CCTV caught me at Euston!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5377 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have just received a PCN from Camden council for parking in Eversholt Street besides Euston station and could really do with any ideas as to how I can try and get out of paying the fine.

Unfortunately I have made a really stupid mistake by seeing an area situated right outside the exit of the station, that allows cars to stay clear of any traffic whilst avoiding the main pavement. Despite noting the double yellows, I thought that it was an obvious pick up/drop off point for the station. I didn't notice any signs, but to be honest I didn't look out for them either. There was also another car parked there, so I just assumed I was ok where I was. Besides, if there was a problem I thought that a friendly traffic enforcement officer would just move me on.

What I didn't realise was that I was being watched by a friendly CCTV camera and have swiftly received a PCN.

I am really going to struggle to pay this within the next couple of weeks and desperately need to delay the fine. Is there anything I can do about this?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

All the best,

James

Did you park and leave the vehicle or did you just stop to allow someone to alight or get in?

You should check out the Traffic Regulation Order for the area to check out the restrictions.

Also post a copy of the PCN with identifying details obscured so that it can be checked for any errors or omissions that may render it void.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stopped to pick someone up. I didn't leave the vehicle, however I was there for about 6minutes.

I'll try and get a copy of the PCN on here for you to have a look at.

Thanks for your help.

I stopped to pick someone up. I didn't leave the vehicle, however I was there for about 6minutes.

I'll try and get a copy of the PCN on here for you to have a look at.

Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately, that's waiting and a contravention.

It's a sad fact that what you should have done is to have driven round the block for six minutes until the person you were collecting appeared at the kerb.

In these times when we are all supposed to be reducing our CO2 emissions we get punished for not doing so. Crazy!

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

Unfortunately, that's waiting and a contravention.

It's a sad fact that what you should have done is to have driven round the block for six minutes until the person you were collecting appeared at the kerb.

In these times when we are all supposed to be reducing our CO2 emissions we get punished for not doing so. Crazy!

....or parked somewhere it was permitted.