You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

davebutton

pcn havering council, i was just waiting?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4000 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

afternoon all,

Have a pcn with Havering LB convention code 23c in a service road

they have a picture of my car, we me sitting in it, waiting with the engine running cant believe they didnt ask why was was waiting there for. i was at the back of debenhams waiting to pick up a tv from the loading bay, could not get on the loading bay as there was a van already on there, i have document stating i was picking up a, tv,

what do i do?

cheers dave.

You need to go back and look at the signage. Code 23 is "Parked in a parking place or area not designated for that class of vehicle".

if i remember it was a coach stop, but i wasnt parked i was waiting for the van to move.

untitled.jpg

This really shows what a great service to the community these council CCTV money making cars are.... its about time they were regulated!

This really shows what a great service to the community these council CCTV money making cars are.... its about time they were regulated!

I think you will find that they are regulated!

There are regulations which councils are supposed to comply with but there is no effective regulator. Thats quite a difference and I would agree, they are not regulated.

There are regulations which councils are supposed to comply with but there is no effective regulator. Thats quite a difference and I would agree, they are not regulated.

You can agree as much as you like but you are both wrong, cctv is regulated both by statute and several government bodies.

2 points:

1. The vehicle window is clearly open and it does in deed make sense that you were waiting.

2. The contravention will be for waiting where you are not allowed.

Parking restrictions are worded as 'waiting' not 'parking'. You are clearly waiting in a coach stop, which is not allowed.

You are clearly waiting in a coach stop, which is not allowed.

Was he "waiting" or couldn't you equally describe it as being "queuing"? Perhaps if he had just kept the car moving backwards and forwards a few feet whilst he was queued behind the van then it could never be described as being parked or waiting at all.

i was "queuing" behind the transit he was "queuing" aswell

cheers for that, we post back when i get more info, have sent email saying i was queuing, and it was a one-way street so i could turn round a go back,

queue (kyoomacr.gif)

n. 1. A line of waiting people or vehicles

:D