You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

bezzy2407

Fredrickson International - Kays (shop Direct)

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4003 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi i new to using these forums and such but am finding myself with a problem.

I was contacted in march 2009 with a letter from fredrickson international asking me to contact them so i did . i was then shocked to find them asking me for money for a debt in the region of £350. at this point i said they must be mistaken as i do not have any credit cards store cards loans or any form of credit. When i asked what this debt was for they said it was from goods ordered from Kays direct and was never paid for. i then told them it must be a case of fraud or mistaken identity as i have never dealt with kays. the person on the other end of the phone was utterly useless and just said he was willing to take payment. i basically told them i was not paying them anything and am contacting the police about this being fraud.

after putting down the phone i phoned the police who said it was a civil matter and couldnt get involved and if i think it is fraud who do i think has done it. so they was very little help. i then went about contacting shop direct to find out about this debt. they said there was an account under my name in 2007 at my previous address but it had been sold in 2008 to this debt collection company. at this point i decided ill try do sum investigating of my own and find out what these goods where which had been ordered from the catalgue. they sent me through a list of goods a few days later. i have repeatedly told the company i have nothing to do with the debt and i feel they have just pulled my name out of a hat and i was silly in contacting there random letter. i have spoke with them on 3 occasions and told them to stop contacting me as it is nothing to do with me and this has got me no where. on the 4th occassion when they phoned me and did the general identity checks they actually told me the D.O.B i provided was wrong and they couldnt continue this phone call. since then i have recieved more letters from there solicters and i am just completly stuck on where to go or what to do. i hope u guys can help me and make any sense of this.

i think the next step is to write them a letter but i have no idea how to word it.

thank you for ya time

you could send fredrickson a CCA request enclosing a £1 PO and remembering not to sign letter , they have 12 days to respond but normally will state have asked client for CCA so may take a little longer. You could also send Kays a SAR request enclosing a £10 PO to find out what info they hold on 'you' . but really it is up to the DCA to prove that you owe the debt .

sleepingdog

thank you for ur quick reply sleepingdog. you will have to excuse my ignorance when it comes to matters like this but i have no idea what a CCA is and what u mean by enclosing a £1 PO. as for getting the dca to prove i owe them debt i was thinking the same. but with them hastling me and threatneing court action etc it has got me quite bothered.

You really need to send the 'prove it' letter first:

Letter 18 from here:

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

Amend to suit, send recorded keeping a copy with your postal receipt. do not sign print your name.

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

No point in really sending the CCA as you are completely sure that the debt is not yours.

I would phone the local police station for the address that the fraud happened (not 999) report the fraud and ask for a crime number.

Send a quick note to the parasites at Fred's informing them of the crime number and should they contact you again by either telephone of letter, you will start Court proceedings for harassment.

Should they then contact you again, make sure you follow though with your threat.

Jogs

thank you for your advice so far. i am going to follow babybear39 advise using the 'prove it letter' and i will keep ya posted. as for reporting the fraud to the police i have tried but as the act was commited about the end of 2007 they dont semm intrested and keep saying its now a civil matter and it is upto the DCA to prove the debt.

Unfortunately the police sometimes don't know their remit :rolleyes:

Fraud was a crime last time I checked :|

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Unfortunately the police sometimes don't know their remit :rolleyes:

Fraud was a crime last time I checked :|

Exactly and even if they are not going to investigate the OP really does need a crime number to shove in the faces of these DCA's.

I would write into the chief constable of the local force explaining how you were fobbed off.

S.

Are You as Anonymous on CAG as You Think You Are? *Link*

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.