Gtz

Can Any1 Help??. I Feel Like A Marston Cash Cow!!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4033 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Firstly, hello Each and All… I came across this site a week ago. I really need some assistance and truly hope I'm in the right place. I lack in-depth knowledge about these matters, so please… bear with me. Also, I apologize in advance for the lengthiness of this post. I just needed to get this down in writing and off my chest a little before I forget any of it. I’ll try to explain as best I can.

Pt1..

On Sat 16 May approx 8:30am, I got a call from the concierge in the block of flats where I’ve lived for nearly 18 years. When I eventually got to the intercom, the woman told me that a man named so ‘n so was asking for my flat, I told her I didn’t know anyone by that name and asked what he wanted. By the time she went back to the intercom to ask… he’d gone. I then turned and saw the First Contact Card[att] sticking through my letter box (I'd been up since just before 8am...NOBODY had rung my bell or knocked my door). I made my way down to the main desk to ask the concierge what exactly had taken place and wrote down her response. I then went to check on my vehicle only to find that it had been clamped. About an hour later, the same Mr so’ n so was back. I told the woman I was coming down to speak to him as I really had no idea what this matter was about. He had the FINAL NOTICE[att] in his hand and showed it to me. I asked to see the Warrant and he told me he didn't need one to serve NOTICE but there was a copy of it at his offices. I asked what the alleged offence and original fine was for but he couldn't(wouldn't) tell me. I made it clear to him that I did not have the sum he was demanding as I receive LT Inc Benefit and DLA, and that I wasn't happy to pay for something that neither he nor I had any details of. He insisted that I either pay the sum in full or they will tow away my car to be auctioned on Monday morning. I didn't want them to impound and auction my vehicle so I told him I would need time to try and find that sum of money. He agreed and said he'd call me later on that day. I scrambled around asking family and friends but I'm from a working class background and my people just don't have pools of money in reserve somewhere, like most folk.. we just about get by. When the bailiff called me that evening, I'd managed to amass about £350 and offered him that to take the clamp off my car and make arrangements re the remainder. He flatly refused and reiterated that he will ONLY accept the sum in full. That night a cousin called after hearing what had been taking place and said that her boyfreind should be able to cover the difference. I told her I would try again tomorrow as I cannot afford to owe debts to anyone. I managed on the Sunday to get the figure upto appx £600 (all in cash!) but this sum still wasn't accepted by the bailiff who extended my deadline to Monday end of business. I called my cousin that night and she got her boyfreind to call me. He asked how much I needed(£120) and I met him the next day with the cash I'd collected and details for Marston. The bailiff called late in the afternoon(close to 6pm) to inform me the sum had been paid in full and that they would come the following morning to remove the clamp. I awoke around 8:30am on Tuesday morning to find a Copy of Distress Warrant[att] and a PAYMENT RECEIPT[att] on the floor by my front door. That was that, I heard nothing more of this issue, matter concluded... until.. continued in Pt2..

Points of Interest

• This particular bailiff is uncertificated
  • When putting the initial card through my letterbox, he didn't knock my door or ring the bell(which is loud!)
  • I'd received NO letters from this company regarding this matter prior to this "visit"
  • Copy of Distress Warrant looks like it's printed on paper you give to children to scribble on
  • Does the Warrant require a signature and is the CLERK TO THE COURT the person from whom I should be receiving such a document.. where's the JUDGE in all this???!!!
  • He signed the PAYMENT RECEIPT but didn't seek/attempt to get my signature when pushing it in my letterbox
  • He came to my home twice(2) that morning and on neither occasion did he attempt to make contact with me

(I'm heading to a Pound very shortly to liberate my vehicle.. Please feel free to comment on what I've posted so far.. I'll post Pt2 of this saga on my return).

First Contact Card - 16.05.09 [Ed].jpg

FINAL NOTICE - 16.05.09 [Ed].jpg

Copy of Distress Warrant - 19.05.09 [Ed].jpg

PAYMENT RECEIPT - 19.05.09 [Ed].jpg

Firstly you say you are disabled do you have a blue badge, if so then your car should not have been taken. Also if this bailiff was not certified then he should not have carried out this proceedure. You need to get onto Marstons asap and tell them this and tell them they either get your car back to you asap without further charges or you will make a formal complaint to the courts stating that their bailiff was not certified to carry out such proceedures and what he did was illegal also state that they cannot take a disabled vehicle. I hope this helps

cant read your atachments to small

cant read your atachments to small

I can't read them either.

Lol they are saying that they can force entry becuase of the domestic violence act! What an insult to real sufferers of domestic violence