You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

welsh123

Wiping pre 1997 credit card balances.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3999 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Dear Forum, Ive been contacted this morning by (EDIT) claiming that if I have a pre 2007 credit card and more than £1000 balance that they can get this balance cleared due to flaws in the credit card agreements pre 2007. Has anyone heard of this before and is it legitemate???? Anyone had any success doing this??? They are asking for a fee of £595.00 for the privelage of acting on my behalf. Id be very interested to hear anyone's views, opinions and experiences. Thank you.

Edited by maroondevo52
Removed commercial link

As it is over 6 years old ( assuming you have not had any contact/paid them within the last 6 years ) then it is Statute Barred

You dont need to do anything , if the card company try to persue the matter now all you need to do is write to them Rec Del and tell them that it is Statute Barred

You dont need to pay anyone 595 quid to write a Stat Barred letter, there are many on these forums you could use as a template

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]....Please don't bother my master 'cos my sister & I might bite you...

I DO NOT offer legal advice

-

"I just say what I say because everyone is entitled to my opinion!"

Dear Forum, Ive been contacted this morning by (EDIT) claiming that if I have a pre 2007 credit card and more than £1000 balance that they can get this balance cleared due to flaws in the credit card agreements pre 2007. Has anyone heard of this before and is it legitemate???? Anyone had any success doing this??? They are asking for a fee of £595.00 for the privelage of acting on my behalf. Id be very interested to hear anyone's views, opinions and experiences. Thank you.

PS Apologise for re posting this thread as Id quoted 1997 in original post.

PPS Does the 6 April 2007 date apply to the date the original credit card agreement was made or the date the last card was issued????

Thank you.

Edited by maroondevo52
Removed commercial link

Why not save yourself £595.00 and check it yourself? A CCA request to the original + the cost of recorded delivery that's all it will cost. http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Two threads merged.

Welsh123, please stick to this thread regarding this issue.

I've removed your 'links' as posting commercial links is against site rules.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert