Is there anything I can say to Welsh Water?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5385 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I moved into my property in May 2008 which had a water meter fitted. I informed Welsh Water of our new address and at the time we were paying via a payment booklet each month of £35.00 (we are a family of 6) I informed the person that I wish to change to a standing order each month, The representative told me I should pay around the £25 mark which I said I wanted to keep the payments the same as before in our previous property of £35.00 as I thought it is better to be in credit than debit. So the standing order was set up and months went by before I received my first estimated bill which showed I was £95.00 in credit. I then received a letter asking me to telephone with a reading which I did and to my horror we went from being £95 in credit to £330 in debit. My payments were re-arranged from £35 a month to £60 a month, I am not happy as if I had followed the advice of Welsh Water in the first place I would have been in further debt, Just wondering if there is anthign I can do?

I know I can't ask them to take the Water meter out even though it was here prior to us moving in but surely to god they could hve picked up and got a reading earlier to avoid such a massive debt now that I have to pay back.