• Tweets

• Hi all,   It's been a while since I last posted.   We were due to fly LHR - Mex - Lap (return) with AeroMexico on May 2nd.   The flights were booked with Netflights (owned by dnata).   We have requested a refund from Netflights who have stated they will only issue our refund when (and if) they receive a refund from AeroMexico. 😡   Can anybody tell me who my contract of sale is with, Netflights or the airline?   Is this even relevant?    Who should be refunding me?   Thank you for any help.   Regards.
    • All Talk Talk Direct debits/standing orders, etc were all cancelled correctly and set up for BT. Talk Talk took the money from my debit card details which they had retained. I have now blocked this too. I just want my money back!
    • On the basis it was a direct debit from the bank. Why did you not use the DD guarantee and insist the bank refunds the money.     
    • Basically i can claim for my excess and loss of earnings as i was self employed and cost for hire of van, solicitors have asked for uninsured losses, if lossess are not included in claim i cant recover them at later date the letter states.  
    • Hi All,   On 26th May this year I called my broadband/phone service provider, Talk Talk, to inform them that I would be leaving them and moving to BT at the end of the month.  My contract with Talk Talk had officially ended back in October 2019 and I was just paying them on a monthly basis for continued service. I was advised that I did not need to do anything, as arrangements would be made on my behalf to keep my existing number etc between Talk Talk and BT.  I began my contract with BT on 1st June.  I cancelled my bank payment arrangements to Talk Talk and set up new ones for BT. I then received a bill from Talk Talk for June's monthly charges, which I ignored as I was no longer a customer, I owed them nothing, and they were not providing me with any kind of service. I then received a second bill from Talk Talk for July's monthly charges. I called Talk Talk to explain their error but they insisted that I was still a customer using their services.  This was despite me proving that I have been a BT customer for the past two months and paying BT for services that Talk Talk are claiming to be theirs. Talk Talk then took £60.39 from my bank account on 2nd August, despite having no authority or consent from me to do so.  I complained to my bank and they explained that utility companies hold on to customers payment details (despite GDPR) and this practice is common.  I have now instructed my bank to refuse any further payments to Talk Talk, by any means!. I phoned Talk Talk to complain and insist they repaid my money immediately as it had been obtained fraudulently and they are not providing any service to me anymore.  The adviser couldn't help much, but promised me a call from a manager later in the week.  The call never materialised. I called Talk Talk myself today, and after nearly four hours of phone calls, being put on hold, transferred, being made promises and making more calls, I have got nowhere. One manager did offer a token £30 payment which I obviously turned down.  I eventually hung up after being put on hold for over 20 minutes during a call lasting over an hour. These people are ignorant at best and impossible to deal with. Please could someone advise me on how to get my £60.39 back from these people?  
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
cerberusalert

Office of Fair Trading falls victim to £250,000 fraud

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4034 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

The consumer watchdog that advises the public on how to avoid scams admits to a "control weakness" in its accounts process;

Office of Fair Trading falls victim to £250,000 fraud

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Well that fills you with confidence i suppose :(

I wonder if they'll decline to deal with their own complaint?

They could easily refill that hole in their finances and some by cracking down hard on dodgy debt collectors.

The OFT are a Private for Profit organisation , check them out , they have a listing on Dunn & Bradstreet !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]....Please don't bother my master 'cos my sister & I might bite you...

I DO NOT offer legal advice

-

"I just say what I say because everyone is entitled to my opinion!"

:lol::lol::lol:

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

They could easily refill that hole in their finances and some by cracking down hard on dodgy debt collectors.

Not sure how, I think any fines would go to the treasury not the OFT and they make money by charging a licence fee...

The OFT are a Private for Profit organisation , check them out , they have a listing on Dunn & Bradstreet !

Errr.... no. See the Enterprise Act.

Not sure how, I think any fines would go to the treasury not the OFT and they make money by charging a licence fee...

Errr.... no. See the Enterprise Act.

err no... back, just taken from Dunn & Bradstreet, i highlighted it in RED

Showing page 1 of 1 pages

next page >

Type Company Name Address

O F T 6 Cambridge Street, WELLINGBOROUGH, , GB

OFT UK LTD 4 LOSTOCK PLACE, DIDCOT, , GB

OFFICE OF FAIR TRADING

Also Traded as OFT

FLEETBANK HOUSE, LONDON, , GB

---------------------------------

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]....Please don't bother my master 'cos my sister & I might bite you...

I DO NOT offer legal advice

-

"I just say what I say because everyone is entitled to my opinion!"

Seriously mate, you're nuts. You've been drinking right? Or is it 'shrooms? Maybe a few pillz?

OFT a private profit making company.... eesh. Perhaps you could let me have its company registration number? Or is it trading as a partnership?

Seriously mate, you're nuts. You've been drinking right? Or is it 'shrooms? Maybe a few pillz?

OFT a private profit making company.... eesh. Perhaps you could let me have its company registration number? Or is it trading as a partnership?

Kraken1

Ive found a good invention that may be of interest to you

bullshdeflector.jpg

Yup.