You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Thanks for this update. Obviously I'm very pleased that your guitar has been delivered and that you don't have to take any further action about this. On the other hand, I'm slightly disappointed because I was hoping that this might be an opportunity to deliver a serious slap against Hermes. Anyway, who knows why it happened like this – but the most important thing is that the item has been delivered and you're not out of pocket – and also probably you have learned a good lesson – don't use Hermes – or Packlink. It's a recipe for trouble.  
    • The assets are allegedly linked to more than $4.5bn stolen from the Malaysian state investment fund. View the full article
    • I have debts of my own and will sort another advice separate for them as now I’m not working and a full time carer for wife & daughter I’m struggling to pay them so will want advice on letters to send them for reduced payments etc But for now I need to know what to do about PayPal as its really making me worry and is making me ill but ive got to try be strong and put on brave face for wife & daughter I dont want them picking up on something is wrong & worrying me
    • Help & Advice wanted on PayPal debt please I had someone staying with me for a while before they moved away and they had access to my PayPal account and was buying a few things and giving me the money no problem but then unknown to me until it was to late they had a gambling problem also and last off used my PayPal to fund online gambling . They ended up using £5,000 through PayPal and the first I knew was when I went to do some online banking and seen £1200 went out of my bank for PayPal so I looked straightaway and stopped / cancelled my bank letting PayPal take from my account . Then I logged on to PayPal and seen transactions 1 after another this going to total the £5,000 so I unlinked my bank & cards from PayPal account . Then nearly 2 weeks after I started getting emails and messages saying my account was in negative balance for £3,800 because they already had the £1200 . I’m in a bit of debt anyway and struggling so for this to happen left me feeling very ill to find they have spent thousands and left me without anything no money to live on or feed family even at the time as that £1200 that was took out of my account was all I had, I’m very annoyed and feeling very mad and very ill. Ive no idea how I can put this right as got no work no money because My wife got struck down with illness and disabled and I also have special needs daughter so I’m now a full time carer for both wife and daughter . I need to sort this but dont know how or best way to go about it. Ive had emails from PayPal and ive replied and explained plus went on live chat etc and asked for it to be logged and for them to please come to some payment agreement even though I cant afford it I know I got to put things right somehow but had no joy in chat and was just told pay into PayPal what I owe. So again I get emails and I reply but not getting any reply back to my emails . Ive not told my ill disabled wife about this right now as it would push her over the top and make her more ill thinking about it and its her Nephew to top things off so I know it would destroy her . Ive tried talking to someone with PayPal in live chat etc and emails as said asked if it can be logged showing ive been in touch regarding this matter and need to try sort it and also asked for them to contact me in writing so hopefully we can come to some sort of agreement to put this right but so far its been about 31 days now since account been in negative and ive had no phone calls or letters from them yet So what can I do and whats best way to deal with this I’m trying to pursue the person for these funds as we speak but know I’m not going to get anywhere
    • The US House Speaker said the law was a "brutal, sweeping crackdown" against Hong Kong's people. View the full article
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
minus-millions

Hi all can anyone help with Welcome finance ?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3990 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Loan amount £7000 to be repaid over 5 years .

Initial charge for loan £3000 .

Monthly repayments £280 .

Payments to date £2800 .

Current outstanding balance £9000 .

I have just recieved my first annual statement and it seems i am paying £280 a month but £180 of that is being deducted in charges so only £100 monthly is subtracted from loan .

Surely this can't be right , i have never missed or been late paying but i am reluctant to contact Welcome as the loan is secured on my house .

I would be very grateful for any advice as to what i should do ?

Hello and Welcome, minus-millions.

I'll move this thread to the Welcome Finance Forum :)

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

hi Minus,

my suggestion is, if you are able to scan your agreement and the statement removing all personal info and that way people can see what the charges are for and work out if there is anything wrong with the contract or the charges.

Of maybe 30 papers only 3 offer any personal info so i will ask my daughter if she can get then on here for you to look at , thanks .

I have scanned my letters into com but how do i post them on here ?

I have scanned my letters into com but how do i post them on here ?

I think the way the guys suggest doing it is to get a photobucket account and copy them to that then post on here.

Ok please see below the only 3 letters i have from Welcome Finance that relate to me personally , the first is the offer i accepted , the second a copy of the agreement i recieved after i had agreed , and the third this years only statement which causes me alarm .

