style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5383 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all i could really do with some help in writing a letter or how to re draft a subject access report with a view to unlawful charges on my account!

In a nutshell i am currently paying rossendales for last years CT only £300 left to go :) they seem to have been ok with me although i have paid them £700 in just over a month. Not sure if their fees are legal or not but they did get access to my garage :( and left me with a WPO unsigned by me.

This years CT has been passed to them but as yet no contact as i am still waiting on the councils response to taking back the debt before they visit, will keep you posted on that.

However Equita are chasing me for a previous property (different council) i have wrote to them and informed them i am paying the council direct and not them as i believe the figure the bailiff gave me is wrong and they are cheating me with their fees. 995.81 for a 746.32 liability. I've paid the council 100 direct and will do so again this month and hopefully they will take it back.

The reason for the request is i think Equita have over charged me for fees on liabilty orders in 05/06 and 06/07, my own fault for keep letting it get to this stage but i just feel that as things are now being paid i want to make sure that ive not overpaid the bailiffs in the past.

How do i find out what they have charged me on those years because when i rang them they denied ever having previous years accounts.

Thanks in adveance and sorry for being so long winded. :-x

All advice offered is based purely on my own dealings and the help and support i have had from this site.

Copying an of my postings is perfectly fine with me but you may wish to check the spellings.:D

the first thing you do is write to them and ask them to supply you with a breakdown of charges on all account collected by them

send the letter by recorded deliver

you can also e-mail them for this info but it will have to be followed up by letter

Do i just use a standard subject access report? Or does it need wording differently becaues its multiple years im after, equally is just one charge of £10.00 for all three years?

Thanks

All advice offered is based purely on my own dealings and the help and support i have had from this site.

Copying an of my postings is perfectly fine with me but you may wish to check the spellings.:D

Thamks Hallowitch have now sent the letter requesting a breakdown of bailiff charges on previous account, spoke to the council first to see which accounts had been passed to Equita and the amounts on the liability's. I'm sure i ended up paying far more than the amounts the council wanted back then i just paid the bailiffs off in one go didn't know about forums like this.

Now then regarding the rossendales situation for last years CT. :confused:

First communication from them 25.03.09 standard NOTICE of REMOVAL PROCEEDINGS stating amount due 1264.09 pushed through letterbox, i stupidly ignored this as at the time i couldn't pay anything.

Then next thing phone call and texts on 08.06.09 so i rang they very threatening on the phone but agreed to pay the lot by the following day So when i get home that evening i have another NOTICE OF REMOVAL PROCEEDINGS with the same amount on and a NOTICE OF DISTRESS/WPO listing items in my gagrage which was left unlocked. I didn't pay them anything until the 12.06.09 which was two hundred and ive made further payments of 700 since.

What concearns me after reading posts on the forum is that the WPO form UNSIGNED by me and just pushed through the door has a figure of 1264.09 on it, breaking down the fees of 1st and 2nd visits a levy fee and VAN fee. From what i have read should this levy and inventory not be dated 25.03.09 if thats when it was taken as the first letter also has this figure on it.:?:

I'm sorry to make it sound so confusing any help is greatly appreciated.

Anybody just wanted to know what the time in between first and second visits and levys etc needs to be as it would appear according to the paperwork i have they were always going to charge me 1264 right back from march but the notice of seizure or what ever its called is dated june with the same figures.

How do i know when the actual levy was done?

Thanks for any help recieved.:)

Im sorry to say this but.... Bailiffs love people like you :) not your fault ;)

Your best bet is to see what their reply is and see if what they have charged you. Thats if they give you that info in the first place. If they dont then you need to write back and also stating that you have written to the council in question disputing the amounts that they have charged. You have to remember here that these bailiffs are working on behalf of the council and the council are responsible for the actions of the bailiff company. So get a letter off to them as soon as you get a reply from the bailiff.

Im sure they do beacause im the kind of fool that buries my head in the sand until it gets to a stupid stage then end up paying all the charges no questions asked.

Thank goodness for the people on these forums that actually stand up for peoples rights. Must admit i was a little scared after the first few knocks at the door dosen't bother me know, just want to get it sorted but pay up on my terms (reasonable of course). Due to the fact im getting bored of playing hide the car every night, exercise doing me good though:grin:.

Cars not even registered in my name but dont want the hassle of it being clamped anyway.

Can't believe how much these people really lie and cheat with their fees!! :mad:

Edited by Slimrabbit
Spelling monster attacked me

I fully appreciate all the help i'm recieving and when all this is sorted will donate the money refunded from the robbing b*^&($ds. The accounts that ive paid up over the years are done and dusted just begrudge paying them more than i need to now.

Its not financial reaons im trying to claim back the fees its principal and like everyone else i really hate bullys!:evil: