Im sure they would recognise panel solicitors can cause problems particularly when they are dismissive of the RM audit from day one.

I did ask some bloke at RM why they use Emmetts to audit agreements and then farm breach cases out to other firms. To me that process is a recipe for trouble. Its like asking one sparky to comment on the work of another...'wouldnt have done it that way mate'. I was told that Emmetts are limited in the volume of work they can take from one CMC (??). It begs the question how can Cartel CR get away with it using Burleys? Anyway Im non the wiser now. And I know I shouldnt use Cartel as an example.

The firm Im using is `Ratio Money` and from what I have seen and heard they do seem to be the best of the bunch. My biggest cause for concern is the amount of time all this takes however if you think about it the Banks & Credit card companies are not going to just roll over without putting up all manner of obstacles and delaying tactics. As before my strong advice is to be tenacious and to keep on at them once they have taken on your case.

I would just like to agree with BGG and also Tricky Dickie who has posted on here. Having 13 cases I am happy to have solicitors on board although it takes time.

I have been paying a number of the banks etc £1 a month until all is resolved.

Others I have written to telling them that the agreement they produced to CMC is not valid and that I have solicitors in place on Conditional Fee agreements. Also, that I am not going to pay them anything Not much happening from them which include Co-op Bank and MBNA's DCA Experto Credite but it is early days as I only started this tack in August.

The fact that a firm of Solicitors have " audited agreements" and found them wanting and that you have written evidence of this and that they know Ratio and other CMCs are on your side puts a whole new complexion on your postion in my opinion. You, via your Solictiors, will be coming after them. Your Solicitors want to be successful so that they will be paid.

CCM 09 It will be interesting to hear what your thoughts are this time next year when some of your claims have been dropped, some 'havent been looked at yet' and a few stat demands have landed on your doorstep. Lets hope it doesnt happen, I think it will probably will.

I had a County Court Summons earlier in the year from HSBC solicitors who had not realised that a S77/78 request from my CMC was in the hands of their complaints department. My defence was that I did not owe them anything, that their agreement was in breach (that was if they if they could find it), and that they were in default as they had not responded to the S77/78 request.

I have not heard from them since and pay them nothing.

I positively welcome a Statutory Demand from anybody, I would go straight to Emmetts the Solicitors or to to Ratio.

They, for a fee admittedly, would almost be bound to take up the case on my behalf. You would get your money back on them being successful and they would almost certainly get awarded quite significant costs which would be much higher than if you were a litgant in person.

This is a disincentive for any claiment out there to go down this route.

I have spent the past 10 months looking at this web site, which seems much better than any other,admiring the ingenuity of people and the help that they have received. However, with 13 agreements being contested, I went down the Ratio route and once that the Solictors were in place have become much more agressive with on the claimants.

So bring it on, things are developing fast in this Finacial Irregularity world at the moment and I hear that many cases are being settled away from court.

I had a County Court Summons earlier in the year from HSBC solicitors who had not realised that a S77/78 request from my CMC was in the hands of their complaints department. My defence was that I did not owe them anything, that their agreement was in breach (that was if they if they could find it), and that they were in default as they had not responded to the S77/78 request.

I have not heard from them since and pay them nothing.

I positively welcome a Statutory Demand from anybody, I would go straight to Emmetts the Solicitors or to to Ratio.

They, for a fee admittedly, would almost be bound to take up the case on my behalf. You would get your money back on them being successful and they would almost certainly get awarded quite significant costs which would be much higher than if you were a litgant in person.

This is a disincentive for any claiment out there to go down this route.

I have spent the past 10 months looking at this web site, which seems much better than any other,admiring the ingenuity of people and the help that they have received. However, with 13 agreements being contested, I went down the Ratio route and once that the Solictors were in place have become much more agressive with on the claimants.

So bring it on, things are developing fast in this Finacial Irregularity world at the moment and I hear that many cases are being settled away from court.

Thats great, seems like you are off to a flyer with Ratio Money. In fact you remind me of myself in November of last year.

I know that there can be problems but having talked to a solicitor today

if there is any chance that I have a good case then I will use them to defend my position or to pursue the claimants. If we are to use Solicitors then you want those familiar with CCA 1974 with amendments.

The cases that are being dealt with at Manchester and the Commercial Court should hopefully help everybody contesting claims made against them. We shall know more soon.

The more actions against the various claimants the better. The culture has been for them to pursue individuals but their position overall becomes weaker through losing court cases. The consequent publicity will probally result in an ever increasing defiance by the public. The words floodgates have used by various CMCs and they are probally correct but only time will tell.

That's o.k ;)

To be honest there's nothing those companies can do that you can't do yourself with help from CAG. With regards to no charges for credit cards & loans... there's a saying, "If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is". There must be a cost involved otherwise how to they manage to operate?

Some advice please.

I am at the stage of, after writing to B/card, Cap One and MBNA, using the templates from here last Spring, not having received any CCA's.

I've put the accounts in dispute, again with the template from this site, so I presume its just a waiting game now (though I'm thinking of the CPR route as my next move).

Though I feel quite confident with the paperwork side of it, I do not feel the slightest bit confident of being in court and defending these actions. (I've never even been in a court in my life)

So how costly for me would it be to be represented by a barrister/solicitor when the invevitable court case comes, and could these costs be covered by ATE insurance?

Also, as I have 8 cards spread among these 3 companies, would there be a separate court case for each card belonging to the same company?

Thanks in advance

BF

Guest Larry1234

Where do you think the sols get the funding for in the meantime to work on your cases??

[EDIT]

Edited by Rooster-UK
Insulting other users