You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• This is more than helpful. Thank you so much. I will get the cca done tomorrow and post the reply from them for what to do next. Thank you all again. 
    • 12+2 working days.   a dca can't hurt you credit file any more anyway.   only the original creditor can issue and register a default, on or before the sale of the debt.   what the dca put in the calendar section is immaterial as only you and them can see it it does not extend the 6yrs period whereby the debt shows on your file and after which the 6th defaulted date's birthday causes the whole file to removed regardless to paid or not, paying or not......makes no odds. it still goes, but might still be owed mind, depending upon the contents of the CCA return.   dx  
    • Hello   I agree with dx100uk.   Send them a CCA request which is a request for them to produce the original agreement that gives rise to the debt.  They have a limited amount of time (I think around fifteen days) to send you the document.   Here are the possible follow-ons from that:   1. They don't respond within 15 days and so you are legally entitled to stop paying until they do send a response. 2. They send a letter saying they have gone back to the original creditor to ask for the document and they need more time.  You (legally) stop paying after fifteen days and don't pay them again until they send proof. (This is the most likely first response as they wont have any of your documentation as they bought your debt as part of 1000 others on a spreadsheet on a CD ROM or USB stick). 3. They send you something that looks like a contract or which might be something else that they want you to think is the contract within the time frame.   After either of the above  whatever they send you should be referred back here for an assessment as they will often send you unsigned documents or made up bits of nonsense.  Even if the contract turns out to be the genuine one it still might not be enforceable due to errors made by the creditor at the time of signing.   The only potential downside to the above is that they could try to damage your credit record but probably it is as much damaged as it can be by this debt already so nothing else they can do will make it worse.   Following on from the above you can continue to not pay them.  I would setup an on-line savings account and pay yourself the money instead which has the advantage of creating a resource in case you need to resume payments in the future.   They may send you further letters either inducing you to resume payments by threat or by offering you a deal.  If the document is not valid then the only deal you need to take is the one you unilaterally entered into at T plus 15 days when you agreed with yourself not to pay them another penny.   It is not impossible that they will send you a letter saying the debt is unenforceable (miraculously I have actually seen one!) and asking you to pay anyway which you will of course ignore as you should not be giving any member of this low life industry any encouragement.  
    • I agree and I've no doubt that will happen in the future, but if a court claim is issued and a ccj successfully registered against the debtor then it will never be sb anyway, so are we more likely to see more court claims in the future ?      Can it not work both way though, if the sb date is ultimately aligned to the date of the default notice, essentially giving the creditor 6 years to collect or issue a court claim then regardless of when the debt was last acknowledged / payment made, a debtor could just tell the creditor to eff off after the 6 years is up, figuratively speaking     
    • Received acknowledgement of defence submission from court. VCS now have the option of continuing their claim or not. Watch this space !!!!
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
mazbck

Lowells and Littlewoods

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3801 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I got a letter in From Lowells today looking for a balance of over £2300 for a Littlewoods catalogue balance. I will admit that I buried my head in the sand about owing them money due to health problems over the last couple of years. Im now at a stage where I am ready to take the bull by the horns and sort everything out.

The balance when I stopped paying them was about £900.00 and I had been in contact with Littlewoods back then saying I wasnt working etc. We moved house and now this letter comes in.

I originally opened the account in 2005 and always managed payment via DD every month.

Would it be a good Idea to get a CCA letter away to them, and see what happens there.

Any advise would be greatly welcomed.

I got a letter in From Lowells today looking for a balance of over £2300 for a Littlewoods catalogue balance. I will admit that I buried my head in the sand about owing them money due to health problems over the last couple of years. Im now at a stage where I am ready to take the bull by the horns and sort everything out.

The balance when I stopped paying them was about £900.00 and I had been in contact with Littlewoods back then saying I wasnt working etc. We moved house and now this letter comes in.

I originally opened the account in 2005 and always managed payment via DD every month.

Would it be a good Idea to get a CCA letter away to them, and see what happens there.

Any advise would be greatly welcomed.

Yes, send the CCA ASAP.

Littlewoods rarely have one.

Should they come back with one, then SAR to see what is owed and what is made up charges they they have no hope in hell in collecting.

JOgs

So should the CCA letter be sent to Littlewoods or Lowells?

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER.

