• Tweets

• Only asking because I want to get my facts right before I approach the bank! Yes, BT is coming out of the same account.
    • not if they want to make the OP the named claimant no!! let them take the other party to court themselves!! the op can be a witness then..   one bitten...read this thread..      
    • eh? no valid contract!   is the BT coming out the same bank AC?  
    • Hi Sorry but i am still stuck on where to go next in all of this.   This week the dealer contacted me at the 11th hour to talk repair of my car. He seemed only interested in the repair in speaking of just one of the problems  and i was struggling to get him to commit to the other fixes required. I asked him about the service history log and the proof that he had changed the cam belt.   He has told me that he will chase the service log book through his accountant. (I'm confused why through his accountant) and that his mechanic would provide the paperwork for the cambelt work, although he is away until September. (I dont believe any of this. He has had months to do this)   Back in June he said in a text to me that he would get my car fixed once his supplier opened for business from the 4th July and arrange a date with me. From that date onwards i was unable to contact him. He didn't answer his phones or reply to my texts or answer machine messages. He has told me now that his business was closed during that time.    I asked him about the 3 recorded messages i had sent him that were signed for. He said that he has not seen any letters. Somehow though he has sold 10 cars throughout May, June and July. I have been watching his stock level on Autotrader and he has been advertising his new stock and his sales on facebook throughout this period. Also he has chosen to contact me this week on the night before i was stating i would take action.   Frustratingly i expressed my desire to return the car to him for a refund and he has told me that because i didn't reject the car in the first 30 days then that wont happen. How could i reject the car if his business was apparently closed, we was not responding to me other than initially putting off any attempt at repair work.   I am feeling completely cheated by this man. He has even accused me of purchasing a car from him that i knew was faulty!!    I have shared my story recently on a Land Rover forum and interestingly a member of the forum has come forward and told me that he had also test drove the car before i did. He said the car displayed the errors i am experiencing and that the dealer had acted suspiciously. This forum member has offered to write me a statement if its of any use?   September the car is due an MOT and it is likely to fail because of the work he has not done. If i take this matter to court and it takes 6 months then what do i do if the car fails the MOT or the faults cause the car to brake down? I need this car for travelling to work and back.   Is it a viable option for me to get the car fixed myself and then claim that cost at court? I need a working car and i do not trust this dealer. He is clearly telling lies and i dont trust him completing the work to a satisfactory level if at all. Im assuming he is wanting to wait for HIS MECHANIC to get back from his holiday too. Strange time to be away for several weeks.   If i was to get my garage to do the repairs i could also ask them to confirm if the cambelt was ever changed. I'm convinced it wasn't.   Please advise. I am incredibly stressed out.
    • Do they need the insured's permission?  Won't the insured have agreed for the insurer to have conduct of any claims and to assist in any court case(s)?   I don't understand why the OP is reluctant to assist their former insurer?
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
dixxychick

Bailiff Fee Despute - debt paid bailiffs chasing HELP

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4036 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I received contact from a bailiffs for an overdue council tax bill from 4 years ago (which to be honest i didn't know i owed). I contacted the bailiff and the council involved immediately stating i would pay the amount in full on my pay day (which was less than 2 weeks away). I send a letter confirming this to the council and the bailiffs also asking the bailiffs to make no more future visits and i would pay their first visit fee (i was also told on the phone as i intend to pay no visits would be made until after this date). The next evening someone hand posted a pack through my door. It was the bailiffs stating i now owed them for two visits!! And the outstanding bill.

I contacted the bailiffs saying that i would not pay this charge as i was informed there would be no further visits and i also re faxed them my original letter. 1 day before i was due to pay the council i received a letter through the post staying the Council has no agreement in place with me and so I had to pay them in full including the new charges. I called the council and paid them as promised I also paid the bailiff for their first visit, but told them i would not be paying the second fee (this btw is only £18! - but i don't want to pay - cause i don't believe i should). They said I owed them the fee as the council had no formal agreement with me! I believe i was fair and could've refused to pay all fees!

I am still receiving calls from them. Do i have to pay them this fee? Where do i stand?

by the way this is rossendales

I sent the council letter by first class post only, but faxed the letters to the bailiffs and so have a copy of fax and reciept that it was sent.

i do have a name for the bailiff so will look now.

Can't read his surname, so maybe??

Edited by dixxychick
Mistake

try phoning

Ministry of Justice Public Register of Bailiffs on 020 3334 6355

i cant find rossendales on the register either

send a fax to the bailiffs saying that if they continue to pursue you for the £18 2nd visit you will file a form 4 complaint to the court as you have proof you sent a fax to them offering full payment on xxxxx date and the bailiff 2nd visit charge was after the date of the fax

Found them as Rossendales Ltd

I will send the fax as you suggest.. Will let you know how I get on!

Just a quick q. If i paid the full debt off to the council, can the bailiffs still chase charges?

yes as soon as its passed to the bailiff and the bailiff leaves a hand delivered letter to say he has called then you have bailiffs charges

can they use the [paid off] liabilty order to enforce the charges though?

at one time i dont think they could, but has that changed now?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

yes they can I'm afraid