You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• My literal quote isn't surrounded by additional perspective I commonly add and was shown as is.       "64% of the UK’s trade with all the countries with which the UK is seeking continuity,"   * It seems a given that Johnson is not seeking continuity with the EU HB   * Undoubtedly the reality is they just mean 64% of continuity with the handful of African nations that the reference was in despite it implying something else   In which case, a more accurate statement than that presented by Johnson the Liars representatives would be:   We've managed 64% continuity with a small group containing a small handful of African nations which are a small part of Africa as a whole and an utterly tiny part of world trade   and presumably, as they have singled that out for special mention to give their chosen implied perspective ... - that 64% continuity (a little over half we have as part of the European Union) the best deal 'continuity' deal they've managed so far.   It certainly isn't 64% continuity of even JUST the external to the EU beneficial trade we have as part of the European Union let alone replicate the benefits with the rest of the EU   and Don't forget thats just continuity - carrying on what we currently have - and not any new or additional/improved deals  
    • Can I just ask only because I do panic about stuff like this.  More because of the affect it has on my husband.   In 2014 when my husband was at his worst and NatWest got the charging order on our house (which was then repossessed) we had to stop using our NatWest bank account which we did.  When we signed up for credit reports in January we noticed our NatWest bank account was being reported on a monthly basis so we decided to close it.  My husband and I went into a branch and closed it.  We had 4 accounts, 1 for everyday banking and 2 savings and 1 was the loan.  She said she could close the 3 accounts but obviously not the loan.  She said she’d transfer the money from the 2 savings into the main bank account and give us the money then shut all 3.  We were gobsmacked when she gave us over £1000.  We never thought we had money in the accounts.  Can this be used against us?  The 3 accounts are now shut and marked as settled on our credit file.
    • Thank you for your advice.   As the owner of 2 labradors dog turd is something I have plenty of.
    • Apologies if I've missed something obvious (I know nothing about Facebook) but where do the references to the "club" and the SAR come from?
    • Yup, and even if they didn't there is nothing they can do except send you begging letters. The ship has sailed from their point of view they might as well try to make gold out of a dog turd.
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3605 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all....

Just received a very threatening letter from somebody called Nottigham LJA, Carrington Street, Nottingham, NG2 1EE Tel :0115 9477523.

It looks like a really bad attempt at impersonating Nottigham City Council as the crest is very smudged etc....

However, am just a bit concerned it may have a slight chance of being genuine so thought I would post here.

The letter states that it is from

Division 119

Acc: 55096048M NT

Born : My Birthday

No Dear sir or anything just the following :

The amount you owe is £623.50

As you have failed to make payment as directed, you are hereby given notice that one or more of the following steps listed below will be taken against you.

Issue a warrant of distree for the purpose of levying the sum due

Register the account in the Register of Judgements, Orders and Fines, which could restrict furthur credit options available to you and make it difficult to get loans, mortgages and credit cards.

Make an attatchment of Earnings Order (for deductions to be made from your salary ) or an application for benefit deduction ( for deductions to be made from your benefits)

Make a vehicle clamping order

Refer your case to cort, which may decide to increase your fine by 50%, and take furthur action or commit you to prison.

Take any furthur steps permitted under provisions of fine collection regulations which apply to any other enforcement power of a magistrates court.

PAYMENT IN FULL WITHIN 10 WORKING DAYS OF THIS NOTICE WILL CANCEL ANY FURTHUR ACTION. PLEASE CONTACT THIS OFFICE IMMEDIATLY IF YOU CANNOT PAY AS DIRECTED.

APPEAL

You have the right to appeal to the court against a fine officers descision.Such appeal must be made in writing, stating the reasons for the appeal and supported by written evidence you have. it must be recieved by this office, at the above address, within 10 working days.

PLEASE MARK ALL CORROSPONDENCE FOR THE ATTENTION OF THE FINES OFFICER.

SERIAL NUMBER: 1537

Now...I was'nt aware I owed Nottingham Council any money, and the general quality of the letter and it being a PO Box and when you ring the number there's no Welcome to Nottingham Council...the number just rings and rings at 6.30pm....

Anyone come across this and any feedback before I ring?

Thanks

Furby

I'd ring the council in the morning and ask them if they know anything about it. Or better still, take a photocopy of it and take it into their offices. If they are using an outside agency to collect for them then they are responsible for how they behave.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

The council itself will be able to tell you if its genuine or not.

LJA stands for Local Justice Area, and is a term used in relation to Magistrates Courts. Try contacting the Court, rather than the Council.

Could this be a parking fine, or Council Tax

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

carrington street is near the magistrates court but not the actual address - I think it may be an external collection agency. I would follow the advice above and contact the court though to see if there is any outstanding liability orders etc

there are a couple of solicitors on carrington street too

Cool! Thanks for the heads up. I never thought that is possible. I just moved to Nottingham but so far I have met friendly neighbors. I hope to not to receive such a call or notice. Keep us updated too with what's going on with the one you posted. Thanks.

iNottingham

If you have just moved to Nottingham, perhaps the letter you received is for the previous occupants of your home.