Jump to content
  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Independent Sage met yesterday and has a new report out.   They think the national test and trace system doesn't work and are urging the government not to renew Serco's contract. They say the job should be done by GPs and local public health people who are already deal with the more complex cases and care homes.   https://www.independentsage.org/an-independent-sage-discussion-document-on-contact-tracing-and-self-isolation/
    • Thanks for your reply.   I don't have the money to get the repairs or inspections done to be honest.    It's a BMW 1 series.   I've learnt my lesson. I was having a pretty hard time with my health to be honest at the time. I bought it as a present to myself but was too trusting. 
    • This is a tricky one, BMW's , wide wheels, low profile tyres, stiff suspension over deviations, German Cars are known for that.  It might have winter tyres on, that would cause a rumble. My Volvo is also very weird like that.  It could also be a wheel bearing, which isn't expensive but would need to be done. Why not take it to your mechanic for a an inspection, or the AA/ RAC also do that.  I've learnt the hard way that's what you need to do before you buy the car,    What BMW is it?  I would only buy this brand of car at that age if it had a full history of every service and everything that has been spent on it during it's lifetime.
    • If you get somebody to cover for you on those last three days, are you saying you are OK?  ie you don't need to go to work in your old job and you can start the new one?  So that gives you what you want - yes?   If you can't get somebody to cover for you, you've got two potential courses of action - which may or may not be mutually exclusive.  First, ask if you can move your termination date forward by three days.  Obviously you won't get paid for those three days and whether your current trust will agree to this depends on what sort of relationship you have with your manager and how much they will need you to work those three days - or how easy you will be to replace.  If they say OK - you win.   Second, you don't turn up for work on those three days.  You will then technically be in breach of contract and in theory the trust could sue you for any financial loss they suffer as a result.  This would be the cost of employing somebody to replace you for those three days.  Will they need to replace you?  I suspect they would not bother to sue you, but nobody can guarantee they won't.  And what if you want a reference from them in future?  If you've already asked to bring your leave date forward, and they've refused, they may rightly conclude that you are taking the pi$$ if you don't turn up on those days, and they won't like it - or rather they won't like you...   Or, as I said before, get your new start date put back three days.   The thing is, your current employer can't extend your notice period unless you agree.  If they won't allow you to take leave owing to you during that notice period, they should pay you for it.  Whether you should write to them as I suggested earlier is more complicated because the situation is much less clear cut than you originally outlined.  (You had implied that they had already refused your request to take leave owing to you during your notice period and that you would have to extend your notice period to allow you to take that leave.  That isn't quite the position, is it?  And they haven't actually said they won't pay you for any leave you don't take, have they?)   Two other things: first, are you changing employer within the NHS?  If you are, it's a possibility that questions may be asked if you are in the pension scheme and you have two periods of full-time employment that overlap.   Second, your manager's email refers to "your last working day".  This is a little ambiguous and can cause a lot of confusion in the NHS.  You may wish to check whether they mean it is the last day of your employment (ie including any leave you are taking) or is it the last day you are actually present working.  Do you see the difference?  Managers often get hopelessly confused by this without HR guidance.  (And HR often get it wrong).   It's a pity you can't or won't seek union guidance if you are a member - that's what you pay for.
    • And with 33% equity nobody will care either.
  • Our picks

    • Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.
      I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.
      I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.
      No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.
      The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.
      They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.
      They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.
      I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?
      Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies

rci financial services - mab law claim form

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4028 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

hi all urgently need your help


i was a limited company and took out a contract hire on a nissan which i was personal guarentor. 2 years in to a 5 year contract the company seized trading, i held on to the vehical and tried to make payments as i knew i was guarentor. i couldnt afford to pay anymore so i asked nissan if they would take the vehical back which they did and said once they had sold the car then i would be able to make a arrangement to pay back the balance.


about 6 months later a received a letter from Matthew arnold & baldin llp stating i had 14 days to make full payment otherwise the would take court action. i imeadiatly called mab asked if i could make arrangement to pay, the lady dealling was on holiday i spoke with her boss he said send her an email explaining my finacial sit and offer. which i did. i tried calling lady dealing a couple of week later left message, she never responded tried again about a month later left mess no responce. forgot about it for a while and about 2 months later i called her again and spoke with her she said she hadnt received the email or any of the messages. i explained sit she said arr shouldnt be prob but needed to fill in a inc & exp form. received it next day filled it in and returned the next day.


never herd anything for 3 months( i know i should have chased but kind of forgot).


15th july received a cc claim for for full amount. i called mab law stated that they never received fin statement and because of that they had taken action. now this is where it gets tricky, i cant have a ccj in the job i do i informed them of this they said the apprciated that but were going to continue regaurdless.


i called rci direct told them of my prob they took details and i put my prop fwd and said they would be intouch. the next day i had a call from mab stating that i wasnt to speak to rci direct and that threy will accept my prop but only backed up with a ccj. i tried speaking to rci they said i should speak with mab i said they wouldnt listen to me she said i should get a loan to pay it off, i told her i have 160k of debt in default but have neg payment plans with all of them but obviously cant get a loan, she said she would get a manger to call me.


1 hr later i got call from mab (ladys boss) statung that i wasnt to contact them and that they were going to proceed with ccj, begged him to allow arrangement without ccj which would cost me my job and thus be unable to make arr payments. refused to listen told me again they are proceding with ccj:-x.


i have returned claim form with list of my debts, my offer and copy of legislation confirming i will not be able to continue in my employment if a ccj is imposed and a letter begging for help.



please help me i need to work to be able to pay back the money i owe, obviously i could just go bankrupt and screw them all but everyone but rci-mab have been decent and do want to pay all of it back. i have a 2yo and a 3yo and wife is 7 months pregnant this is all getting a bit too much to handle

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also who do i sent the subject access request to rci or mab law

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, 1 other thing i have never received a default notice nor did the company. the address they had for me (as the guarentor) had was about 6 addresses ago

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

and again, one more thing.


been reading various posts, am i right in thinking that they should have provided a copy of the cca with the claim form???

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...