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af119/minus-millions/TheOffer.jpg

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af119/minus-millions/Agreement.jpg

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af119/minus-millions/AnnualStatement.jpg

Edited by minus-millions

Minus, the £180 a month isn't a charge but the interest on the loan. Welcome are charging you 22.20% per annum according to the statement - that works out at roughly 1.85% a month. So, after your payment, the balance is £9843.43 and 1.85% of that is around £184. As the balance goes down, the amount you pay in 'capitalisation/interest' will decrease so 1.85% of £8900 is £165 or so.

You may find this link useful -

Excel functions for calculating loan repayments

I notice in your agreement that you're paying PPI, though. Get this cancelled immediately, even if you do nothing else.

i had probloms with about 5 yrs ago if you miss a payment you will be taking to court well i missed a payment and won the court case due to not contacting for change of d/d though bank the judge throw the case out on reading the statement from my bank /and my self he advise w/f to closed my acct as i had being overpaying them advice pay off loan douggie company lots of luck oh yes judge awarded me £1500 cost

Thanks Tedmaul72 obviously the extra £100 a month i'm paying results from PPI so if i can get that removed and prove it was mis-sold i am likely to half my monthly payments .

Woody thanks for the vote of confidence but i don't have £1500 to get it to court !

if you get the PPI removed you need to ensure they restructure your loan - so the monthly payments reduce not that they take it off the back i.e. payments stay the same but you pay X number of months less.

Remember RESTRUCTURE not REWRITE - do not sign a new loan agreement

and it doesn't cost you £1500 to get it to court - normal court fees are between £35 and £75. But you're a long way off from that yet.

I'd have to think about restucture , if i continued to pay £280 monthly once PPI was removed the loan would be settled in 2.5 years rather than 5 years , surely this would allow me to avoid considerable interest ?

I would need legal representation to go to court that doesn't come cheap !

No - if they don't restructure you are still paying interest as remember the PPI is front loaded.

and why do you say you need legal representation there are plenty of people that do it themselves - me being one of them. Eveything I have learned I have learned on here and using the internet.

Anyway as i have said court is a long way off and you are speculating ahead of the game - first you need to send the letter to reclaim PPI. You can assess your options when you get a response.

Of course how stupid of me the interest would be calculated and projected forward to include the cost of PPI so remove the PPI from the start date and the interest would have to be recalculated . DOH!

thats ok it took me ages to get my head round all of this too :)

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: Agreement Number

I purchased the above policies from you in connection with the loans referenced above.

I believe that I was miss-sold these policies for the reason(s) given below, and wish you to investigate my complaint according to your normal complaint procedures.

--------------------------------------

Despite it being explicitly required under the rules of the Financial Services Authority (FSA) the following terms of service were not met :-

1, At no time did Welcome Finance ask about existing insurance cover .

2, At no time did Welcome Finance advise the PPI was optional .

3, Welcome Finance did not comply with disclosure rules as they did not disclose the

amount of interest that is payable on the premium .

4, Welcome Finance failed to explain or bring attention to the exclusions and

Limitations of the policy .

-------------------------------------

I personally was not able to make an informed decision as a result of Welcome Finance failing to act within the rules explicitly required by the FSA .

To further underline this I had at the time of application an existing insurance policy that offers far greater cover than your own , this policy is a requirement of my mortgage and it seems reasonable to assume that Welcome while acting as an insurance broker and being aware of the mortgage should have suspected this and questioned the need for PPI of their own accord .

Of course I am now aware that your sales advisors receive commission upon the sale of insurance products and therefore their actions cannot be impartial. This should have been made clear to myself at the time of the insurance being sold.

Please now investigate my complaint within the eight weeks allowed to you. I expect that you will uphold my complaint and refund all premiums paid plus both statutory and compound interest and compensation . I would expect the loan to be restructured to take into account these changes but will view any attempt to rewrite the loan as grounds to forward my complaint to the Ombudsman .

I am advised because i dealt solely with Welcome Finance when the loan and insurance was approved that Welcome Finance is responsible for any third parties involved .

If I have not received a satisfactory response within 8 weeks I will contact the ombudsman who is already dealing with an unrelated complaint (fsa number *****) on my behalf to discuss court proceedings .

Do you think this letter covers everything or does it need altered again ? Comments please .

Edited by minus-millions

Come on guys i want to post it today but i'm sure i've made a few mistakes ?