SO PROUD OF MY AVATAR,THAT TOOK ME WEEKS TO WORK OUT HOW TO GET ONE.:lol:

PLZ CLICK MY SCALES IF YOU LIKE WHAT I SAY.

OR IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY.:smile:

Thanks, CCA off in post today to Lowells. See what happens now, and possibly come up with a F & F. I know Im due them money but there is no way Im paying for all the charges.

Should I possibly contact Littlewoods themselves about a payment plan?

Thanks, CCA off in post today to Lowells. See what happens now, and possibly come up with a F & F. I know Im due them money but there is no way Im paying for all the charges.

and you should NOT.lowell have payed about £250 for this debt.

Should I possibly contact Littlewoods themselves about a payment plan?

they will tell you that it is nothing to do with them anymore,and tell you to contact lowell.

would send cca request and see if they can get it;)

no doubt the losers will start offering f&f wonderfull offers anyway.

and if that is what you want you will be in a much better bargaining position if they dont supply within 12+2 or at all.:lol:

SAM

Letter in today now from Hamptons Legal, who I know from reading other threads is part of Lowell Financial, this one is saying the same as the other one, we may that action, and they have the cheek to add on the court fees and solicitors costs, and interest, even though they only MAY take me to court!

Still waiting for a CCA from Lowells as well.

did lowell acknowledge your request for cca and tell you that OC is retrieving from archives/what date did they sign for it.times nearly up.

ignore hamptons illlegal

SAM

This is the only letter Ive had since I sent of the CCA, which was signed for on the 30th July.

no doubt you will get the standard letter within the next few days,we are retrieving.

times up wednesday.get in dispute letter ready.

SAM

I got a letter in today(yes we had post!!!) from the Leeds Losers saying they could not find any information for me, and all collections and letters would be on hold.

Got a surprising letter from Lowells today along with what seems to be a CCA, its one sheet with the T & C.

Now here is the strange bit, I wasnt married when I opened the account and the name and address reflects that, yet the signature is my married name about 6 months after I got married, yet I cannot ever remember signing anything for Littlewoods apart from when I recieved any goods :confused:

What should I do now?

Bump

Got a letter today threatening legal action within the next 7 days from the lowlifes.

How can a CCA be produced and legal when the signature doesnt match the name of the account.

IE Maiden name on account but signed with my married name, also the signature is too straight for my actual signature and it looks like its been copied on to the paper!!

Checking it again tonight, the actual form iis illegible and the signature is way too clear!!!

Edited by mazbck

bump

another wee bump

subbing mazbck, good luck

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

bump

are you abul to scan it cus it sound v dodgy to me. befor you put it up take out all of your personal deatails!

when you sent your 1st letter dis you sign it?

littlewoods.jpg picture by mazbck - Photobucket

Here is what I got, now it was dated and signed at least 6 months after I opened the account, the name is my maiden name and the signature is my married name!

The CCA letter want signed it was printed, and the signature on the above is similar but not exactly mine either, and its very clear compared with the rest of the page.

Edited by mazbck
added extra info

i often wonder if they get manage to get a copy of the signature when you sign for any item ordered previously at door

I have no Idea, I do remember I had to fax through a copy of my marriage certificate to condirm the change of name but that was it. Even the date and numbers that were on there didnt seem right. They were very messy which is very unusual for me as I am very neat due to my profession!

Bump, I have now had a letter from Lowells saying the account is now with the Pre-litigation department (ooooh Im scared)

Can anyone have a look at the CCA I posted and tell me if it is a true one, as Im not sure what to look for, and what I should do about the signatures.

It's simple.

Send a letter asking why the account has your maiden name but the signature is your Married name.

Ask them if they intend to use this in court as you'll be more than happy to point this out to the Judge.

Jogs

Hi,

Sounds like somewhere along the line your signature has possibly been copied, did you write to them at any other time and possibly signed a letter without thinking. I am currantly in dispute with Littlewoods and read in the forum that companies can copy and then paste signatures into documents. I learned this after I had sent various letters to Littlewoods. I am waiting for my CCA to arrive. I know I never signed one so will be interesting to see. I have since applied the SignGuuard Signature strip to my signature so now no one could possibly copy my signature. I agree with what was said earlier to you, it wouldn't stand up in court.