You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

lulu64uk

RBS (Nat West) debt and basic bank account

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4002 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

HI

Myself and my partner are on a DMP, and one of his debts (Approx 6K) is on his Nat West Credit Card.

Because our exisitng basic bank account wasnt really suitable (due to no branch nearby) I have just changed to a new basic bank account with RBS, not realising this was connected to Nat West.

I am now a little concerned that we have both arranged for our salaries to go in from next month and that this would give them access to our money to clear the debt if they so desired. I will add we have not had any threats from Nat West and they appear happy with our monthly payment

also could they monitor what we spend our money on, I am having to go to spain in sept to try and sort out some legal stuff in relation to my late father, dont want them thinking i am spending my money on holidays ?

Am I just being paranoid ? :!:

Edited by lulu64uk
added comment

It would be wise to have an a/c with a totally unrelated banking group. The Cooperative do a basic a/c with a direct debit card + electron. You can also use the post office to pay monies in, cash is credited to your a/c straight away, cheques takes about a week.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Thank you, will check the Co op out :)

You can open an a/c online but it takes 7 - 10 days but if you go into a branch with id & a couple of proofs of address they'll open one straight away.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT