You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

dvae01

New car needs repair - should I have to deliver it to the dealer?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4001 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, need some advice please.

I bought a used car 6 days ago and 2 days later the clutch started slipping. Having spoken to the dealer on the phone they initially said that it was fair wear and tear and that they wouldn't cover repair costs. Anyway, having read some of the other posts on here I went back to them and quoted the Consumer rights act etc and they have now promised to repair it at no cost to me. The problem is that the garage I bought it from is 70 miles from my house so means making 2, 140 mile round trips with my wife giving me a lift in our second car (1 to take the car there and another to fetch it once it's repaired - approx 2 days later). I have asked if they will give me a courtesy car but they don't have any and have also requested that they collect the car from my house and bring it back repaired but they say they have no means to do this (it's a small, family run business).

Do you think I should bite the bullet and take the car back to them or stand my ground and make them fetch it - bearing in mind I don't really want to fall out with them or jeopardise them repairing the clutch......

Many thanks.

Don't really want to fall out with them?

1. They are NOT your friend, they are a business who's sole interest is grabbing your money.

2. Didn't they try to fob you off with 'fair wear and tear'?

Me? I would reject the car under SOGA and go and buy somewhere that may actually care one hoot about their customers.

I wouldn't drive 70 miles with a knackered clutch - who know what additional damage you may be causing?

I would get back to them and require that they recover the vehicle.

You can require they recover or you can tell them it is not practical or cost effective to deliver it to them and that you either have it repaired locally to you, (best idea) and send them the bill or if they insist on replacing the clutch, you will claim the cost back from them for the delivery.

I agree and think that the wear and tear argument is way too convenient. I knowits a feature on most car warranty exclusions as they can't be held responsible for how people drive their cars but 2 days driving means that you're either a rubbish driver or it was already faulty.

If they categorically refuse to assist you, I would offer them two options:

the pay for you to get it repaired locally to you; you reject it ans leave it for them to collect.

Suppose it was totally undriveable? Its their problem not yours.