You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Guest Mongoosetierney

Thomas Cook/Direct Hols payment problems.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3985 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Guest Mongoosetierney

Quick(ok mabey a long one) overview of story.

Jan 09- booked holiday to Zante 2w 4* all inc for not much over 1k. departs Oct 09. Final Payment due by 08/08/09

paid deposit fine and paid some money of the holiday on 2 occasions using there telephone payment system fine no problems.

Last week I was ready to pay all the rest of the hols off in to goes(350 then 350 thu's this week) when i phone up The automated payment line went through all the hoops all details ect ect then it says "sorry were having a technical issue please try again later or ring 0870 blah blah-the same number im on-go figure.

So I emailed them on the 20th stating this and askign for an alternative method of payment. seven days later and stil no response. I eventually rang up cust services and tried to pay direct with them- the guy on the phone didnt belive that the telephone payment wasnt working as he'd "just paid off his holiday" went through the details and he comes back saying the cards been declined(debit card with plenty on it) Confused i hung up and checked my balence just to make sure. Checked it and 350 has been taken out of my account just then. :confused: Went to a thomas cook store(didnt fancy talking to unhappy telesales people again) and the custormer service manager said its "proberly" with a holding company until the payment is authorised by the bank.

I dont really like having a lot of money taken from my account with no confirmation of where it is and/or where its going/gone

The final balance is due on the 08th and i dont want to miss that.

Im not sure what to do now. I dont want to miss the payment but i dont want to have more money go out of my account with no confirmation. usually I get an e-invoice stating what ive paid and what i have to pay.

Thanks or reading this

Jay

Guest Old_andrew2018

Any more news

Hi,

Hope you have managed to sort this out and thought that you may be interested to hear that I am experiencing the same problem with direct holidays which is part of thomas cook and I am starting to panic!!

My final payment is due today! I tried to pay online on their website on friday (7th aug) and it said that there was a problem and the payment could not be processed as online system not working and so needed to pay by phone. I therefore spent several hours at 10p per minute on the phone to direct holidays and my credit card company because basically I tried using the automated payment line three times at at the end of each it said payment not authorised and hung up, I therefore called their customer services and they tried to process my payment but too said that my card had been refused. I then rang my credit card company as thought that because it was a large amount I was trying to pay it might have been blocked as a suspicously large amount for me to spend, my credit card company informed me that the reason was due to me only having £300 available to spend on my card!! I couldnt understand this and queryed with them to no provail, I was left very confussed and after feeling very frustrated after hours on the phone later that evenning I decided to contact my credit card company again and luckily spoke to a very helpful man who said the reason for my available balance only been £300 was because £745 had gone out to Direct holidays on the friday but wouldnt be showing on my statement yet as takes approx 3 days!!

So the situation now is that allthough the website said that the payment was declined it has gone out my bank account but not showing on my statement yet and the payment was due today! Thomas cook seem so unorganised and I just hope it all works out as am feeling so frustrated after all these phone calls and the best bit is whilst in the call queue to customer services there was a message telling any customers that have recently recieved letters requesting payment that have already paid to ignore them as they have got all letters muddled up!!!

Is there anyone else out there that is also having problems? I will need the holiday by the time I am done trying to pay for it!! :)

Edited by little_jem