You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Well, you've highlighted the problem yourself, whatever you decide will carry some risk.   However, I would think the risk of a default judgement & CCJ is to be avoided at all costs and the least worse thing would be to write them a two-line letter with their reference number and your new address.   As usual, any details you can give us on the forum sticky would be useful for the future      
    • That the value I paid for.. 250..  The cctv footage it's archived. 2 of them.. 
    • No copy of signature.. Just a name "jolly"... On tracking no proof of signature 
    • Thanks for the message that is what I thought. In the mean time they have sent another message, below, I can’t follow up with Amazon until 48 hours. But I will go armed.    “Your return period is 30 days with ourselves and then you are covered under the manufacturer’s warranty.”    
    • OK, I found the letter I was looking for:     Dear Sir/Madam,   Reference: [order number]   On [date], I placed an order for a [item] and it was delivered by you on [date].   I have discovered that the [item] has the following problem: [give details].   The Consumer Rights Act 2015 makes it an implied term of the contract that goods be as described, of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose.    Any returns policy that says I have to cover the cost of returning items must only relate to the situation where I change my mind about the item ordered and not where there is a problem with the item.    I should not lose out financially as a result of your breach of contract and accordingly all costs of returning the item should be met by you.    I also require you to confirm you will arrange for [the item] to be collected.   I look forward to hearing from you.   Yours faithfully, [Your name]
  • Our picks

• Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 8 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 12 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
Nomoredebt

Apex Credit Management; Should I pay?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4006 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I had a loan of 15,000 pounds from Lloyds TSB over six years ago repayable in five years. I took out insurance against the loan in case of failure to pay. I paid the loan for over two years and then started to struggle to meet my repayments.

I talked to LLoyds and they allowed me reduced repayments but the interest charges didn't stop and the loan grew to over 25,000 over time. I went out of work a year ago and completely failed to make any repayments towards the loan.

I had Buchanan Wells (BCW) come after me threatening legal action ragarding this loan. I wrote to them saying I couldn't pay because I wasn't working. They wrote to say they had returned all paperwork to LLoyds TSB.

A few months later, I had APEX Credit management come after me. I made an arrangement to repay 6 pounds every week towards the loan. What bothers me is that they are asking for the full loan including the insurance which was meant to safeguard against default. Surely I didn't take out the insurance as a cash advance.

Following advice on this forum, I asked Apex for a copy of the notice of engagement to be sent to me. The gentleman kept going back and forth to speak to the senior manager. Eventually, he told me they will try and speak to Lloyds TSB to see if they can provide the paperwork I am requesting for. While that's pending, they promised not to contact me again. I have an active standing order towards the loan. I haven't had from Apex for three weeks now regarding the notice of engagement.

Should I continue to pay? Is it fair for me to repay the insurance which was meant to save me in case of defaulting?

Please help.

you need to send apex a cca request to see if the have the loan agreement, also send lloyds a sar to get the statements etc, then work out what they have added and also start to reclaim the PPI if it is invalid which is what it sounds like

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Thanks,

I don't want to assume things are what they are not. What is a cca and a PPI?

cca consumer credit agreement request - costs £1 send it by recorded delivery to the APEX they then have 12+2 days to supply the agreement, after this time you can withold payment if you wish.

PPI - Payment protection insurance - you stated that you took out insurance so this should have kicked in if it did not then claim it back along with any charges they have applied

cca request template N

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)