PCN, where there are no yellow line

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5372 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm looking for some adivce on a PCN I got this week. I was parked within a clear gap of say 20metres between a double yellow line area and a single yellow line area and recieved a PCN. There is a sign saying restricted parking 8am-6pm, but as there are no yellow lines is this enforcable?

Cheers for any help.

Purely from your description this does sound like a case you might win. Give us some info, and someone will advise.

What was the contravention? What was painted or marked on the roadside where the vehicle was parked, if anything? Do you have an image of the location (or one from Google Earth maybe?).

If the lines were just painted out or tarmaced over as a result of highway maintenance, it looks like a good case...

The PCN was taken back from just an informal challenge on the council's website. Seems like they just made a mistake as I had two fines in two days and both were taken back straight away. I didn't need to send any pictures of the car being nowhere near a yellow line. Cheers.