Lowells and Littlewoods

mazbck
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5181 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got a letter in From Lowells today looking for a balance of over £2300 for a Littlewoods catalogue balance. I will admit that I buried my head in the sand about owing them money due to health problems over the last couple of years. Im now at a stage where I am ready to take the bull by the horns and sort everything out.

The balance when I stopped paying them was about £900.00 and I had been in contact with Littlewoods back then saying I wasnt working etc. We moved house and now this letter comes in.

I originally opened the account in 2005 and always managed payment via DD every month.

Would it be a good Idea to get a CCA letter away to them, and see what happens there.

Any advise would be greatly welcomed.

I got a letter in From Lowells today looking for a balance of over £2300 for a Littlewoods catalogue balance. I will admit that I buried my head in the sand about owing them money due to health problems over the last couple of years. Im now at a stage where I am ready to take the bull by the horns and sort everything out.

The balance when I stopped paying them was about £900.00 and I had been in contact with Littlewoods back then saying I wasnt working etc. We moved house and now this letter comes in.

I originally opened the account in 2005 and always managed payment via DD every month.

Would it be a good Idea to get a CCA letter away to them, and see what happens there.

Any advise would be greatly welcomed.

Yes, send the CCA ASAP.

Littlewoods rarely have one.

Should they come back with one, then SAR to see what is owed and what is made up charges they they have no hope in hell in collecting.

JOgs

Thanks, CCA off in post today to Lowells. See what happens now, and possibly come up with a F & F. I know Im due them money but there is no way Im paying for all the charges.

Should I possibly contact Littlewoods themselves about a payment plan?

Thanks, CCA off in post today to Lowells. See what happens now, and possibly come up with a F & F. I know Im due them money but there is no way Im paying for all the charges.

and you should NOT.lowell have payed about £250 for this debt.

Should I possibly contact Littlewoods themselves about a payment plan?

they will tell you that it is nothing to do with them anymore,and tell you to contact lowell.

would send cca request and see if they can get it;)

no doubt the losers will start offering f&f wonderfull offers anyway.

and if that is what you want you will be in a much better bargaining position if they dont supply within 12+2 or at all.:lol:

SAM

• 2 weeks later...

Letter in today now from Hamptons Legal, who I know from reading other threads is part of Lowell Financial, this one is saying the same as the other one, we may that action, and they have the cheek to add on the court fees and solicitors costs, and interest, even though they only MAY take me to court!

Still waiting for a CCA from Lowells as well.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Got a surprising letter from Lowells today along with what seems to be a CCA, its one sheet with the T & C.

Now here is the strange bit, I wasnt married when I opened the account and the name and address reflects that, yet the signature is my married name about 6 months after I got married, yet I cannot ever remember signing anything for Littlewoods apart from when I recieved any goods :confused:

What should I do now?

• 1 month later...

Got a letter today threatening legal action within the next 7 days from the lowlifes.

How can a CCA be produced and legal when the signature doesnt match the name of the account.

IE Maiden name on account but signed with my married name, also the signature is too straight for my actual signature and it looks like its been copied on to the paper!!

Checking it again tonight, the actual form iis illegible and the signature is way too clear!!!

Edited by mazbck

subbing mazbck, good luck

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

littlewoods.jpg picture by mazbck - Photobucket

Here is what I got, now it was dated and signed at least 6 months after I opened the account, the name is my maiden name and the signature is my married name!

The CCA letter want signed it was printed, and the signature on the above is similar but not exactly mine either, and its very clear compared with the rest of the page.

Edited by mazbck
added extra info

I have no Idea, I do remember I had to fax through a copy of my marriage certificate to condirm the change of name but that was it. Even the date and numbers that were on there didnt seem right. They were very messy which is very unusual for me as I am very neat due to my profession!

Bump, I have now had a letter from Lowells saying the account is now with the Pre-litigation department (ooooh Im scared)

Can anyone have a look at the CCA I posted and tell me if it is a true one, as Im not sure what to look for, and what I should do about the signatures.

Hi,

Sounds like somewhere along the line your signature has possibly been copied, did you write to them at any other time and possibly signed a letter without thinking. I am currantly in dispute with Littlewoods and read in the forum that companies can copy and then paste signatures into documents. I learned this after I had sent various letters to Littlewoods. I am waiting for my CCA to arrive. I know I never signed one so will be interesting to see. I have since applied the SignGuuard Signature strip to my signature so now no one could possibly copy my signature. I agree with what was said earlier to you, it wouldn't stand up in court.